bagelguy

spore

I play spore occasionally. My username is LuDrike, cause I'm too lazy to post a link. Some of my creations are interesting IMO, but right now I think I'm gonna make a sporecast of goofy animals. So far I've got a loon and a vulture.

I found this game fun, but when you compare it to the original game play from 2006(or was it 2005, I can't remeber), you realize the current Spore is a piece of censorkip.gif compared to it. Every version EAxis made it got worse and worse. If you look at the Leipzig (2007 trailer) you'll see it is almost the same as current spore, but still better....scary.

But game play wise I like to do what every one says is impossiable, which is ally The Grox, yes you can ally The Grox, done it twice before.

I can take over planets easily, but because I have a shatty computer I can't use lasers on buildings or stay to see a bomb explode, but I can still take over planets despite that.

When I make my creatures in the main game I generally go with the same format almost always, because it works: Omnivore - bird mouths, the paw foot series, the grabber or what ever series, and wings.

I played it non-stop until I was killed by the Grox for about the 50th time for trying to reach the center of the universe. Now I'm stuck and still can't get past their millions of ships sleep.gif;

But overall I do love this game dearly.

two words

cheat codes

alt+shift+c pulls up the cheat code box there are a bunch but the ones i have commited to memory are

adddna (gives more dna)

refillmotives (fills all stat bars completly) i just spammed this one to fly though them lolz

moremoney (adds money)

I prefer legit game play, it allows you to have bragging rights and shows you can do a challenge. For example (Note, what I am about to say was over multiple computers so I some stuff I can't do now) I've killed a epic (this is the only creature thing I mention), got rich in space , found earth, allied The Grox TWICE, gone to the center of the galaxy, and made any race I don't like bow before me, ALL legitly.

How do you ally the Grox?? I'm trying to find them now..... and have you ever seen a creature called My Eaglehearts in the game??

Right now Im playing my first no-cheat game of Spore. I was gonna do that in my last playthrough, but I saved the second before our tribe gets killed and had to use "refillmotives" to advance. Spore is probably my favorite game EVAR.

I actually have yet to use a cheat code in Spore.... I didn't even know that there are any.

I love Spore <3 Though I have this annoying habit of going to the Creature Creator with something specific in mind, and coming out with something completely different. Then when I'm done I'm like, d'oh.

This here I opened up Spore with the aim of creating a deer. Not very deer-like, is it? tongue.gif

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/216/sky0ad16fe3sml.jpg

Edited by Rendivaunci

ZOMG......!!!!

Hoping to get GA and C&C for X-Mas. I downloaded a mod for bot parts but have a question. If you have a mod in SPORE does it block achievements??

user posted image

OH THE HUMANITY!

Yeah... I had a little fun with Earth. But yeah I am such an addict to spore, I have it minimized right now... I actually created my own signature for the sporums, and I created my own stories...

EDIT: oh yeah and I also wrote an article on spore wiki

Right now my main creatures: Raptura (these guys)

user posted image

Are at war with The Grox...They have the core under their control but that's it.

Edited by linz1995

I love Spore so much. I made it to the center of the galaxy and I found the Sol system with my race of space penguins.

I just recently got GA, and I must admit, it adds a LOT to the game. It makes it a lot of fun, especially after you've reached the level of Omnipotent and you've grown tired of completing the generic missions and such. laugh.gif

I love spore, and it's got some amazing technology, but it really would have been much better if EA hadn't dumbed to down to be more kid-friendly.

Thats the Spore demo from 2005.

I don't know, I'm kinda glad they added a bit more aestetic elements to it, but you're right, they did dumb it down too much

I wish they had kept the water stage sad.gif an underwater sentient species would have been beast!

As much as I love the game itself, it's so bugged and the Tech support on forums and the phone are just plain crappy, so I can't even enjoy online content, patches, C+C, or Galactic Adventures.

As much as I love the game itself, it's so bugged and the Tech support on forums and the phone are just plain crappy, so I can't even enjoy online content, patches, C+C, or Galactic Adventures.

I have to agree. The Spore game I bought I was unable to link to my EA account, since it was "already in use." The tech support just doesn't give a flying flip, but then, EA has a history of that...

All my patches I have to download through a mirror site, so I've got that, but I do wish I could upload some of my stuff.

Anyways, just popping in to make a report. This is the race I'm currently playing:

user posted image

I'm allied with the Grox on this save, and if I've counted my tally marks correctly, then I've officially colonized 1000 planets. Wooo.

When I first got it, my computer wasn't fast enough for it and now that it definitely is... I actually got really tired of the game >.< Maybe it's because I play without patches...

Edited by DeathCry

Bleh, interesting game for an office adventure, but not the kind of game I'd say impressive. It's actually too simple, and too kid friendly.

If it was done differently, not so much in the mini game sort of thing, I might have enjoyed it more.

Also, I kind of think it's a bit too simple, and the space stage, while my favorite, gets tiresome after a while. I mean, I have anihilated most of the grox, but I kind of had to choose between letting my huge empire fall, and completing this war, or going back and forth to my planets to save them from excruciatingly stupid mini missions.

Too many pirates, too many eco disasters, too many misterious battleships attacking my home planets. It does get boring after a while.

I don't know... doesn't convince me as a good game. Also, there is a similar one, which is far more complex and interesting, as it does include real politics, and technology evolution, and such. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called.

Another issue I have with spores is how the evolution thing is just too much like "dress up your doll".

All you have to do is get all the max weapons and such, and you get a brutal creature. Evolution does not work that way.

And last, the flying thing. I mean... what's the problem with making animals really FLY?

Bleh, interesting game for an office adventure, but not the kind of game I'd say impressive. It's actually too simple, and too kid friendly.

If it was done differently, not so much in the mini game sort of thing, I might have enjoyed it more.

Also, I kind of think it's a bit too simple, and the space stage, while my favorite, gets tiresome after a while. I mean, I have anihilated most of the grox, but I kind of had to choose between letting my huge empire fall, and completing this war, or going back and forth to my planets to save them from excruciatingly stupid mini missions.

Too many pirates, too many eco disasters, too many misterious battleships attacking my home planets. It does get boring after a while.

I don't know... doesn't convince me as a good game. Also, there is a similar one, which is far more complex and interesting, as it does include real politics, and technology evolution, and such. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called.

Another issue I have with spores is how the evolution thing is just too much like "dress up your doll".

All you have to do is get all the max weapons and such, and you get a brutal creature. Evolution does not work that way.

And last, the flying thing. I mean... what's the problem with making animals really FLY?

Amen, and for that matter what about creatures who can swim?

No feathers, no fur, wtf?

While I love the space stage the thing that really pisses me off is how the politics of it are so bland, and there is only one freaking ship.... Seriously? They can have a fleet and I can't? Why? (Oh idk but here's something to make the planet blue herp de derp) Imagine spore with a fullout space battle, with a hundred ships on each side cool.gif Ground soldiers, Boarding parties, it could have been so much deeper

Like I said, I really like Spore, but I agree with what you guys have said about it being dumbed down. It really irks a lot of the people in the sciences because it's really not an accurate representation of evolution at all... Still, I'm not sure how they could incorporate actual evolution into a game like that.

I get a lot of lag when I play Spore, but I can manage. It's not as bad as the lag I have for the sims 3 or even worse... Bioshock. Compared to that, the lag for Spore is just not that bad.