TwilightMoonDragon

Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

I loved both of the movies but I liked Spirited Away better.

WHY did she leave? WHY? She left behind a perfect world and a perfect love ;_;

No Face was awesome. I wanted to give him hugs ^^

I've seen previews for Howls and I really wanna read the book before I see the movie. I've never seen the other one though, but I think I've heard of it.

I sort of wish there was a Spirited Away 2, in a way. I know most sequels are bad but I want to know what happens next. =/

i agree i wish there was a sequel too and i wanted to give No face hugs 2

Re-watching it today and O_O WHY ARE THE NAMES SEN AND RIN IN THERE?

I like to use those names in RPing! I didn't even know where they came from...

Odd thing, the memory. Remember the names, but not the source.

I liked Howl's Moving Castle, but it, like all movies of books, wasn't very true to the novel.

And I've seen Spirited Away, though it was a long time ago and I don't remember much.

my favorite quote from the book hmc is "...of coase we have to make the king think i take care of my mother, we should go by... pendragon!' howl 'we could be hatters?' shophie 'com'on shopie we can't all be mad hatters!''

I've seen bits and pieces of Spirited Away but never watched it straight through from beginning to end. :/

And Howl's Moving Castle I bought the anime-manga books. And then I read the ACTUAL book. That one was so much better and the characters were so much more believable. *highly recommend if you love this movie*

I've also seen Princess Mononoke(sp?), which was amazing.

Honestly, I've never seen howl's moving castle in entirety (Saw some at the Anime Con two years ago, but left before the movie ended. Not because I didn't like it but because my ride was leaving and I had to go)

As for Spirited Away... I attended a panel on Japanese ghost stories last Anime con, and they talked a lot about Spirited Away. They mostly talked about how EVERY spirit in that movie has a real life counterpart in mythology. They talked about spirits like No Face and the river dragon spirit guy (Can't remember names worth spit) and such.

I haven't watched howl's moving castle yet. But I plan to. And just to let you know, it's Kohaku, not Haku.

And just to let you know, it's Kohaku, not Haku.

We only discover it's 'Kohaku' at the end of the film when Chihiro remembers 'Haku's' true name. Everyone calls him Haku because that is how we, the audience, and most of the other characters, know him for at least 99% of the film smile.gif

I've seen bits and pieces of Spirited Away but never watched it straight through from beginning to end. :/

And Howl's Moving Castle I bought the anime-manga books. And then I read the ACTUAL book. That one was so much better and the characters were so much more believable. *highly recommend if you love this movie*

I've also seen Princess Mononoke(sp?), which was amazing.

I saw the movie and then read the novel right after I saw it.

Re-watching it today and O_O WHY ARE THE NAMES SEN AND RIN IN THERE?

I like to use those names in RPing!  I didn't even know where they came from...

Odd thing, the memory.  Remember the names, but not the source.

that because the evil lady ,ren/ushiciru make a deal with, likes SMALL names! didn't you get that ALL the name are less then 8 letters?

I know I loved Spirited Away. There's not many movies I can watch again and again and still enjoy, but it's one of them.

Howl's Moving Castle, I liked, it wasn't the best, but I liked it. But then, I read the book and I was very disappointed to find out how much had been changed.

The book was a lot more enjoyable (and easier to understand the plot)

I am not the type to dis a movie because it's changed from it's book. I loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was a beautiful movie. And also Christian Bale as howl. omgsquee. Spirited Away wasn't my favorite but it's ok. I prefer Howl's Castle. I HAVE read the book and I like them both equally. <3

LOVED Spirited Away. Even my parents enjoyed it, and they aren't anime watchers. Spirited Away had a great story, and who wouldn't love Haku's dragon form? :3

I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle yet, although I've heard good things about it. I didn't know it was based off a novel. :0

that because the evil lady ,ren/ushiciru make a deal with, likes SMALL names! didn't you get that ALL the name are less then 8 letters?

There aren't too many names in the world that are longer than 8 letters...

I love most studio Ghibli

films with the exception of this one...

as howl's moving castle was written by my absolute favorite author

and they complty !@#%#$ it up

First they compltely chop out the first couple chapters out

Then they go and make howl likeable in the book he is a total jurk

He doesnt turn in to a giant bird monster

nor does the castle have legs its suppost to hover!

Calcifer is suppost to be blue/green

"Markl" is a babelfish type error his name is Michael and he is suppost to be a teenager!

There's no war!

there is more but i don't want to spoil the real plot anyway

READ THE BOOK!

I just hope they don't decide to also butcher the two sequels

Castle in the Air & House of Many Ways

/rant

my favorite Ghibli movie is a tie between My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke

Edited by chickenhound

I love most studio Ghibli

films with the exception of this one...

as howl's moving castle was written by my absolute favorite author

and they complty !@#%#$ it up

First they compltely chop out the first couple chapters out

Then they go and make howl likeable in the book he is a total jurk

He doesnt turn in to a giant bird monster

nor does the castle have legs its suppost to hover!

Calcifer is suppost to be blue/green

"Markl" is a babelfish type error his name is Michael and he is suppost to be a teenager!

There's no war!

there is more but i don't want to spoil the real plot anyway

READ THE BOOK!

I just hope they don't decide to also butcher the two sequels

Castle in the Air & House of Many Ways

/rant

my favorite Ghibli movie is a tie between My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke

Just enjoy the book separately from the movie. Look at them as different, because who wants to see a movie and already knows what'll happen. And we should all know or be learning that movies based on books, tv shows, and video games will disappoint us greatly. XD So, instead of trying to compare the book and want it exactly like the movie, cherish the movie and how it's good in its own way.

Spirited Away is my most favroite movie! I love it! It had a great story, characters, and plot. Man, it is sooo awesome...

Hm, I never seen Howl's Moving Castle... But if it's made by the same people, it's probably great. ^^

Just enjoy the book separately from the movie. Look at them as different, because who wants to see a movie and already knows what'll happen. And we should all know or be learning that movies based on books, tv shows, and video games will disappoint us greatly. xd.png So, instead of trying to compare the book and want it exactly like the movie, cherish the movie and how it's good in its own way.

This so much.

OK, so I saw the movie before reading the book. Read the book. Book is nice. Movie is still awesome, even if it's a different story than in the book.

I love Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.

I love anime for the most part, but my mum hates it until I got her to watch Spirited Away with me at some point. So she only likes his stuff.

But together we have worn out two Spirited Away DVD's and like four HMC. That one is my moms fav.