RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

I love Palatino Linotype, as it supports the interrobang, and I also like Sybil Green because it's pretty.

I use Papyrus for titles and little things like that.

I am in love with Cambria. I am not kidding, I love it.

Tempus Sans ITC, Candara, and Calibri are nice too. Corbel.

GARAMOND. biggrin.gif I don't know why, Garamond is simple but pretty.

I always used the comma after the word "and" here's a little quote:

The only foods that's good for you life/body are fruits,veggies, and milk. Milk isn't a food, it doesn't matter to me.
Edited by Rubs

Papyrus is apparently the official font of the middle east and to hate on it is racist...?

Well strap me up for a racist, because I can't stand that font.

Something about it just annoys me.

I used to do the programs for all my high school's drama productions. I get very picky about my fonts. :3

Garamond is one of my faves. It's simple and clear, but also has a kind of elegance... Also happens to be the font of Harry Potter, but I didn't find that out 'til recently. ^-^ Zapfino is another good one, but I don't use it much. A bit too fru-fru for most things, except short titles.

I always used the comma after the word "and" here's a little quote:

The only foods that are good for your life and body are fruits, veggies, and milk. Milk isn't a food,(missing conjunction but/yet/etc.) it doesn't matter to me.

There, much better.

I had to take a typography class, so I know more about fonts than I would like. Still, that class had fun assignments and I ended up making a poster on the futura font...which I still like shockingly.

My favorite font is Algerian, I feel sorry for one of my teachers because I typed a whole paper in it!

What would you call the past-tense for spit?

What is the plural of 'fish'?

(Two arguments I have had)

What would you call the past-tense for spit?

Depends on what kind of spitting we're doing.

If it's spit as in ejecting saliva, I think the past tense is spat. "I spat at him."

If we're going to spit as in to thrust a spit into or through, the past tense is spitted. "We spitted a pig."

Plural of fish can be fish or fishes. I don't know which is 'correct' but both are generally accepted. "We caught five fish." "Oh, look at all the fishes!"

I love these kinds of arguments though. :3

"Fish" is used when all of them are the same species. "Fishes" is used when they are different species.

I'm pretty sure that's right.

Edited by satyr76

I get annoyed when people say "Should of" instead of "Should have"

They make it sound like "Should" is a quantity of something. You don't get go to a shop and say "I would like a should of baked beans, please!"

That's a really feeble argument but you get my point, yeah? :x

They make it sound like "Should" is a quantity of something. You don't get go to a shop and say "I would like a should of baked beans, please!"

I think that might come from the unofficial contraction for should have, should've, which then causes people to write it out as should of, maybe because spell check tells them that should've is wrong so they use the other alternative.

YES. SO much this. *headdesk* Drives me crazy.

I think it is the contraction's fault - when most people say "should've" out loud, it's gonna sound like "should of." Which then leads to people phonetically spelling it that way.... *sigh*

My pet peeve of the week: People who will post "All in favor say I!"

The word is "aye." As in the opposite of "nay." GET IT RIGHT. D:<

YES. SO much this. *headdesk* Drives me crazy.

I think it is the contraction's fault - when most people say "should've" out loud, it's gonna sound like "should of." Which then leads to people phonetically spelling it that way.... *sigh*

You said that much better than I. dry.gif

I hate misspelled things. I'm a spelling nazi :3.

Lol. "Should of" drives me CRAZY. I also really dislike people using multiple exclamation points. One (! instead of !!!!!!) is enough, and more than one is grammatically correct.

Also "?!" this drives me insane, unless I'm really angry and I use it myself. *Is guilty of such a crime*

Also "?!" this drives me insane, unless I'm really angry and I use it myself. *Is guilty of such a crime*

i really dislike using "?!" but sometimes, since its the internet and you can't hear people talk online, i go ahead and use it for lack of a better way of communicating my sentence/word. :/

My pet peeve of the week: People who will post "All in favor say I!"

The word is "aye." As in the opposite of "nay." GET IT RIGHT. D:<

...And if you're a math geek you could say: "√-1.".

(The square root of negative one.)

I actually end up correcting peoples' grammar, and spelling, if the need exists, which it always does.

It drives some people insane, whereas others actually like that they're being taught better grammar then they don't already know.

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with them either.

@Rhea: I got it from a friend whom I believe got it from there.

Although, knowing him, I wouldn't put it past him to have made the joke up himself @___@.

@Rhea: I got it from a friend whom I believe got it from there.

Although, knowing him, I wouldn't put it past him to have made the joke up himself @___@.

√-1? whut? O.o

what does that mean?

*feels...out of place....*

EDIT: thank you TikindiDragon, i had no idea X3

Edited by lizardtail