Completely Different

Honestly, I've never seen the show, but this movie.... Ugh <<

Though... it honestly makes me very curious about the show, since so many people who liked it hated the movie. I'd like to compare the two.

Anyways... this movie had absolutely horrible acting... Honestly, I really have no idea what happened half the time, though, I'm guessing that's just because I never watched the show... What was with the people with the Earth powers though..? If they could use their earth powers all along, why couldn't they...? But I've heard this actually had a reason in the show.. However, I will admit, the special effects were pretty nice and all. I'd have to say the only highlight of this movie was simply SEEING that one dragon thing. That's it.

All in all, this movie sucked <<

Honestly, I've never seen the show, but this movie.... Ugh <<

Though... it honestly makes me very curious about the show, since so many people who liked it hated the movie. I'd like to compare the two.

Anyways... this movie had absolutely horrible acting... Honestly, I really have no idea what happened half the time, though, I'm guessing that's just because I never watched the show... What was with the people with the Earth powers though..? If they could use their earth powers all along, why couldn't they...? But I've heard this actually had a reason in the show.. However, I will admit, the special effects were pretty nice and all. I'd have to say the only highlight of this movie was simply SEEING that one dragon thing. That's it.

The cartoon was one of the best cartoons ever aired. In the movie, nothing happened. A team of about ten Earthbenders did a long interpritive dance in the movie. All it did was throw a pebble

Yeah- what snippets I've seen of the acting really cringe. Really, I would have been find if they'd gotten some decent actors- that really bogs a movie down.

Earthbending in the show is really quick. You can throw a rock with a single movement....there's one awesome seen where a single earthbender overruns a whole city on his own.

Saw it.

It was ok.

Hated the ending. I mean, you're this all powerful being and all you think of is making a water curtain? Drop the wave!!!

Sorry, if this guy is the same in the show, I'm skipping it. I got sick of Kenshin and his "oh, I'm an assassin but won't kill any more, even if I'm getting my backside ripped open!".

I can't stand another character who won't hurt people when needed.

Saw it.

It was ok.

Hated the ending. I mean, you're this all powerful being and all you think of is making a water curtain? Drop the wave!!!

Sorry, if this guy is the same in the show, I'm skipping it. I got sick of Kenshin and his "oh, I'm an assassin but won't kill any more, even if I'm getting my backside ripped open!".

I can't stand another character who won't hurt people when needed.

The movie was a horrible representation of the TV show. In the show, Aang's belief system strongly resembles buddhism. He struggles with the neccessity of violence throughout the series, though it's more a reluctance to kill than a reluctance to harm people.

So, I've been watching this show over the last week, and I've really enjoyed it! I mean, I expected it to be good, but I never imagined just how good!

One thing that's confusing me though: I just watched the first episode of the third season, and the episode was very strange. Everyone was acting out of character and it just seemed darker, but it wasn't explained why. To make it even weirder, what was happening in the fire nation seemed perfectly normal in relation to the rest of the show.

Does anyone know why this is?

I've only seen bits of the show, but probably will try to get through at least a season soon once I'm finally done with watching all of The X-Files....

What bewildered me when seeing the movie trailer was why the heck are Katara and her brother white...

Edited by lightbird

...Just watched the last episode.

WOW.

I have nothing more to say.

What bewildered me when seeing the movie trailer was why the heck are Katara and her brother white...

Aaaand another reason for me to not watch it >.>

I heard that in a second they're making (???) they made the... ah, her name... the blind girl. They made her.

Deaf.

I absoultly love the series.

Saka is the best!

I dont know about the movei though. dont know if i really want to see it

I heard that in a second they're making (???) they made the... ah, her name... the blind girl. They made her.

Deaf.

Toph.

What. The. Eff.

That would like, censorkip.gif up so much.

No.

Deaf.

*stares*

*stares some more*

WHAT?!?

*dies inside*

Okay, they changed the races around. They changed the pronciation of the names. They changed the light-hearted tone, the plot, and the characterisation.

But making Toph deaf? WHAT?

I doubt that's true; it would mean the other character's wouldn't be able to properly talk to her, and it's really just too far-fetched.

Deaf.

T.T

Toph was my favvorite character. I refuse to let them mess her up like that

"TOPH! WE HAVE TO DEFEAT THE FIRELORD BEFORE THE END OF THE SUMMER!"

"What?"

"TOPH! WE'RE ABOUT READY TO LAUNCH THE INVASION!"

"What?"

"TOPH! WE'RE - Oh, for God's sake, someone just get a pen and paper."

"... What?"

Decided to watch the show. It's actually pretty good, although I've only been through the first 6 eppies, and my boyfriend should really learn to STFU and let me listen. But otherwise, it's pretty good. I love Katara's brother, that character is cool.

Compared to the movie, this characters are great. Katara is so strong and well fleshed out. Aang is happy and slightly naïve. The fire prince is fantastic!

I love the humor, sometimes it's a bit childish, but others its enough to make me laugh out lout.

Zuko changes a LOT throughout the show, it's debatable that he has the most character development of anyone.

And the fandom, oh, the fandom for Zuko!

Oh~ Avatar thread, I am so there... here... >.>

Ahem, so yeah I love Avatar and own all the boxsets and I was thinking about going to see the film and then I saw a clip of the film(based around the Haru episode with the earthbenders) and I was just... well, I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. I think I ended up doing a bit of both. IT WAS SO BAD!

I love Avatar too, but I don`t know if I should watch the movie. I hear many bad things about it and I don`t want to watch something like Eragon the Movie, where I had the feeling I`m watching something completely different....

Ok, 2 eppies to finish 1st season. Just WOW!

I thought the movie was ok. But now I'm asking, Mr Shyamalayan, why don't you just QUIT?

Deaf.

They what?

They WHAT?

THEY WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Oh thank you, M Night Safpimaqreoufbar for royally ****ING UP MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! >:U

Ok, 2 eppies to finish 1st season. Just WOW!

I thought the movie was ok. But now I'm asking, Mr Shyamalayan, why don't you just QUIT?

This is why I'm staying away from that director. I saw the Sixth Sense, and it was amazing. But since then....ugh, not so much.

But I take that you're liking the series?

I'm liking it a lot!

I mean, there is so much great material into them to make a fantastic movie. Why? Just... why? How can they scr... it so bad?