TwilightMoonDragon

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

When you watch it enough they stop playing as well, the sound messes up and just isn't all that great anymore.

We did it with the one of our Stephen King movies too, Rose Red.

Yeah we love them. I listen to them in the offered languages just for the fun of it a lot.

Saw and loved both. I love just about any anime.

Love Spirited Away!!! I'm so sad because I only had it in VHS and now that I don't have a VHS player I had to get rid of it. On top of it all I'm a poor college student and can't afford to buy the DVD. So I am on Spirited Away withdrawal. sad.gif

It's one I always look for if I go to garage sales or second hand stores.

You all talk about no-face as scary, but I was really scared of the Big Baby and the Three-Puke-Green Heads. The pig transformations were disturbing too and I almost cried when Chihiro promised her parents that she would save them, then has to run away.

But I loved Rin (Lin) and The Boiler Man (He's awesome) and the soot balls tongue.gif .

Definitely going through withdrawal...

I have yet to see Howls Moving Castle. I want to but the Poor College Student Syndrome has blocked me so far.

I've seen most of both and I really want to see them both in their entireties (?is that even a word?) because they are extremely well-done and enjoyable.

Howl's Moving Castle I saw by accident and fell in love with. This thread makes me want to see Spirited Away now.

I love both movies, though it's been so long since I saw Spirited Away. I'll have to make my dad get it on Netflix! smile.gif

Howl's Moving Castle is awesome! biggrin.gif

Omg those movies were amazing xd.png

I think I like Spirited Away better. Just cuz. o.o

and there was this other movie..

something something fireflies?

Night of the Fireflies..

Grave of the Fireflies?

Gotta be one of those o.o;

Edited by LaydeeC

I loved Spirited Away I saw it on Cartoon Network back when it was a decent channel.

Never saw the other movie though

Spirited away was one of the first Anime films I watched, and I really liked it though I didn't understand the plot the first time I watched it. I think it's a cool story and it's got good timing :D

@LaydeeC - Grave of the Fireflies. One of the really rare movies that manages to make me depressed.

Finally saw Spirited Away.

Prefer Howl's Moving Castle but both of course are wonderful.

Know I've seen:

Howl's Moving Castle

My Neighbor Totoro

Prince Monoke

Ponyo(Sucked balls -)

Nausica: The vally of winds

Castle in the sky

Spirited away

Those are the only I can remember now...

Edited by Ryuu2

Haven't actually seen Howl's Moving Castle, but I loved Spirited Away.

Maybe I should look into Howl's Moving Castle sometime. ohmy.gif

@LaydeeC - Grave of the Fireflies. One of the really rare movies that manages to make me depressed.

Best Ghibli movie, period. And one of the best movies I've seen.

Of all the Ghibli movies I've seen...

Ponyo

Howl's Moving Castle

Spritied away

Princes Mononoke

Proco Roso

On Your Mark

My neighbor Totoro

Pom Poko (movie with tanukis)

Castle in the Sky

Nausica

Whisper of the Heart

Kiki's Delivery service

Only Yesterday

Grave of the Fireflies

Ocean Waves (I vaguely remember this one)

I bought a 12 movie set at a con for 30$ so I kinda got to see ones that were never released in a subbed version ._.

I still have not seen The Cat Returns or tales of Earthsea

I like the older Ghibli movies best...I was not impressed by Ponyo

I love both off those movies my sister tyto alba does to. Infact I wen't to the Omg! con and I cossplayed as chihiro. alot.png of people want'ed my picture and a hug. Everybody kept on saying how cute I was too. I just love it when I get complements cause If I get a really good complement I can brag (I wonder if thats why al the girls in my school hate me?). And while I'm talking about my cossplay I also One one of the titles in the cossplay competition. (Yay!)

Definetely Spirited Away is the best but as others mentioned it, my favourite Ghibli's one is Grave of the Fireflies

@_@ Spirited Away makes me melt... I loooove it so much. I need to buy it soon. The story is so amazing and the characters are so real. I really loved how the little girl (I can't recall her name) changed from the beginning to end. The transition was great.

Howl's Moving Castle was good, but I still love Spirited Away MUCH more... Howl's Moving Castle kinda was just -- I dunno, just not as good to me. lol I still like it but just not as much. It just lacked something for me, I suppose.

Howl's Moving Castle is one of the few movies I like better than the book, but I feel like Miyazaki gets too much credit for it.

I've seen both movies at least a dozen times xd.png I still can't decide which one's better tho.

The book by Diana Wynne Jones is also very very good. If you liked the movie you'll love the book. It's not my all time favorite but it's the one I've read the most (it's almost falling apart!). I read it three times in a row when I first got it laugh.gif

I've seen those two. I loved both <3 I love Calcipher, though... He was just awesome xd.png Especially that part where he turns really red at being complimented. xd.png

Wait, was Pom Poko really made by Hayao Miyazaki? No, right? It was by another person and Studio Ghibli made it happen, I think...

I used to love Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away!

I have them both on dvd and I watch them from time to time.

And I adored Kiki's Delivery Service. I used to watch it over and over

when I was a kid!

The book Howls Moving Castle was really good, too. (: