Qwackie

The Ranger's Apprentice.

My faves are 1, 2, 3, especially 4, and I loved 7. NEED EIGHTH NOW!!!!!!!!! I am officially counting down until August 31. WHY AUGUST!!!!!! WHY THE END OF AUGUST!?!?!?!?! Okay, I'm done screeching now. *twitch*

There are EIGHT! YAY! More to read!

I LOVED it. It just.... I was twitching and getting surprised over and over and over again? I mean really? My imaginary daddy is (SPOILERS!!!) WHAT?!?!?! And have you noticed the theme to the ends? i mean the last sentence?

The first 4 books were great, but after that they didn't interest me as much. I miss Halt mostly he was one of the more enjoyable characters I think.

What do you mean you miss Halt? Except for books 5 and 6 he's constantly beside Will...

Anyways, I have to say my least favorites out of hte series-- books 2, 3, and 5. the rest were TERRIFIC!

(they're my least favorites cuz i dont like what happens in the plot...the writing is still bloody brilliant)

2 and 3 were good but for two reasons,

-1 CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!!!!

-2 Evanlyn. I was seriously irritated by the little Sue. She redeemed herself a little in the seventh, though.

Ranger Rule #1, No matter how hard you try, it is IMPOSSIBLE to walk silently on dry, dead leaves.

RR #2, We aren't allowed to make machine gun noises when the Rangers are doing their rapid-fire-arrow thingy. (I'm doomed if I'm not allowed to do this)

RR#3, "What" is a very dangerous word and it is not to be used under ANY circumstances around Halt. Period.

RR#4, I am SO NOT ALLOWED to hide the coffee.

(I'm going to a RA themed day camp this week. Time to test these out, suggestions are welcome)

Haven't read any of them yet...nabbed the first book.

From the looks of it they're good, very good.

Yes, Dragonhatchling. You're in for several weeks of utter not-being-able-to-bear-the-wait if you don't have the second book yet xd.png

RR#4: Don't give stale fish to knights (from bk 8)

So true Dark. so true.

RR#5 The third ranger on a mission is coffee. (learned that at camp!)

My Latin teacher is a big fan of it, and told me to read it. I guess I'll read the earlier books and stop before it gets bland... xd.png

haha i love coming up with Ranger Rules...

I'd recommend the series to any ages as long as they're a fan of Young Adult Fantasy smile.gif

RR#7: Never, EVER put a Skandian on a horse if you want both to live to see another day.

just read book 8 and loved it.

I can't believe Halt is THIS SPOILER HAS BEEN TERMINATED

Here I"ll put some stuff in white...

Halt's the king's brother?

Hilight to read, but there's spoilers from bk 8 smile.gif

I LOVE this series!!!! *Irish Jig* it's one of my fav book!! and...oh, censorkip.gif! I saw the spoiler cause I was highlighting things for fun..gah!!! this cannot be happening!!!!!!! HALT!!!!!... alot.pngwacko.gif

LOOOL pig thing xd.png

no really...its not what you think its not that bad its not that bad....nothign happens hes stil a ranger at the end HES STILL A RANGER AT THE END. and its not king duncan ur thinkin bout

Hilight to read, but there's spoilers from bk 8 smile.gif

I like the spoiler has been terminated better then the white spoiler!

Halt isssss wha!?! really!? ohmy.gif

by the way I can read the white without highlighting it. xd.png

Anyway I started to read Pendragon, got to the 4th book then started reading Ranger's Apprentice. Ranger's Apprentice was so good, so I halted(pun intended xd.png) reading Pendragon and finished reading up to book 6 Ranger's Apprentice. Then continued Pendragon, finished that series(I missed Quillan Games). I just started reading book 7(of ranger's apprentice) yesterday.

Also its spelled Highlight tongue.gif

I know how its spelled, I was a little lazy.

LOL. Halt's Peril comes out october fifth! *squee* im so excited, I'm getting it since I got a 100 on my math test and my mom was in a rewarding mood.

Which is quite rare, btw.

Anyhoo, I can't wait. I' not too eager to read something that's on Tennyson AGAIN, but Ihope it will be more interesting.

Lol, my friend asked "Hm, I wonder if Halt gets into trouble."

Well. Gee. I wonder.

No really, I do wonder.

xd.png same here, I have a automatic spell check on my computer tongue.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

Just finished reading Halt's Peril. AWESOME book. I loved it. Good ending. I look forward to the next. (The Emperor of Nihon-Ja)

---SPOILER ALERT---

Its so cute how Shadow has *bleep*(spoiler has been bleeped).

I can't wait to find out what happens to Ebony.

For a second I thought Halt really would die.

I hated how it took forever for Will to think to get Malcolm. I thought of Malcolm as soon as Halt got *bleep*(spoiler has been bleeped).

I am making a list of all the rules named here.

So far...

~By StormWhite

Ranger Rule #1, No matter how hard you try, it is IMPOSSIBLE to walk silently on dry, dead leaves.

RR #2, We aren't allowed to make machine gun noises when the Rangers are doing their rapid-fire-arrow thingy. (I'm doomed if I'm not allowed to do this)

RR#3, "What" is a very dangerous word and it is not to be used under ANY circumstances around Halt. Period.

RR#4, I am SO NOT ALLOWED to hide the coffee.

RR#5 The third ranger on a mission is coffee.

~DarkAngel787

RR#4: Don't give stale fish to knights

RR#6 Never drink coffee without any honey in it in front of Halt.

RR#7: Never, EVER put a Skandian on a horse if you want both to live to see another day.

~By Evangeline5432

RR#8:Don't tease Halt about his weak stomach if you value your dignity.

RR#9:If you ask a ranger if you can do something and they reply "If you thinks it a good idea". Don't do it!

RR#10:Any true ranger won't have a plan until spur of the moment.

RR#11:If someone says they have been thinking, reply by saying "Alway a dangerous past time"

I've read the first few and I personally find them a little slow to start, but the plot is engaging once you give it a chance to build up. I find that the characters are real in that they have all these different emotions and they're not just flat.

Halt is definitely my favorite though! smile.gif