superguy16

Left 4 dead 2

Love the Left for Dead series, but I need to go get the Sacrifice at some point. The Passing was pretty cool, love the banter between Ellis and Francis xd.png I love the second game because you can smash zombies over the head with a GUITAR. Ahh, that satisfying "TWANNNG" sound smile.gif

Buying items? I get this is a modded server, but how does that even -work-?

It is only on the modded servers(you can usually find this action in a server that allows 20 people), what happens is every time you kill a special infected or get points as being a special infected you gain spending points. In order to access the buy menu you have to type in !Buy and this allows you to buy anything from weapons to full revive if your a survivor. If your infected you can spawn tanks,boomers,hords,witches etc.

Hum. This new mutation's nice. Brother and I played a local server co-op on Dark Carnival to get Guardin' Gnome, since that meant we didn't have to share the gnome past grabbing Chompski from the shoot-em-up game.

Played it some today. Never realized how much witches suck until I replayed the Sugar Mill.

Ever since I saw a tank I've wanted to upchuck them with my hammer. I'm always the guy who goes in for a suicide dive and whacks them with melee weapons. Damn I hate using guns. I like 2 better than the original just because I'm not forced to use a pistol all the time lol.

Fav Character: Ellis! Some people dont like him cause of his stories, but I always want to hear them!!!

Fav Infected: Hunter...dude, they wear hoodies and duct tape, what's not to love?

Fav Campaign: urm...not sure. I think Swamp Fever or Hard Rain...but I can't decide!

The Passing: I have no clue dude...

Edited by DragoneAddict

guess what guys my parents are awesome for my birthday today one of my gifts was the official hunter doll <3

Left 4 Dead 2 zombies are just awesome, especially the Hunter and the Jockey biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I don't have Left 4 Dead 2... only (pirated version I think) Left 4 Dead... doubt I can even get one nearby >.<

The charger is just pure terror. I hear its roar and freak out.

Love the mututation this week, hunting party makes everything a lot more interesting and spazz worthy xd.png

also, I'm on xbox live now my gamer tag is CreepierCrane40

or spottedleaf on PC

The spitter...

Not only can it melt your skin with acid... but it looks like a lady you'd see at Wal-Mart at 6:00 in the morning.

Favorite Special infected: I personally like Smoker or witch, but if you're going for the new ones from L4D2, then i have to pick Spitter.

Favorite Survivor: Zoey(from the first game) or Nick(from the second game).

Favorite Campaign: HARD RAIN!!!!! I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!

Hey, random question, are there any good downloadable campaigns that I should try?

I bought this game a few days ago, and today my friend and I sat down to play co-op.

We hit the Sugar Mill, and i ended up unlocking the Sob Story achievement my first go around. :'D When she told me what to do to get it, I was like, "Yeah...not happening."

What is the online play like? Haven't tried that out yet.

The hardest part about that achievement is that the bots are incredibly stupid and wander straight into witches all the time. To get that achievement I ended up doing it completely solo -- no bots, no other people, just me -- because I wasn't the problem, they were.

Was a dedicated fan for the original L4D and got L4D2 as soon as it was released, and was even in the beta =D Haven't played in about a year or so though, just got burnt out from playing it for so long. Online play with friends is absolutely the best experience, 'specially in Verses. Especially especially when everyone's in voice chat.

Think I stopped playing when they decided to "kill" off Bill canonically. That was a bad move on Valve's part, imo. You can't just kill off awesome characters in order to wrap things up-- that kind of cliche is reserved for soap operas and romance novels.

Favorite map is probably Dead Air, or The Parish if I'm playing infected. Speaking of, early Spitter concept art is twice as awesome as the in-game model =) I'd love to meet the creative team behind those designs...

I don't think killing him had to do with wrapping it up. That might have been the case if they'd killed everyone. Leaving him alive would have left them no more "wrapped up" than they are now.

By wrapped up I mean that, with Bill dead, there's no real room for a continuance of the story with the original four. From what I remember with the comic, the other three made it to a supposedly zombie-free island which is-- in a way-- a "bittersweet happy ending" kind of thing. If all four had made it, fans would've continued speculating that there might be more plot in the works. I think the Valve team wanted to create a sort of 'ending' so they could move on with L4D2's team and possibly others. Game-play wise they've admitted they still plan on updates and support for the original, but story-wise it's been pretty much wrapped up.

Edited by Nine

They make it to an island. We see nothing on the island, just that it is, in fact, and island. May I point you to the ending of Dawn of the Dead (remake)? Plenty of room for shenanigans on the island, and plenty of room for them to run into a new survivor if Valve wanted it to happen.

Most likely, we won't see another L4D, though. Valve famously cannot count to three, and of all the games Valve could be or ought to be making right now, L4D3 is fairly low on the list. Not to mention that L4D2 is already rather slow at receiving updates, and since Valve employees work on whatever they feel like working on, this says to me that not a lot of people at Valve are thinking in terms of future L4D.

Guess that's where I disagree. It's my belief that by killing Bill, the dynamic of the group was broken up from what it was before. I don't think they'd go so far as to add another survivor out of the blue in order to continue the plot, not only because I doubt fans would react well, but Valve would probably prefer making a whole new group of 4 instead of reusing 3 characters again. From what I got out of the L4D plot, that story arc and those characters have met their 'end' even if it isn't an actual conclusion. Reaching the purposed zombie-free island was the holy grail of their efforts, so even if it isn't a safe paradise, continuing it afterwards would be dragging things on. It was Valve's way of saying, "we're moving on."

In the same way, Dawn of the Dead had a similar ending. Only instead of a "somewhat happy conclusion" it was a "no happy ending here, everyone probably died the end". It was still a conclusion for the audience even if there was room for more story.

Favorite Special infected: Hunter. I swear when he attacks you, he's really ****ing you.

Favorite Survivor: Ellis, 'cause he's hot. From the first game, though, I'm going with Zoey.

Favorite Campaign: Dark Carnival

Favorite Special infected: I've got to say the hunter. They are fast, but easy to identify by their vocals.

Favorite: Survivor: Nick, He's so hilariously sarcastic.

Favorite: Campaign: Dark Carnival, the coaster.

I LOVE this game!! I play it with my stepbros all of the time.

Even though I hope for another L4D, I know it probably won't happen.

favourite infected; smoker. one time, the nick of my group got snagged by a smoker on the roof of one of the houses in the last leg of... dark carnival, i think it was? the rest of us had already jumped down and the smoker was juuuust out of sight enough that we couldnt kill it. poor nick was left dangling there to die. we all laughed at him through mournful music.

favourite survivor; ellis- he's such a cute. especially when he starts rambling at the beginning of runs about his buddy keith or jimmy gibbs jr

favourite campaign; haha swamp fever fight me

poster above: hey hey dont lose hope, ive heard rumours about valve learning how to count to three with l4d

also heard rumours that the rumour sites were malware

but hey, optimism right?

Edited by Arveldir

I still play this game, there are so many mods and very good campaigns to download and make the game more interesting again, many people still play it laugh.gif

For example I have a mod that makes smokers a mummy and tank a werewolf tongue.gif

Very good custom Campaigns are White Forest and Dark Wood, Resident Evil Side A and B and many more ☺ 1 map in those campaign is so big as 2-3 maps in official campaigns ninja.gif

Favorite Special infected: Hunter

Favorite Survivor: Nick

Favorite Campaign: The Sacrifice

I love this game so much. My ex bought it for me and I was like in love with it. It's so fun to play with friends and all and my favourite character is Nick and my favourite campaign is The Parish. I also really like Zoey

Edited by ChocolateIzzy