Qwackie

The Ranger's Apprentice.

I have ALL of them plus the "Lost Stories"  which is just him answering readers questions.  Its great!  He's also making another series on a group of kids from skandia.  The brotherband series! xd.png

Lost stories? *goes to put a hold on them*

I heard about the brotherband series. I can't wait. tongue.gif I am running out of good books to read. xd.png

Edited by evangeline5432

I love these books! My favorite character is Halt smile.gif I think my favorite book is the Lost Stories, especially when Will is writing his wedding speech (It is with great fulsomeness of heart...). Now a little picture I have to put on here biggrin.gif

user posted image

xd.png

It is with great fulsomeness of heart..

*giggles uncontrollably*

Yay! Someone who knows my favourite book!!! I like the first one the best.

If you were going to train as a Ranger, who would you prefer as your teacher, Halt, Gilan or Will? This often surprises people, (even me sometimes) but despite his gruffness I'd pick Halt.

I can't wait for the next brotherband book. Apparently, the author promised them meeting Gilan!

One of my favourite quotes:

Halt, I've been thinking... (you should know the reply)

Edited by MessengerDragon

I just started re-reading them for the umpteenth time, my top 3 in order would probably be 6/4/8... though all of them are good.

I just discovered the series thanks to someone who had read part of it for the 250 Book Challenge. I have now read the first 2 books in the Ranger series and am waiting for the third one to be returned to our library.

They are so much fun to read. I am not sure you need to be 12 to read them though as someone suggested. So far there hasn't been any detailed sex, violence or anything else. The moves are detailed in the fights but not the blood and gore.

Does Jenny show back up or George?

I know for sure George shows up in 'The Emperor of Nihon-Ja' and I think they occasionally show up in the other books as well, but I'm not sure where.

Jenny returns quite frequently, not as a main character though, and yeah George shows up again for Emperor of Nihon-Ja, though thats it.

I love this series, have yet to read the 12th book, but have read the others. I also started reading the Brotherband series. I read them out loud to my sister when we drive long distances, it helps pass the time. The one thing that kind of bothers me is that some of the animals are way too intelligent. I know it is fantasy, but almost everything else follows our rules, having the animals be super intelligent, particularity the rangers horses which are over-powered, feels out of place.