Carnivorous M.

The Wilderness Clickers

Awww man, that really bites. :/ Now there might be no future generations of valentine 10's in the wilderness. Or can TJ fix that. I don't know I'm just so sad now unsure.gif

Edit: Typo

Edited by wolfy

Poor eggies, they never had a chance. sad.gif -goes off into a corner to cry-

Oh well... I guess in the meantime let's continue to keep a lookout. I think that the next time there are eggs or hatchlings in the Wilderness and they get sick, I'm going to put up a notification asking people to please not click them until they get better, curiosity or no.

Hmm... the Wilderness is turning out to be a really good source of characters and story ideas for me. Basically, I just refresh the page, record each of the dragons that show up, and then organize them into tribes/clans based on which page they show up on. Does anyone else do something like this, or am I just weird?

LOL All I see on the wilderness/young page is a White Dragon... blink.gif It's been like this for a while... Where'd all the hatchies and eggs go?

Small, likely stupid question?How do you tell if the hatchlings are frozen?

I may like to join in with this.

I think the frozen hatchies are the ones with the adults on the /wilderness page. The unfrozen ones and eggs are on the /wilderness/young page.

i would like to help but have one BIG question.

conncerning the rule that says we can NOT post eggs/hatchlings anywhere with out concent of the of the owner i wish to know if that applys to the wild dragons or not, and if any one has actual asked TJ about this.

Edit: @ -platinum-draco- & Ein Sylean: the only way to realy tell of the hatchling is frozen is to click and and see if it has the will die if dose not grow up in ____ amount of time...if it has that it is NOT frozen if it dose not have it it IS frozen.

Edited by Tayshelaran

They already get too many views, you shouldn't post them anywhere.

I haven't seen a single egg survive the hatchery recently: they get too many clicks, end up sick, then die. sad.gif

They already get too many views, you shouldn't post them anywhere.

I haven't seen a single egg survive the hatchery recently: they get too many clicks, end up sick, then die. sad.gif

maybe TJ should hide the wildness for a while or something?

Oh, is this how the cave get caveborns or is it not?

Oh wait nevermind..

Edited by master125

@Tayshelaran: I'm fairly certain that 'accepting aid' turned off means that the user doesn't want someone to post their eggs, either because they're running a Neglected experiment, or they just don't want the eggs to get too many views too quickly. I'm assuming that doesn't apply to the Wilderness, although it'd be good if someone could go on the IRC channel and find out (my computer won't load the IRC). Also, as other people have pointed out, the Wilderness eggs are currently struggling more against sickness than neglect.

@Rabbit153: How did I miss that post? I'm such an idiot. xd.png If anyone wants to release a dragon for the project, they can; in such an event, I will add a section to the OP listing the released dragons and their original owners. In fact, adding a section right now...

I've come up with a plan to at least try to keep the Wilderness eggs' numbers down until they can handle them. What happens is, someone sees an egg or hatchling, they post on the thread saying so quickly. Then, people can go ahead and click until someone notices one go softshell, at which point post telling people to stop clicking immediately.

After about 12 hours after the softshell report, someone check the page(s) of the egg(s) and hatchling(s), state whether it's all clear or not, and then continue clicking until they get hatch, grow up, or get sick again, in which case send out another warning.

Sound like a plan?

I'm with the plan.

Also, I just picked up another gray to watch, I really only chose him because he grew up on my birthday. :3

Sweet! -fist bump-

Yeah... it makes meh so happy when I see a dragon whose birthday/hatchday/grow-up-day coincides with mine. biggrin.gif

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I'd like to join in, and I read the OP "cream cheese enchilada"

I've got a nice selection of dragons that I'm watching, and at this time, none have any new eggs, just older children that have long been adults. Three of the dragons I am watching were CB and the rest were lineaged and ten have children. I have a total of 22 dragons that I am watching.

As for the softshell/sickness, I've noticed that it usually tends to last for 24 hours, not 12. Checking at 12 hours might be a good idea, but I doubt they'll be out of that stage until 24 hours have passed.

Alrighty! Adding, Dante! Also, thanks for the heads-up about the sickness. biggrin.gif

Oh, please, may I join in?

I'd love to be a Watcher!

I'll make a banner, too! *goes to work on*

*Edit: Cream cheese enchilada! Whoops, sorry I forgot this- I skipped over it as I thought it was a part of the list of watchers. xd.png

Edited by Aerinna

Here it is!

user posted image

I hope you guys like it. wink.gif

*Edit: I added a border to the image.

*Edit: I made another banner, because I became in love with the Wilderness Egg design. laugh.gif

user posted image

Edited by Aerinna

This is interesting.

Have you considered posting the egg saying you are watching it and then simply ER it as an egg and then later as a hatchling to prevent it from getting sick? I know it is kinda strange but perhaps it would insure their survival.

Also, does anyone have the code for the wild Holly Dragon in the Wilderness?

Oh, hello, Colt! smile.gif

I'll keep my eye out for the Holly Dragon, and let you know if I find its code.

*Edit: Um, I don't know if this is the one you're looking for, buut...

http://dragcave.net/view/8Mbx

Edited by Aerinna

That is Yule dragon, and I'm sure there are several of them. It was said this Christmas by TJ I believe that there was one adult Holly in the Wilderness. I believe he bred it to release the eggs to the AP although I could be wrong about that...

Hollies look like this:

<a href='http://dragcave wikia com/wiki/Holly' target='_blank'>http://dragcave wikia com/wiki/Holly</a>

Edit: You will have to copy/paste that link. Sorries. Also named the Silver you gifted me. Had to add an extra letter as the name we discussed was taken.

Edited by 21Phoenix