vivo

Death of anime/manga characters!

Naruto: Haku, The Third Hokage, Gaara(even though Chiyo brought him back), Kakashi(even though he got revived), Asuma, and Itachi(T^T)

*MANGA SPOILER*I want Kabuto to censorkip.gif die for using that censorkip.gif jutsu to bring everyone who died back to life and fight even when they didn't want to!!!!*END SPOILER*

Wolf's Rain: Toboe's death was so sad! Blue and Hige were...T^T...

Sonic X: When Cosmo sacrificed everyone it made me so sad...especially when Tails got upset.

Bleach: Kaien's death was so sad! And I really hope that Stark, Tia and her girls, and Grimmjow are still alive...THEY DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE!!!! T^T

DBZ/GT: It was so hard whenever the characters died even though I knew that they'd be brought back! I was really angry with Goku/Kakarott when he didn't want to come back after Cell though.

Character deaths are so hard! I get so attatched to them and then the censorkip.gif creator decided to go and kill off my favorite characters!!!

Itachi from Naruto. I like, cried for an hour, and then didn't read it for a couple weeks. I was like so upset. D|

I don't understand why all the bad guys have to die off and none of the good guys ever do. :| I want Naruto dead so bad.

@SkyeDragon: I think Stark died, and it was never proven that Grimmjow actually died so he's probably alive (/hope), but I dun remember for sure. D|

If we can pick Video Gae characters too i would have to say Xion from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Spoiler I guess? her death was really sad for me as she knew it was going to happen and if she did tell Roxas what she was planning before she did it, he would of held back. She wanted to die to protect her friends but what's worse is no one can remember her after. What makes it even sadder is that her last moments were one of her happiest ones.

Also in Digimon, when Patamon died. of course he just ended up becoming a digiegg and getting reborn.

Edited by psyshock

Of all the anime I have watched, none of the characters die (without being brought back e.g. Dragonball fandom). The only anime I watched where a few deaths made me rage were:

Euphemia, Lelouch & Shirley of Code Geass

Utena Tenjou from Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Naruto

-Death of Itachi, i sat and cried for soo long and i refused to watch any more episodes for a while untill I got over it.

-Death of Natago, *sob* i loved Nagato

-Minato and Kushina's Death, if you've read that far.

Code Geass, Lelouch's death, although you never actually know for certain if he died or not... lot of arguing there.

Hughs from FMA- i cried for hours as well, I had a friend over who I just introduced to Anime and I got her to sit down and watch FMA, When it came to that part I looked over and I swear I saw a small tear...

Zack from FFVII- *Sniff*

Wolf's Rain- Every character, although mostly Toboe...

Plus many more

The only time I felt truly depressed when seeing a manga character die was in Akumetsu. It was pretty sad seeing all of the Akumetsus die in the final showdown, especially since they knew that they were all gonig to die. Hazama's death was more depressing than the others though...

L from deathnote.

sad end, but i wasnt too upset because i think its good (and more realistic) when people die. especially if its the good guys.

though, ive only seen two animes, deathnote one of them. so i dont really have much else to say/compare. sleep.gif

Also in Digimon, when Patamon died. of course he just ended up becoming a digiegg and getting reborn.

It was Wizardmon that did it for me. Poor guy.

Kaien and Miyako from Bleach. Also Jin Kariya.. He's probably one of my favorite bounts and enemy. Even though I kinda hated the whole filler bount episodes XD

And Hughes from FMA

I pretty much only watch Bleach and Full Metal. But mostly just Bleach. :P

Edited by Sourwhatup

The worst death was th death of L in death note. i cried soooo much.

haven't watched it since. they kinda lost it after L died. Near and Mello are alright but just.... Mello is scary (and i swear he's a confused chick) and Near is too much like L (although so adorable)

L is always my number 1

It was Wizardmon that did it for me. Poor guy.

Yeah, Wizardmon's death was sad. That episode when he comes back in Adventure 02 as a ghost makes me feel so bad for Kari. I also always thought Kari and T.K. should of gotten more recognition as being older digidestined in 02 then they did. they were treated like newbies half the time when they had all the same experience as the older digidestined.

