RheaZen

Grammar, Spelling, and Fonts

Grammar works me up badly, as an English Language major :P Spelling too - with complicated/rarely heard things I suppose it can be excusable, but with simple spellings, my buttons will be pushed. Personally on social media I rarely use capital letters [aside from here, because I feel it's more formal] but I'll always make sure my grammar and spelling is correct because those are key aspects of communication. However, if somebody's first language isn't English I'm more than willing to let it slide, because English grammar makes no sense, and apostrophes are hell to get one's head around XD

On 9/1/2017 at 6:03 AM, Metal-n-Monster said:

Well, tbh, any of the pixel fonts would work. But I really like this one TGT has on their thread specifically:

517k12.gif It's small, pixel-y, and legible. I don't have any stock pixel fonts installed, so I was just curious as to what they would be. XD

Most pixel banners tend to use "Visitor" from what I've seen. You can download it from a bunch of different sites for free, it's a freeware typeface. I personally use dafont.com and haven't had any issues with it.

That's SO close, but the N isn't right :)

Oh wait - there are two versions.... The N is the lower case one. Way to go - I think you got it !

English is my third language, it also happens to be the only language I didn't learn in school. Most of the things I know, I learned on my own through practice over the years (Not many years either, I've only been trying since around 2012). I'm very self-conscious about the way I spell, and my grammar is probably tremendously bad. My vocabulary is awfully limited, meaning it's hard to avoid repetitious use of the same term in some sentences.
Speaking of sentences, most mines are way too long. I believe you guys would call them "run-on" sentences. 

I'm applying for an English Literature major in a few days... needless to say I'm not very hopeful.
Wish me luck!