Thickets

What was your first rare dragon?

My elder silver male. Caught him in the cave and nearly fainted from the shock. Had a very slow connection at that time.

Rares cannot breed with each other. Discontinued dragons (Bright Pinks, Frills, etc) can be considered rare.

Trios and Split Dragons are technically Uncommon, but the Trio are often called Rare.

Stripes are not rare.

I was gifted a gold, my first rare. But I also catch on my own Vampires, so first caught rare. I remember being shocked that a gold was being gifted on the forums, but really, really happy.

A silver that I caught from the AP. I hope, it was not meant to be a trade. But as there were three or four silver eggs on the AP at that time, chances are good that they were gifted. happy.gif

If the discontinued dragons count as Rares, then my first "rare" would be a Bright Pink. wink.gif It's funny to think of them as such because they were anything but rare when I raised mine.

Otherwise, I think my eldest gold dragon is my first. I went quickly checking through the dates of my older rares, and I believe the title goes to Athurok. Elderly bugger! xd.png

My silver PlantiniumRage. xd.png

Or if discontinued counts, my first rare would be inkLeaper, my Old Pink.

My CB silver Iradier

Caught it as an ER hatchling in the AP

(i'm pretty sure it was a trade, but at that time i wasn't on the forums)

Does a split count as rare? If so then that but otherwise an alt black. probably an intercepted trade as I got it off the ap but I didn't know about trading then.

I snatched a silver out of the AP. He was my first rare, though I got a pair of Yulebucks on Christmas a few weeks later. Good month.

I believe it was an Ice that I somehow snagged on my own from the AP. That, or a gifted Gold from TGT. =)

~Feathers

I believe my first Rare was a vampire I checked the wiki page they're classed as rare and our are the only rares with a BSA

My first rare dragon was a Cheese xd.png

If they don't count... then it would the Ice trio eggie I grabbed just a few days ago biggrin.gif I'm so happy smile.gif

My first rare snag was an ice egg off the AP with only a couple hours to go before death, which was followed by my panic stricken search through these forums for a good ER because I was so scared I'd lose my first rare.

Edited by Goslander

Pretty sure my CB Gold was my first rare dragon. I danced around the house like a fool after catching it laugh.gif

A paper dragon. Back when they still had genders.

I was in shock that I had actually caught one. XD

Well, mine was a frill if they are counted as "Rare" now xd.png

If not, then it was either my two headed dragon or my paper dragon

I think I got them on the same day lol

Depends on what qualifies as rare. Technically speaking, it was probably a Geode. But it was harder for me to get a Two-Headed dragon than a Geode.

I joined in October '08, so I got a Vampire in my first couple weeks. After that I'm not sure whether I caught a gold or silver first - or whether the Yulebuck was next. I can't check dates right now because the site is down D: