QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

794 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A very customized Legacy sort.. each section divided by frozen paper hatchling headers. The first few sections are in order by date matured only.

eggs/hatchlings first

my leetle tree

unsorted adults that I haven't added on my website breeding lists

specials - zombies, Guardian of Nature

Dusk lineage

Dorkface lineage

Thuwed lineage

CB Holidays

Mayfair lineage

Opalescent lineage

Bittersweet project

Enchanted project

Rares - golds, silvers, trios

the main collection - commons sorted alphabetically by breed name, females first, then males within each breed

restricted breeders - pygmies, bred pumpkins, drakes & splits

unbreedables - vampires, cheeses and papers (I don't collect dinos or chickens)

frozen hatchlings - AP finds that are descendants of my dragons

dead eggs (if any)

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

Hmm- complicated at best

eggs

hatchies

completed breeding project

breeding projects in progress

Holly stripes( stripes with Holly parent)

Opalescent lineage

other stripe lineages

Black metal lineage

Commons with Holly parent

( insert Holly here - in my dreams)

Christmas dragons

Valentines

red dorsal x alt sweetling

Halloween

(trying to keep my zombies here)

stripes

almost everything else in approximate order of release,CB on top

silver

gold

paper

Inbred( when I can change names I will move them back to species level)

this is all subject to change once I see how the page thing works biggrin.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

Since the sorting pages came out, I use the alternate sort. Putting my cb dragons in the first pages, and my clean generations next (on more than 3 gen), my incubators and the ones who will be my transporters, any other clean generations, and my inbreds last.

Before the sorting pages came in, I left them as they came onto my scroll, by date.

Alternate Custom Sort

I actually sort them by color, but my order is different then the sites, and custom sort is a better way to keep my zombies in place (though they still wanders... ><)

I only use the Alternative Custom Sort.

I sort my dragons into mated pairs with a frozen hatchling from the pair underneath. They are more or less sorted by date - and all Inbred pairs are at the end of my scroll. The inbreds don't breed, so they adopt an inbred hatchling. I also describe them all, and will sometimes sort a particular group separately - like my purebred Canopies or my Green Militia.

I use alternate custom sort to put my dragons in order from when I got them, by breed, in a pseudo-rainbow style.

I actually sort by growth, because I like having my adults in date order and having my frozens in date order at the bottom puts the song lyrics in the right order.I used to custom sort (for like maybe a week) but I got sick of having to manually update every time a new adult grew up.

Alternate custom sort. I've got personal projects, favorites and lineage stuff at the top, then rares and event dragons, then BSA dragons (and some that will soon have BSA's, lol), then the rest in more or less random order sorted by breed. Also a couple other general categories - I've got splits and pygmies together since each can only breed within the breed, and similarly put drakes together. Oh, and at the very bottom, dinos, and last but not least dragons I was planning on zombifying at halloween.

All completely logical order.. sort of. xd.png

I use alt custom sort, I tend to change how my scroll is sorted. It used to be in order I got my dragons, with some lineages showing. Then I sorted them alphabetically. Now I have them sorted with eggs and hatchlings on top (dead eggs always go to the very bottom to hide them cause I feel bad), then it's my personal lineage, then my vampires, then my main collection and unbreedables and hatchlings at the bottom. Though I'm going to be adding a new BSA section for easier access to them :3

I really like the alternate custom sort the best out of them all, and I use color as a starting point. Edited by QueenSmudge

Mine is by color with the inbreds at the bottom, In color order of Inbred

Eggs/hatchlings on top smile.gif

Edited by funny12321

I sort my scroll by breed and place first males, then females, then frozen s2 male hatches, then frozen s2 female hatches, then frozen s1 hatches. eggs and unfrozens are kept on top. dead eggs are in the end of the scroll xd.png and my Leetle Tree, of course, is on very top!

I use color sort to get them in order, then I make sure my dragon rainbow look right (with my first dragon, a Horse Dragon on top above the eggs). Then some switching around here and there. So....

Color sort, then a custom sort!

Alt custom, so that I can slide the little tiles and put every one EXACTLY where I want them really easily ! Legacy is too much like hard work.

Custom sort smile.gif . My current hatchies and eggs on top. Then rares and holidays. Then my other draggies in order of what breeds I like most.. and maybe the order is a little themed too (ex. water themed draggies together). They're arranged in groups of the same breed which are usually male1 female1 male2 female2 (1 and 1 are mates 2 and 2 are mates etc).

I use custom sort - precisely, I sort my dragons with that sort by 'my own rainbow' xd.png.

EDIT:

Also, like VSWolf does, and most of us, I place my eggs, frozen eggs (leetle tree tongue.gif ) and hatchlings on top. smile.gif

Edited by Reginea9

I've gone to the legacy sort, just because I was so sick of different gender sprites being mixed up with in a breed.

Now they're all organized by breed and gender.

Unfortunately I have to re-organize every time a new breed is introduced...

I use custom sort. I sort the breeds by date, the oldest I got on top. Dinos and chicken I put on the bottom.

I am using a reverse date sort, when I'm using BSA change to breed sort. I shall decide how I'll sort them when I get more frozens.

I have my own little sorting page. It's basically breed sort except any user-bred golds get sorted to the bottom.