TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

Lookit my new baby! biggrin.gif

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...564&oe=535B7B84

His name is Aster! He's 8 months old, but I was totally convinced he was a hatchling when I opened up his box. He is a hypo lavender motley corn snake, and he's super precious! Right now he's hiding in his tank because he just got here yesterday, and everything is still scary and new. But I can't wait for him to finally come out to explore so I can take more pictures of him. c:

D'awwww, they're always sooo cute when they're young (and older/old, of course <3)! I remember when I first got Blitz (Gotta find a picture somewhere!) from a popular breeder, she's a Snow Cornsnake, and was pinkish when I first got her, but grew up into her white and yellow pattern.

Here's one of her babies though (Her first litter too!!):

http://tinypic.com/r/30bic83/8 (Linked for size)

Edited by 20mia08

Well I have a Guinea Pig! I know they aren't that exotic but I don't know anyone else with one! She is friendly! I love her she is amazing! She runs around a lot and she smells weird. Lol. But the thing that makes her exotic (Don't read if you don't wanna its kind of gross) is her poop... She poops a lot... Lot of work...

Tribble the fox is blowing out her winter coat, hunks of fur are everywhere! It almost seems like I could bulid another fox, that's how much there is.O_O

user posted image

Welcome to the family, Xavier.

I have named him Xavier, for now. Unfortunately, I can't yet sex him as I don't like probing, so if he turns out to be a she, then it will be Xia. :3

I want a rat!

I also want a snake!

I find them cute but I think that having both at the same time MAY be a bad idea. Especially if the rat ends up being as much of an escape artist as my mum's were. They broke out of their cage every day.

The new babies, Zuko and Aang. smile.gif Sorry the pictures are kind of grainy. They are nocturnal, so I didn't want to use flash in their eyes.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by harlequinraven

As of right now, the only pet I have is Jack, my little kitty. Some of these animals are restricted from the public, and while I do enjoy the animal, I have no intentions of owning them, with or without the funds, until such a time until it becomes legal and the species as a whole is not in danger.

Since I plan on having such a menagerie, this may be long:

• A Barn owl, though how to get a nonviolent one would be a mystery
  • A domesticated fox; they used to sell these back in the day from that experiment in Russia, look it up
  • Though not exotic, a Blanc de Hotot rabbit
  • A Major Mitchell's Cockatoo; lovely pink feathers, everywhere
  • An Indian Peafowl, because dear god, that plumage
  • Some kind of bioluminescent sealife, so that when the lights are off, I can see the beautiful, alien lights flow around.
  • More kitties!
  • More dogs!

They still sell the foxes, but they're extremely expensive. And not specially classified under the law so you'll have all the usual difficulties with them.

They still sell the foxes, but they're extremely expensive. And not specially classified under the law so you'll have all the usual difficulties with them.

They are expensive directly from the Russian project, but they can be purchased for under $500 from other places. They are legal in some states, others require a permit, others only allow them if they are a colour other than the standard red, and others don't allow them at all.

Its easier to say what I haven't had. Lets see.. I have Zebra finches, rabbits, and a cockatiel. Ive had snakes, inverts.. just a really long list.

I got a Chinese hamster. I will upload a picture when she stops attacking the camera.

Aww... They're cute. I have never had chinese ones but i had Russian Dwarf Hamster and her color was Sapphire. :3

They are expensive directly from the Russian project, but they can be purchased for under $500 from other places. They are legal in some states, others require a permit, others only allow them if they are a colour other than the standard red, and others don't allow them at all.

No, foxes can be purchased for that much, but those are tamed, not domesticated. The Russian project is the only one that worked with domestication, so the only truly domesticated foxes are from them. And you pay a pretty penny for it, and they won't allow intact animals out of their project.

I have an anole, does he count as exotic? He's cool, doesn't like to be held but knows when I'm talking to him and looks at me while I do so.

No, foxes can be purchased for that much, but those are tamed, not domesticated. The Russian project is the only one that worked with domestication, so the only truly domesticated foxes are from them. And you pay a pretty penny for it, and they won't allow intact animals out of their project.

Ah, I didn't read the part about them wanting domesticated ones, only that they wanted a pet fox.