Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

How long should we wait for our eggs to be accepted?

You mean to hear back from a waitlister about accepting an egg? That's really up for you. There's quite a few people on the list and you've gone out of your way to breed an egg for them, so don't feel you need to wait forever. I generally wait two or so days but whatever's convenient for you is fine.

I would  just like to clarify here. Breeders should feel free to handle their gifting in whatever way they prefer.

StarSea has made a kind offer to help you find homes for your eggs if you do not want to take the time and trouble to do it yourself. However, it is not required that you do it this way. If you prefer to control the destiny of your own egg, please do not feel that you must send the link to her. I don't think trust is really the issue here. Some people just like to have direct contact with the person who is getting their egg, or want to be able to pick the person from the list who gets it. And that is perfectly fine!

Are you aware that StarSea has sent out a mass PM to all the willing breeders? A message that I'm sure more than just myself have found very offensive? :\

Not sure if we have to give an update on how we plan to distribute out eggs, but if we need to, I prefer to handle giving out hope eggs in my own manner, not going through StarSea.

Well, anyway, regardless, I have a hope egg with this beautiful lineage. I'll leave it open for people to PM me if they'd like to claim the egg. If no one wants it, I'll simple raise it myself so Child of Hope has a sister :3

Are you aware that StarSea has sent out a mass PM to all the willing breeders? A message that I'm sure more than just myself have found very offensive? :\

Not sure if we have to give an update on how we plan to distribute out eggs, but if we need to, I prefer to handle giving out hope eggs in my own manner, not going through StarSea.

Well, anyway, regardless, I have a hope egg with this beautiful lineage. I'll leave it open for people to PM me if they'd like to claim the egg. If no one wants it, I'll simple raise it myself so Child of Hope has a sister :3

I only became aware of the PM when I received it myself. I wish she had consulted me before sending it. I believe that her motive was good, but her wording was not the best.

You do not need to let us know how you plan to distribute your eggs. That is entirely up to you! All I ask is that once you have transferred an egg to someone, you post here to let us know who got it so we can keep the official list updated.

I am very sorry for any hard feelings that have resulted from StarSea's action. I think she was just a bit over-enthusiastic and unaware of the ways of the forum.

I too, thought the PM was a little harsh, but chalked it up to the exuberance of someone a lot younger than myself. Felt that the good intentions of the PMer out weighed the faulty wording. smile.gif

I offered my egg to Kakaru_of_DOOM, but she hasn't responded in two days and the egg is running out of time. I also passed over a few people who hadn't been on the forum in months. Finally decided to offer the egg to Tishavara. Hopefully someone accepts the egg before it dies.

List has been updated to here.

If you have gifted an egg in the past few days, please check the lists and make sure that the person you gave it to has been removed from the waiting list and added to the list of people who have Hope dragons. Thanks! I don't want to miss anyone.

~purplehaze

Did anyone send a link to xoSeasonal? They responded and have said they are waiting for an egg.

If someone needs/wants an egg, I am listed as available for breeding but I will respond faster if I am sent a PM since I don't have the time to check forum threads anymore. My life outside of DC has gotten busier now that my children are teenagers and doing more extra-curricular activities. Combine that with my 40-hour work week and my computer time is limited.

So...to recap...if someone wants an egg, feel free to PM me. You'll get a faster response.

Thanks.

I am with you on this. I also found the PM offensive and I would much rather handle giving out hope eggs in my own way.

I don't always have time to check the forums because I have a long standing Chronic illness and I am helping care for my mom is just recovering from having Breast Cancer, that is why I am on the 'Breeders who may be contacted by PM to request an egg' list. I have no issue with breeding a Hope egg for anyone who contacts me but I should not be bullied into breeding my Hopes to try to clear the waiting list. The people on the waiting list are free to contact me as they wish.

I appreciate that the official Breast Cancer Hope Lineage moderators had no part to play in that PM so I am in no way angry at them I just wish that individual users wouldn't try to take things into there own hands.

While I'm here I just wanted to say that maybe it needs to say on the front page that people on the waiting list do not have to 'wait their turn' to get a hope egg. I think a lot of newcomers feel that they cannot as for an egg right away because they are at the bottom of the list. It just might encourage newcomers to PM a breeder verses a breeder PM'ing them with an egg and therefore the amount of people on the waiting list would decrease quicker.

It's just a thought.

While I'm here I just wanted to say that maybe it needs to say on the front page that people on the waiting list do not have to 'wait their turn' to get a hope egg. I think a lot of newcomers feel that they cannot as for an egg right away because they are at the bottom of the list. It just might encourage newcomers to PM a breeder verses a breeder PM'ing them with an egg and therefore the amount of people on the waiting list would decrease quicker.

It's just a thought.

Just to let you know: for the last few months I have been sending a PM to each new person added to the waiting list. I tell them basically that whenever they are ready for a Hope egg they should send a PM to one of the breeders listed. I also tell them that eggs may be posted from time to time on the thread, or a breeder may PM them with an offer, but their wait could be very long if they choose either of those ways to get their egg. wink.gif I also did an activity check in September for all the people already on the wait list. I sent them a PM asking them to reply within 2 weeks or be removed from the list. In that PM I also told them the same thing as I have been telling new listers.

