TheDarkCynder

Rats, Ferrets, Snakes, other exotic animals.

Jazi, my ball python looks just like that. xd.png I got her a few months ago, and she's the most docile snake I've ever met. She's still pretty young, though.

well.... not sure if this counta as exotic but my dogs over 98% wolf- anymore and she wouldnt be allowed into the country!(from Finland!) shes lovely though and super intelligent - she plays monopoly with us but you really dont want to try taking mayfair from her! xd.png

well.... not sure if this counta as exotic but my dogs over 98% wolf- anymore and she wouldnt be allowed into the country!(from Finland!) shes lovely though and super intelligent - she plays monopoly with us but you really dont want to try taking mayfair from her! xd.png

...wat.

None of that really makes sense.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't really sound like you have a high content wolf-dog. Especially the 98% thing. With wolf-dogs you can't get a clear percentage like that, but people are frequently scammed into thinking they have a "98% wolfdog" when really they have something very low-content, or not even with wolf-blood at all.

So excited! Finally buying materials for the outdoor enclosure! biggrin.gif I can't wait for May/June.

Aamaranthine: I don't know about 'rare' but not widely known certainly. I've only seen them once in the pet store near me, and they commonly have 'out there' small mammals.

How are they as pets? I very briefly looked into them after seeing them last year, but decided against getting a few. I'm not a small mammal person, but they seemed like interesting little guys.

They are really smart, they usually come if you call their names or if you show them some yummy treat. They can also "tell you" when they want to get out of their cage, get petted or scratched, play. They use wide variety of noises and bubbling, chirping, barking, squeeking - so you can perfectly tell what mood are they in.

As an example - when they are out of their cages, after some time they are really wild, running everywhere and doing fun stuff. But when we catch them and tell them they are going back, they can sit without moving for minutes just to show us how well they can beheave.

(Sorry for my english, hope you can understand.) smile.gif

It's really interesting that they have such a wide range of noises that they make.

Oh yeah, I have a bunnies too. 1. He's fat and lazy and dirty and won't come out of his cage. He's really cute though. He used to like being played with and he kept himslef clean, but now? FAIL. His name's Frito.

Have you taken him to the vet? Something's probably wrong...

Have you taken him to the vet? Something's probably wrong...

I have three fat bunnies myself. And I have to agree with this. Bunnies are Super OCD in regards to many things, especially cleaning. Your bunny could be really super ill.

Also some bunnies are naturally large, but sometimes there diet is not right. PM me if you have any questions about bunnies!

All these trips to Lowes are starting to grate on my nerves. It always seems right when I'm getting going on building, there is a piece of wood I forgot, or one of the pieces wasn't cut right, or some other such stupid thing. sleep.gif

Up side, the breeder said his foxes are exhibiting behaviours for breeding season! My little boy could be concieved in the next few weeks! biggrin.gif

i have four dogs and two cats, i caught someone's bird last fall poor thing was lost and thirsty boy was my mom shocked to see it sitting in one of the cat kennels when she got home later that day xd.png

Edited by Aislein

I Curently have 6 ADF's, thats African Clawed Frogs.

2 Mature Females named Boss Frog and Bobbet

1 Mature Male named Dartanion

! imature Female named Druecilla or Drue for short

and 2 froglets of as yet unknown sex yet to be named.

I also have a dog - not exsotic but my son named her snow cub. She is black. We call her Cubby.

I have:

1 rat

1 yabby (bright blue!)

1 flame red betta

112 stick insects (74 of which are the spinies,I know, I counted)

Lots of spiders (like house spiders, huntsmans, and a particularly weird species which have been breeding non-stop)

1 male rainforest scorpion

4 common garden geckos

4 common garden lizards (one has two tails)

2 axolotls

3 tadpoles which will become marsh frogs

2 beetles,one has lasted for about six months and still going!

1 possum

several birds (Cacey Squawkums the Rainbow Lorikeet, Melody the Budgie,six chickens, a Galah called Hazel and a Canary.)

I will be getting a small snake for my birthday this year

I once kept a bull-ant for several months smile.gif I want another,even if I got stung once in the garden.

I also own probably the fattest mouse on earth and she has outlived all her thinner sisters and she is still going. She eats healthily, runs on her wheel and does other crazy things (like chewing her plastic house to bits). We think it's genetic obesity.

UPDATE:

1 Noisy Minor

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I currently just have a dog and cat. I used to keep bettas, hermit crabs and rabbits. My sister has a pair of red slider turtles and a pair of firebelly toads. They're pretty neat to watch. I always admire the exotic pets, but I don't know if I'm cut out to own them.

I Curently have 6 ADF's, thats African Clawed Frogs.

2 Mature Females named Boss Frog and Bobbet

1 Mature Male named Dartanion

! imature Female named Druecilla or Drue for short

and 2 froglets of as yet unknown sex yet to be named.

I also have a dog - not exsotic but my son named her snow cub. She is black. We call her Cubby.

ADF stands for African dwarf frog, which is an entirely different species. Just saying.

I currently have my 6 gallon tank up and running, and its tank mates include;

1 female Betta

4 albino corydoras

2 true African dwarf frogs.

I made sure i got African dwarf frogs and not Clawed frogs, since i'm well aware of the size and threat an African clawed frog can pose to an African dwarf, let alone a female betta. Stores often sell young ACF[African clawed frogs] by the title african dwarf. This is not true, since ADF's do not grow large, don't come in albino, and have front webbed feet.

I used to have hermit crabs, and betta fish, but not anymore. I would really want to have a pet chinchilla or a hedgehog, because they are so cute!

I've got it easy.

9 rats(5 female 4 male)

2 cats(not exotic but they coexist with rats wink.gif )

Rats are wonderful pets! So friendly and silly.

I once owned:

1 crawfish (lobster-like)

1 koi fish

2 african "bull frogs?" (i believe that was the name)

I also owned 2 dogs but they recently past away. Few months apart.

I just got my two male Bettas, a Delta tail male, and a Halfmoon male. Both are beautiful and just simply the most colorful male bettas I've seen in a while. And both are perfectly healthy, too.

I don't have any exotic pets yet, but once I finish college, I plan on getting a toucan. I love them, they're so adorable. <3

Very intelligent, too.

Somehow(my brother) all my neighbors found out I'm getting a gray fox in a few months. I've been barraged by questions and concerns over the last few days. I can understand my neighbors being concerned, but it's starting to get really annoying.