Rarsan

Unicreatures

Would you be so kind and post the address of the new place-to-be here once you've figured something out?

And Mods, would you perchance leave this thread open for another while? (I got already cut off from another site's community when *that* was shut down and their thread was closed, and I only recently found out that they actually managed to start a new project some time ago. dry.gif)

I personally liked playing dressup with my avatar and collecting pets. I suggest the name Avipets or Avi-Pets, or maybe AviCritters, to try to stay away from either Uni or Creatures.

Would someone please repost this where it will do the most good? Thanks!

You have to be invited by a member via Facebook at the moment, that I why I asked if anyone uses it biggrin.gif

I would greatly appreciate an invitation to the group! I'm not sure how that works, but I'm Keri Jean Fitzlaff on Facebook, Yumichun on UF, I think. Some variation of that, at least, lol.

I am extremely upset about all of this. I've been on UC1 for years, not sure how many. I haven't been on UC1 recently because I got bored and needed to do things like training and herding but I'd done everything else and I don't let myself go near the slippery slope of spending money online, lol. While UC2 was a surprise, I really enjoyed it. It was much easier to focus on herding and training and I was proud of what I'd done in the year that it was up. I didn't really find UF until UF6, though. I stumbled upon, what I believe was UF4, but I just messed around in the battling stuff. I missed all of the drama with the owner in UF5, so it really hit me off guard because I saw Brint on the chat answering questions and being really helpful and polite. I had no idea that he was banning people for not agreeing with everything he said or that everyone on UF5 was pissed about how UF6 was released before it was ready. I was actually scared. I've never been on a site where admins can go in and edit user's comments.

So now, this will be the fourth site that I enjoyed and loved that has been shut down or abandoned. I was an early user on TinierMe before the people running the site got money hungry and made things extremely difficult on users who didn't spend money. It hit me hard when they were bought by a different person who shut it down. I was newer on Ernya, but still enjoyed the art and avatar items. I had just gotten into the market and started getting nicer items when the site went from fine and dandy to a "hey, sorry we didn't say anything, but we didn't have enough income to keep the site up. Sorry!" screen. I'm big on Sword Quest, a Facebook game, which seems to have been abandoned by the admins. We haven't gotten updates in probably over six months and I'm basically just tying up loose ends and working to gaining the higher powered items and fighting the arena. We got a different thing as the weekly free item on the FB page this past Wednesday, a relic with a different image than usual, so hopefully that means something. And now everything on UF and UC is gone because the owner cares more about his ego than the community he's abandoning. UC2 has been how I keep track of time due to the caretaker hut. I also really loved the art and avatar items, which is a massive pull for me to sites. It's disheartening, but, if the owner of the sites is really that childish, I can honestly say, now with confidence since this is a completely different site where he can't ban me, that I look forward to seeing what the other admins can create without that fear and worry weighing on them. If he would willingly throw away everything that every person on the sites worked for, then he's not a good owner. He didn't even put up any pages to say what happened, so I'm worried about users who were just on UC1 or something.

Going to try and join that FB group too, hopefully we UF people get together again somehow wub.gif

Though it won't bring back all the items I collected and bought over the years, makes me so angry that I stop myself thinking about it dry.gif

I hope one of you facebookers will bring any news here, too, once you have any smile.gif

Going to try and join that FB group too, hopefully we UF people get together again somehow wub.gif

Though it won't bring back all the items I collected and bought over the years, makes me so angry that I stop myself thinking about it dry.gif

I feel half robbed, half fallen victim of a fire that destroyed my house and everything I stored into it. Including my collection of stuffed animals and some Christmas gifts I never had a chance to use. dry.gif

This is very sad news, but maybe we'll be able to rescue something from the ruins. I do hope so.

EDIT: OKAY. here a poll for new names for the site Seidh and them are building. If you guys want a say in the new community, you can vote for the name there.

Edited by micamone

Thank you micamone for posting the poll. It was a difficult choice, but i did pick one.

On days like this when stuck inside because of snowpocolipsegedon, I really miss the site.

I could spend hours playing both collecting eggs and dressing up.

Yumi, I too feel sorry for the UC1 players who never went on UF. They have no clue and there's no way to contact them.

Lots of people are angry with BP.

I'm a Unicreatures1 player who just got flagged about this on twitter. I am really really shocked. I loved the artwork and spent far too many hours on the game, even if I lost a lot in the Unicreatures 2 update.

We're updating the Hatchery to take Unicreatures off. It seems rather final.

If the new group need hosting to get set up, drop me a line. I'm not on Facebook, so I can't contact them directly, but a PM here will get to me. We have server space available (& dev servers if needed).

*sniff* I'm going to miss that site. The people were great. It's a real shame.

Can I pass your message on to Seidh and Pegasus please tirial?

EDIT

Seidh is not a member here, is there any other way he can contact you please tirial?

Edited by Ailsa

Thank you so much - Seidh (Scott Langdon) will be pleased, thank you again biggrin.gif

Seidh has reported that things are taking longer than he hoped. They're having to code a new site from the ground up, and that's bound to take time. He thinks it will be at least another week, but doesn't want to rush things and have too many teething problems. I want to get started, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and have things work. Before he took on this mammoth task I'd become more or less resigned to the end of an era, so waiting isn't that much of a problem.

Edited by Draig Arian