TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

Well, my little gray fox is no longer with me. She was put to sleep last Tuesday. I personally think she was accidentally infected with distemper at the vet's office(if not given the right vaccine, grays will actually full on get distemper), and since the vet excused Fizzgig's emergency care bills and offered to buy me a new fox next year it kind of seems like they're saying sorry without admitting it. Or maybe I'm just cynical and jaded.

I feel just as responsible, as I thought I should forgo a distemper shot as I live in an area that rarely sees diseases like that in the local wild animals. Should have trusted my gut, but I caved to the vet's advice.

This is her photo album. I was hoping it would have many more pictures, but Fizz was only 14 weeks old when she died.

Well, my little gray fox is no longer with me. She was put to sleep last Tuesday. I personally think she was accidentally infected with distemper at the vet's office(if not given the right vaccine, grays will actually full on get distemper), and since the vet excused Fizzgig's emergency care bills and offered to buy me a new fox next year it kind of seems like they're saying sorry without admitting it. Or maybe I'm just cynical and jaded.

I feel just as responsible, as I thought I should forgo a distemper shot as I live in an area that rarely sees diseases like that in the local wild animals. Should have trusted my gut, but I caved to the vet's advice.

This is her photo album. I was hoping it would have many more pictures, but Fizz was only 14 weeks old when she died.

My condolences. *hugs* I'm really sorry that happened. She seemed like an awesome fox. </3

On a happier note:

I was hiking around my campsite earlier this week, and I came across a black rat snake that was about six feet long. I may have pictures soon, so I'll upload them when I get them. c:

I have a Chameleon, hedgehog, chinchilla, fruit bat, leopard gecko, and we used to have a fox which we found almost dead in our garden. Thankfully, we got him back to health and then the guys who put them back where they belong came. happy.gif

;~: You need a cookie.

Foxes' are canines, right? They may be able to clone since I see that you have a bit of her fur.

I just got a leopard gecko to add to our list of exotics. I wish we could add a sun conure, but mother in law has had a kidney transplant and so can get really sick from just being in house with the droppings.

I have a rat. I want more so she can be happier, but my dad says no because he doesn't like animals that don't tell you when they need to go to the bathroom.

I have 2 ball pythons.

Gwyenhive

and

Svetlana

they are pastel morphs

i keep trying to breed them, but i have strangely bad luck when it comes to keeping males. so it's just the 2 girls for now.

Yay, my lobster roaches should be coming soon. And also several hundred frozen mice.

Yay, my lobster roaches should be coming soon. And also several hundred frozen mice.

ohmy.gif ..I am going to have to google but I feel afraid...

I have the ordinary two dogs and a cat now but used to have polecats a long time ago and also 3 rats. Rats are wonderful small pets, easier to handle than tiny mice or hamsters and very friendly. I had Japanese hooded. Colonel, Abe and Penny! wub.gif

Well I own 13 pet chickens, each being of exotic breeds like a silkie, polish,Cochin, Wyandotte,Amerucuana and a few other breeds of wich I don't know yet.(I breed chickens by the way, so I know a lot about them)

I have a Hogg Island X Red Tail Boa named Bo smile.gif she just turned 2 and is almost, if not already, 5 feet. She's such a sweetie <3

I have a ferret. c: Sable Mask. I picked him in a little pet store in Beijing so I've not had him long but he's got all his US papers. I love the ittle fluffball, I named him Pabu after the Fire Ferret in Legend of Korra.

just got 2 more ball pythons bringing me up to 5 total, 2 girls (Gwenhwyfar and Svetlana) both pastel morphs and 3 boys (magnus, Ukiah and lil man) the first two are pastels and lil man is a spider. I'm hoping once the new fellas are big enough to breed some bumblebee balls, although i'v had my pastels who are plenty big enough, for awhile and they've never clutched.

I had an iguana when I was in about 2nd grade or so also had two ferrets whom both passed away.

My iguana's name was Spike she was a female and my two ferrets were Hershey's and Snowball. Miss all three of them sad.gif

I have a turtle named Missy.

Maybe Missy is a male.

biggrin.gif

If Missy is a painted turtle or red-eared slider or other kind of water turtle, look at Missy's front claws. If they are very very very long (as long as the whole foot), Missy is a boy (the claws hook onto the female's shell and help him hold on while mating). If they are short and look like little doggy claws, Missy is a girl.

I have a ferret named Yakkun, who is an incredibly social little bro and is just over 5 years old.

I have 4 adult axolotls and one of them laid eggs 2 weeks ago!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

tongue.gif

user posted image

O_O I didn't know they came in this color! Beautiful. I want to get an axolotl and name it Maxolotl but CaduceusCade has vetoed the name. tongue.gif But an axolotl may be in our future anyway.

I love rats and mice but we can't have any 'cause one of the people in our household is very allergic to rodent urine. Snakes are awesome, too, but same person is afraid of them. wink.gif I've lately been super into bearded dragons but we don't really have space or anything. They're so cute and interactive, though! We also discussed fennec foxes but we're not sure we have the right personality to take care of one. Plus our old lady cat would probably have a heart attack--she has a hard enough time with the other cats.

Soooo the most exotic pets I have are betta fish, Blue (girl) and Mister Stark (boy).