I can certainly add that information to the front page when I do the next update, because people probably forget! Thanks for your suggestion.

Just to let you know: for the last few months I have been sending a PM to each new person added to the waiting list. I tell them basically that whenever they are ready for a Hope egg they should send a PM to one of the breeders listed. I also tell them that eggs may be posted from time to time on the thread, or a breeder may PM them with an offer, but their wait could be very long if they choose either of those ways to get their egg. wink.gif I also did an activity check in September for all the people already on the wait list. I sent them a PM asking them to reply within 2 weeks or be removed from the list. In that PM I also told them the same thing as I have been telling new listers.

I can certainly add that information to the front page when I do the next update, because people probably forget! Thanks for your suggestion.

Thank you for listening Purplehaze smile.gif I'm glad you can see where I am coming from.

I wasn't aware that you were had sent those PM's but I think it's great that you are doing that.

I also think having it on the front page will just help inform people before they sign up because the long list might put people off applying in the first place if they don't realise that they can get an egg whenever they are ready.

I just wanted to say that I'm around a bit again and I still take breeding requests. Just tried my pair and got "No Interest".

Sorry to Blue_Moon98 for not answering your PM, but I saw you now have a Hope Dragon on your scroll, so everything is ok?

Regards, ammy

Though I haven't seen this PM, I think what could be taken as offensive wasn't meant to be, the PM was StarSea's way of asking for help, wasn't it? I'm sticking my nose in this business because I don't want to see this misunderstanding become out of control, which happens often online.

Anyways, I named my hatchie 'Hope Lives'. I will be back in twelve or so hours to check up on the thread again. (Hope Lives Hatchie)

Edited by RockinSia

Though I haven't seen this PM, I think what could be taken as offensive wasn't meant to be, the PM was StarSea's way of asking for help, wasn't it? I'm sticking my nose in this business because I don't want to see this misunderstanding become out of control, which happens often online.

I agree that StarSea had no intention of causing offense to anyone. She was genuinely trying to help and quite a few people got Hope eggs because of her efforts.

Edited by purplehaze

Okay.

So.

I got StarSea's PM; and BCHope's, as well. but that's a different thing.

I have a busy schedule, and won't be around much to be able to breed and hold eggs and make sure they don't die; so I would prefer if people just PM'd me when requesting for eggs.

(:

I have no intention of causing an argument because that won't solve anything and I agree that she most likely did not mean to upset anyone but her wording was not the best and I wish that she had contacted the thread mods before sending that PM to everyone. I'm sure there are several breeders including myself that feel hurt by her words because we do care.

Yes more people have got hope eggs because of her efforts and that is great but I don't feel comfortable just saying 'well her intentions were good so lets forget it' because I feel that is saying well as long as your intentions are good it doesn't matter how you treat people and I don't really like that. I feel like StarSea should at least acknowledge that she might have upset people with what she said and also that there might have been a better way to get more people interested again.

I'm not going to say any more on this matter but I had to voice my opinion.

Lulu_witch, I was in no way trying to minimize your feelings. *hugs* I am just trying to deal with this in a way that lets all of us, including StarSea, continue to participate here and keep the lineage thriving.

I would really like to put this all behind us and move on as soon as we can.

Lulu_witch, I was in no way trying to minimize your feelings. *hugs* I am just trying to deal with this in a way that lets all of us, including StarSea, continue to participate here and keep the lineage thriving.

I would really like to put this all behind us and move on as soon as we can.

I agree with purplehaze, I just want everyone to get along.

I understand what you mean lulu_witch, but we can't make StarSea apologize if she isn't ready to or doesn't want to, it's her choice. Who knows, she might not have even gotten on yet to see this. xd.png

Also, I was wondering if Alice Rose's egg has gone to a good home yet? If not, we should help. smile.gif

I would like to say that I am available to breed my Hope dragons if anyone would like me to. They just need to send me a PM and I will gladly breed one of my pairs for them. I do not have time to PM 5 or 6 people on the waitlist to see when someone will return my PM, as I have a very busy job. So please PM me with a request, and I will breed any pair you would like. Thanks!! biggrin.gif

Edited by twokeen

@ purplehaze and RockinSia - Thank you, I don't want to argue or anything, I want this to be a peaceful thread where we all get along too.

I realise that I have no right to make StarSea apologise, I just wanted to let people know that was how I felt. It is difficult to ignore this kind of thing but I know from StarSea's profile that she is young so I can forgive that her judgement may not have been the best. I am willing to put this in the past because it isn't good for the thread.

Edited by lulu_witch

HI, if someone has a Hope egg that doesn't get claimed, I'll gladly adopt it... already have 2 Hopes, but would like to get one that I haven't bred myself wink.gif Very rarely am I locked, always try and leave at least 1 slot open for emergencies smile.gif