Breast Cancer Hope Lineage

The NEW Pure New Pink Breast Cancer Hope Lineage!

Pardon me if I'm being rude, but how exactly does this help people with breast cancer?

Also why not have a lineage to raise awareness for all types of cancer, not just breast cancer?

Pardon me if I'm being rude, but how exactly does this help people with breast cancer?

Also why not have a lineage to raise awareness for all types of cancer, not just breast cancer?

its bc of how many that have died and it gives a wonderful excuse to breed lovely pink dragons since pink is the color of breast cancer awareness, and we are not saying that other lineages aren't out there for other types of cancer (or all cancer types) but this one is for breast cancer.

a rainbow lineage would be more suited for all types of cancer anyways. (its probably a good idea, but i am not the one to do it.)

its bc of how many that have died and it gives a wonderful excuse to breed lovely pink dragons since pink is the color of breast cancer awareness, and we are not saying that other lineages aren't out there for other types of cancer (or all cancer types) but this one is for breast cancer.

a rainbow lineage would be more suited for all types of cancer anyways. (its probably a good idea, but i am not the one to do it.)

Like a boss Zerhai...

Even when I post in red, all caps, huge letters, no one notices me.

I'm totally Sue Heck'ng right now.

Edited by YOGSCAST_Dragon

Yeah, but surely instead of using a Digital thing, why not actually do some physical good by donating? Or running them race for life? Like if you got a hope dragon you'd pledge to sponsor someone or donate to CRUK or other cancer charities? It gives the hope lineage a point apart from a pb pink dragon lineage, which is what it is at the moment, also maybe you could incorporate the fact that the lifetime risk for Breast cancer is 1 in 8 and that it doesn't only affect women, around 400 men are diagnosed with it each year in the uk

Oh yeah, about the men getting breast cancer, one of the causes is radiation exposure.

I have been exposed to more radiation than normal people and with the profession I will take up.... MUCH more radiation.

Yeah, but surely instead of using a Digital thing, why not actually do some physical good by donating? Or running them race for life? Like if you got a hope dragon you'd pledge to sponsor someone or donate to CRUK or other cancer charities? It gives the hope lineage a point apart from a pb pink dragon lineage, which is what it is at the moment, also maybe you could incorporate the fact that the lifetime risk for Breast cancer is 1 in 8 and that it doesn't only affect women, around 400 men are diagnosed with it each year in the uk

Don't assume that none of us do any of those things in real life. This thread is about raising awareness, remembering those lost to the disease, honoring those who have survived, and offering HOPE for the future. Yes, there are many kinds of cancer and there have been other lineages started for some of those, too, but this one was the one that continued to draw interest.

Also, it contains a link in the first post to a site that funds mammograms for people who can't afford them. Clicking on that link daily and visiting the sponsors does have a very real effect. smile.gif

@YOGSCAST_Dragon - I see you! And thank you for adding the information about breast cancer in men.

Edited by purplehaze

I think the big issue you may have is with the gooftastic side I give to this lineage and you may very well feel that I am making fun or light of the entire situation. I will admit that from an outside look that it would look that way, I will not debate that point.

In the end this lineage is a place where all those who have been impact by breast cancer can come and find other people who have also been impacted. People are then able to PM people so they can share their stories, their pain, and their hope for a better future for their families and themselves. This lineage may not be able to cure cancer just by being here, but it gives dragon cave people a place to connect.

I also don't believe that we are excluding or denying that men can also suffer from breast cancer. It just sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, because you link breasts to women. Also, there is a stimga about admitting, as a man, that they are suffering from breast cancer. It is something people never want to talk about, and we should, but in this theed we are not a group that forces people to tell their stories. We allow them to tell their story when they feel comfortable.

We are NOT a Susan G. Komen type group who raises a lot of money to help research, we are more of a support group. IF we are able to help just one person who is or knows somebody suffering from breast cancer then we did our job.

I am will admit to you that I feel that you are coming in here to troll, if that is not the case I am sorry. Intead of trying to question our motives or our sincerty to people who are suffering I suggest you visit:

Susan G. Komen donation page or head to Make a Wish Donation page.

Susan G. will help donate money towards research, and Make a Wish will help bring a smile to the face of young children who are suffering from fatal forms of cancer.

I hope that you will help out.

Edited by Mysthunter

Dude, seriously? you insult us when you say things like that. we care about the cause, and we love pink dragons. that is all. Many of us have been touched by breast cancer in some form or fashion, whether it is that they have had it, a friend has had it or a family member has had it. Many of us have lost loved ones to it. We are a very supportive lineage and we thrive, if you have nothing nice to say, i believe you should leave!

Alright, I think that is enough response to that post. If this person is seriously not a troll then we have given them something to think on. If they are a troll then they are just feeding on our reaction. wink.gif

@Lou - Enjoy your dragons. They are probably a lot less trouble than a date anyway! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

PH is always the voice of reason.

true true its one of the reasons i poke ph with sporks mwahahahahahahahah! *pokes ph with a spork*

OMG I missed so much by not reading....

I can't stop laughing laugh.gif

Missed you, Myst...

I am the other who breeds a 3rd gen Hope, but nobody every wants mine, hardly, so I figure if someone does they'll ask.

Happy Valentine breeding folks biggrin.gif

I can't stop laughing laugh.gif

Missed you, Myst...

I am the other who breeds a 3rd gen Hope, but nobody every wants mine, hardly, so I figure if someone does they'll ask.

After the Valentines Day Rush, can I have one of your 3rd Gen Eggs. Would be fun to have one from you. :-)

After the Valentines Day Rush, can I have one of your 3rd Gen Eggs. Would be fun to have one from you. :-)

Sure can, I do have one person ahead of you now smile.gif Cool beans!

I have one of yours, and have for a long time biggrin.gif

Deb, how did I miss getting an egg from your 3rd gen? I have two from E. Hope but none from yours. Would you mind adding me to the list, too?

See, it's not that no one wants eggs from yours, it is just that you don't advertise the way Myst does. laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Deb, how did I miss getting an egg from your 3rd gen? I have two from E. Hope but none from yours. Would you mind adding me to the list, too?

See, it's not that no one wants eggs from yours, it is just that you don't advertise the way Myst does.  laugh.gif

Heck yeah I push my E. Hope eggs...that is the only reason they keep me around! If I did not have that, man...not sure what lineage I would be banished too...

Wait, PH really you have 2 of mine? Huh...It seems more people have E. Hope Dragons then I remember...lol.

I have decided that I want to be upset. Being that I joined DC in Aug of 2008, and if I joined the fourm I would would have had a much lower member number...also I did not know about holiday dragons...so I missed out on the 2008 Christmas and 2009 Valentines day dragons.

Hahaha, I think most people here in the lineage have a child of E. Hope.

Edited by Mysthunter

I can't stop laughing  laugh.gif

Missed you, Myst...

omg omg omg omg omg! can i have one too!

I have at least 2 from e.hope!

Edited by Zerhai

How does everybody have 2 from E. Hope...do I just give them out like candy on Halloween?! lol.