TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

I had two rats, Marlon Brando and Sonny Flannery. They were brothers but sadly Sonny died a few months ago. sad.gif Marlon is still here though and he's the friendliest little guy Ive ever seen. He loves riding on my shoulder while I walk around and do things around the house. Never bit or scratched a single person! He's just a sweet little guy. <3

I got a female crested gecko last saturday. She's about four months old and her name is Bonnibel (yay adventure time references).

I (wish I) have a parrot, a family of sugar gliders, an emerald tree boa, a lynx, a king cobra, a poison dart frog (R. Imitator) terrarium, a nano reef tank, a Galapagos tortoise, a nile monitor, and last but not least a peregrine falcon.

In reality I only have 2 bearded dragons and 2 planted aquariums. tongue.gif

I wish i had a snake. Not just any snake. A python. My biology teacher has two rats, tons of fish, a hedgehog, a guinea pig, an albino frog, two hamsters ad a python. All in her classroom.

P.S. please help my dragon!!!!

user posted image

I wish i had a snake. Not just any snake. A python. My biology teacher has two rats, tons of fish, a hedgehog, a guinea pig, an albino frog, two hamsters ad a python. All in her classroom.

What kind of python? ovo

I had been tossing the idea of getting a ball python back and forth for a while, but I think I'm pretty much set on a california kingsnake now.

But I still need to move out before I can get it. ;n;

Edited by Switch

I have three turtles as of now. I used to keep hamsters, but the dwarf hamsters in China (where I live) are so terrifying, it's not even funny. I kept two of them once, and one morning I woke up and saw that the golden one had its throat torn out by the other one. I never kept two hamsters together ever again. But on its own the hamster dies surprisingly fast. I've heard a few more stories from my friends about these little killer machines. PM me if you wanna hear more?

But my other friends keep chinchillas, and they've been swamped by babies, so I'm going to get one later! *squees*

I've always kind of wanted a capybara, despite the fact that they're difficult to care for and they bite a lot. But... they're so awesome. I saw one on Animal Planet that swam in the pool with his owners. My dogs hate swimming, so a capybara would be fun. tongue.gif

But I'm never actually going to get one in real-life, so it's more of just an amusing thought than anything I really consider getting.

A fennec fox would be fun to have. They look really cute. I'm don't think they're easy to get though. I heard they can be quite expensive, and the laws in some states I don't think are clear about owning one.

A fennec fox would be fun to have. They look really cute. I'm don't think they're easy to get though. I heard they can be quite expensive, and the laws in some states I don't think are clear about owning one.

They're a handful, too. They can be destructive and they have an instinct to dig. They're also pretty loud.

I would love to have a:

Savannah Cat

Wolf

African Gray Parrot

Indigo Snake

Wolf dog Hybrid

Any Kind O' Frog

Rat

Ferret

And a whole lotta stuff I can't think about right now as a pet xd.png

As a kid, I really REALLY wanted some gerbils. I even got a book about how to care for them and read it ten times until I knew it by heart. rolleyes.gif Until I finally had to admit to myself that I simply didn't have enough space for them and went back to raising tadpoles in a salad bowl every spring. tongue.gif

Well Tribble the fox got fixed yesterday. I dropped her off in the morning, and according to the techs she was nice enough but got more and more testy as the day went on. Growling and such.

She didn't even really want me when i got her, but she didn't growl at me, and relaxed in the car enough to sleep. The vet elected for no cone, to minimize stress.

Up side of the drugs? I actually got to sleep the entire night, instead of a fox running around she went to sleep and stayed that way until morning.

Aww, Tribble is adorable. I wish I had a fox. :3

But you know, a lot of people are really against keeping foxes and other animals as pets. They say things like, "It's not good for the fox", or, "You're keeping it inside when it wants to be free", and stuff.

Edited by Techno_Elf

That's true enough. I've been told multiple times Tribble deserves to be free, or that she's too wild to make a good pet.

There are many common exotic animals in the pet trade right now that I think really don't belong there. Certain species of fox(reds, grays, and even arctics) urbanize very well, though. Meaning they choose to live in close quarters with humans on their own, plus there is a very, very large captive breeding population of foxes. Pets seems like a logical step.

I used to have two pet chinchillas, but we had to sell them because we didn't have the time to properly care for them. I miss them, they were so energetic and soft.

Some videos of Tribble:

. She's gotten much better, also I took that video after numerous tries so it isn't her best showing. She was getting annoyed with the repetition.

. Tribble was in a mood for being pet, usually she is only interested in playing, eating, and sleeping.

The joys of exotic animal ownership. Looks like fun, but at the end I realize I'm missing something thanks to Tribble. Fox do so like to hoard things(when I get a red in a few years, I'm naming it Dragon).

We have 3 snakes:

Blitz (Mine) - pretty snow corn female

Stubby - ghost corn male

Crimson - red albin0 corn female

My brother also just got a baby ferret named Panda! <3 (I named her, he couldn't think of any names...)

She's a brown and white sabel.

My brother also just got a baby ferret named Panda! <3 (I named her, he couldn't think of any names...)

She's a brown and white sabel.

What's Panda like? I've always wanted a ferret, but it just nevered seemed like the right time.