QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use legacy mostly, but then go to custom to drag them into right position

I breed sort.

I'd like to custom sort, since quite a few of my dragons really should be in different places and I'd like to get more purple dorsals, but I really don't have the patience to manually sort every single one of my dragons when they grow up or are frozen. I have dragons growing up periodically throughout the day, every day, and having to manually sort every one of them drove me insane the last time I tried it.

Really wish there was a custom sort you could use to drop a dragon in one place and not have to worry about sorting everyone else afterwards.

Custom sort. I love the alternate custom sort now that my scroll's gotten over a hundred dragons on it.

I have a rather complicated way of sorting my scroll, based more or less on my favorite breeds, BSA dragons that I use a lot, and then alphabetically.

This is the order I use so far:

Eggs and hatchies

personal lineage project pairs

rares- legendary trio, paper, and cheese

BSA dragons - red, pink, purple

magi - merged with another lineage project

alphabetized pygmies

alphabetized common dragons

messy lineage and retired dragons

Like so:

-Any special "song" or "poem" dragons at the top.

-Hatchlings.

-Eggs.

-Neglecteds, GoN, Zombies.

-BSA dragons (Reds, Pinks, Magi)

-Pebbles!

-Metallics.

-Special lineage pairs.

-Random pairings.

-Unpaired dragons or other hordes.

-Name holder hatchlings at bottom.

I custom sort everything.

Standard drag-n-drop custom sort.

It's a variant on rainbow. I started out with rainbow sort, like, two years ago, but I decided I didn't like the aesthetic flow, so I altered it. Put my vampire army up top, then started with hollies and ended with blacks. Some dragons, I still can't figure out where to put (my scroll goes from red -> brown -> orange), and things get a little weird after purple (purple -> dark red -> lighter purple -> pink -> white -> grey -> black) but I've manually placed eveery dragon for a pretty long time, so I'm proud on being unique in my sort order.

i just changed mine to breed sort

I have used legacy for almost 2 yrs

figured time for a change

not sure if I like it but almost 1000 to resort

might make myself like it xd.png

Custom sort:

1. eggs

2. unfrozen hatchlings

3. assorted adults I haven't named and put into their correct places yet

4. specials (currently my tinsel and Dorkfaces)

5. breeding projects

6. trios

7. origami (I only have one, not sure why it's there and not in #4)

8. holiday

9. rare-ish and alts (stripe, alt vine, bluna, shallow water, geode)

10. breeds mostly alphabetical by name of breed, with exceptions

11. frozen hatchlings

Within the breeds, sorted alphabetically by given name within the following groups:

a. frozen hatchlings

b. caveborn

c. non-inbred

d. inbred

The sort order is a constantly changing project, I'm sure it will continue to be moved around as I go.

I use Alternate Custom sort. I find it easier because unlike Custom sort, it's easier to organize dragons way down the line. Instead of having to scroll down for a couple of seconds, Alternate Custom sort is easier to sift through.

I use the alternate custom sort, because I have my own demented version of "rainbow sort" that I like to use.

Custom sort for me!

I do eggs/hatchies at the top, then a leetle tree to separate them from the rest of my dragons.

Next is special lineages, then any groups or 'series' of dragons I have.

After that, I just put random breeds.

Last is BSA dragons, although I may change that later on.

I use the alternate... Tried using legacy and completely lost count after a while. xd.png I can see how alternate would be difficult for people with multiple dragons of the same type.

I use the alternate custom sort, I have too much dragons and it's confusing if I use anything else. :3

I use Custom Sort. I used the 'rainbow' option as a starting point, and rearranged them how they are now.

I use a mix of sort by breed and custom sort. Haven't really bothered much with sorting my scroll properly, but I'll do it one day. On the top of my scroll is eggs and hatchlings + four adult pygmies to separate Lineage projects and IOU's from my other eggs and hatchlings. on the bottom of my scroll is the only mixed breed lineage project I have going, so they've been sorted into pairs. My other projects are just scattered throughout my scroll, among their own breed. I need to fully sort out my scroll. xd.png

Edited by VampiricOmen

Alternate custom sort.

First are the the eggs, older to younger on top (if that makes sense o.O), then a leetle tree to separate them from the hatchlings (which are younger to older, so the oldest hatchlings eventually blend in with the other adults (I actually move them around my scroll to their right place after they grow up but... rolleyes.gif).

Then come special adults (tinsel(s) and their partner(s) (my silver is still a hatchling)) and special lineages/families.

Then there are some dragons for some projects (cave blockers) and everything after that is what's left of my rainbow sorting when I had 40 dragons. laugh.gif

Custom Sort when I want to know how many dragons I have.

Alternate Custom Sort. It's way faster and makes my day easier when I have 300+ dragons.

On top, of course is the young hatchlings still needing to mature, and eggs that still need to hatch. Then I have 3~ of my favorite breeds at the top. From there on, I sort MOST dragons by color (it's pretty).

Each breed sort looks like this:

Male

Female

Male

Female

Male Frozen Hatchling

Female Frozen Hatchling

S1 Frozen Hatchling

Without equal numbers, of course the above will not be exact. Some breeds I have 10 of or some I have only 1 of.

Still need a lot of finish my darn scroll.

Crud, I meant to hit Alternate Custom sort. >.<

Anyway, they're sort of sorted by date with eggs/hatchings/some adults between their mother and father. Dragons that I turn into mates get moved up and/or down depending on their previous position so they can be next to each other. CB eggs or eggs grabbed from the AP go straight to the bottom.

I've just spend HOURS rearranging my scroll after Generations and sorting out the inbreds to the end of my scroll. This way I finally don't have to search around, which to breed to which best.

But now I have to get so many new dragons so that my scroll will stop looking so messy xd.png

I use the Alternate Custom sort.

First are the eggs, then the growing hatchlings.

Then the Leetle Tree, followed by my Chicken.

I group dragons by date, putting the newest ones at the bottom of the scroll and I group all dragons of the same breed in one spot. The general rule I follow (or work to accomplish) is: Male, Female, S2 Male, S2 Female and S1 ungendered Hatchie.

Then my Cheese and Paper are like some sort of separator. After them comes the Inbred shelter (recently built and made me realize how many dragons I'm actually missing) and lastly the Dinos. They were too big to put on top of the scroll and it just felt weird mixing them with other dragons so they ended up being last.

Alternate custom is my pick.

I sort as follows: Leetle tree, eggs, hatchlings, chicken, and then adult dragons alphabetically by breed. The pygmies are at the bottom of my scroll, and are sorted alphabetically by breed name as well.

I use Legacy Custom Sort.

All my dragons of the same species/coloring/gender are assigned the same number, organized by frozen males, adult males, frozen female, adult females.

The dragons where I have reached my personal goals are sorted to the bottom of my scroll, with the BSA breeds at the very bottom. The middle contains dragons I am still collecting and the first ten breeds on my scroll are those I am working to complete soon.

Growing eggs and hatchlings are all at the top of my scroll, until they gender, where they are then sorted into their appropriate spots on my scroll.