To make this post not off topic then I would have to say in KHBBS Terra, although he didn't ACTUALLY die he still lost control over his body because of someone else. Also in Digimon Savers there was Yukidarumon.

portgaz D. ace and maes hugh(e?)s dying were sad

L dying ruined death note for me

neon genesis evangelion, elfen lied and code geass have so far proved too depressing for me to finish

Wolf's Rain- Every character, although mostly Toboe...

I'm still crying. Blue and Hige forever <3. Thats were I got my main charrie for most of my roleplays off; Blue. Kiba... is it possible to have a crush on a manga/anime character? Toboe was just soo... Toboe-ish. In a good way. I loved when he battled that giant walrus to death after Kiba was stabbed in the knee with it's walrus-thingy. And Tsume. heh heh, I started to grow on him after about episode 10.

At least they went to paradise... ^^'.

*Contains spoilers*

Not an anime, but about 6 hours ago I saw Hachi: A Dogs Tale and it was so sad. The dog would meet it's owner at the train station every time he came back from work, one day he had a heart attack and the dog waited in the same spot for 10 years, 10! I didn't want the owner to die, but I knew it would happen sad.gif. Then Hachi died, but he also died in real life because it was a true story. A statue was built where he'd stand waiting and it was used as a bomb in World War II, but rebuilt soon after it ended. :'(

Edited by XWolfieX

I'm still suffering over the trauma of Haku dying in Naruto. (Still not sure of Haku's gender, so I'll call her a girl. It actually says indefinite gender for her/him/it/person of the same gender as Crona in Soul Eater 'cause I say so) I read that part of the manga yesterday. In the library. It was hard for me to hold back tears. I didn't want her to die. I'm like "NOOO!!!! KAKASHI!!! USE YOUR MAGIC POWERS TO BRING HAKU BACK TO LIFE!!!" Then Zabuza dies. Me: *facetable, with tears all over*

I was watching Air the other day, and I thought it was really sad when Micheru died. (I think that's how you spell her name?) You didn't even see her leave. She just... dissapeared. *starts crying and runs away*

The death of Ace in One Piece about tore me apart. The sheer desperation and sadness that Luffy felt, that you could see written in his expression, was heart-wrenching. It was about ten times worse in the anime than in the manga too. :'(

I honestly don't think I've seen another death in Bleach or Naruto that struck me as so sad. Although, the deaths of Haku and Asuma (Naruto) and Hughes (FMA) did bring a twinge of sadness. Lelouch's death at the end of Code Geass had the same effect.

I swear though, I'll lose it if Naruto, Ichigo, or Luffy end up dying at the end of their respective mangas. I've heard that Japanese creators love to have bittersweet endings, as witnessed by Lelouch in Code Geass. I won't be able to bear it if this becomes the case for my 3 favorite underdogs.

When L died in Deathnote, when Maes Hughes died in Fullmetal Alchemist, when Gen died in Kekkaishi.

If you watched Fullmetal Alchemist, how can you NOT be sad when Hughes dies?

Sad:

The another world, Clannad, Nagisa dying.

Happy:

School Days, the death of Makoto Ito.

FullMetal Alchemist:

Maes Hughes...he was always such a fun character. It made me cry to see everyone sad including Major Armstrong and Col. Mustang

Wrath....all he wanted was to be with his mommy again. At least in the movie "Conquerors of Shambala" he finally got his wish.

Nina as the Chimera....her dad, Shou Tucker was desperate and turned her into a tortured beast.

The Slicer Brothers....I felt bad for them especially when Edward came to understand them more and they too seemed to be at peace when they seen that someone actually cared for them.

The one brother that was in the body of the armor..that one was even more sad because Ed was trying to save him yet he wanted his existence to end.

Ed was torn up by the brother's actions to end his existence.

Greed....I don't know...I kind of liked him in a weird way.

Digimon:

Wizardmon...he was such a cute little guy.

Dark Wargreymon...he had his problems and all he wanted, in the end, was to find his purpose.

Mummymon...he loved Arukenimon (sp) so much that he attacked Venom Myotismon after he killed her (I think that was it).

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter:

Though it is a video game it made me sad when Bosch is killed by his best friend, Ryu. Though he basically begged Ryu to do so..it was sad and it pained Ryu to do so as well.

There are others..I just have to think of them.