BloodlessDreamz

Tokio Hotel

I cannot believe there is no topic for these guys yet (and yes, I did a search). I know there are fans out there - so spill! What are some of your experiences with Tokio Hotel? Have you been to any of their concerts? What is your favorite song? Do you prefer the English or the German? biggrin.gif

In case you were wondering who Tokio Hotel is..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - user posted image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tokio Hotel is a rock band out of Germany. Their first major album in German was "Schrei" (Scream), followed by "Zimmer 483" (Room 483). Their third Album was in English, a mish-mash of songs from both their earlier German albums, and was titled "Scream" after their first album. Their fourth album (third in German, second in English) is titled "Humanoid", and was released in September of 2009. The CD has almost identical track listings for both languages, though there are a few variants.

The band consists of twin brothers Bill (vocals) and Tom (guitar), along with Georg (bass guitar) and Gustav (drummer). In the USA, due to the "difficulty" with pronouncing his name, Georg has been renamed "George", which is the English equivalent for his name.

The band has been together roughly 10 years, and are about to start their "Welcome to Humanoid City" in Europe, hopefully followed by a tour on the North American continent.

Edited by BloodlessDreamz

I am so happy that this thread exists now! laugh.gif

When it comes to experience with them, I can only mention the concert in Budapest I attended. It was on 10th of April 2007. That is still the best day of my life.

I am also going to Zagreb to see them again. It will be on 28th of March this year.

As for songs, I like both the English and the German songs. I think their songs are very personal and that they can touch a lot of people. That's why they have so many fans. smile.gif

I am so happy that this thread exists now! laugh.gif

When it comes to experience with them, I can only mention the concert in Budapest I attended. It was on 10th of April 2007. That is still the best day of my life.

I am also going to Zagreb to see them again. It will be on 28th of March this year.

As for songs, I like both the English and the German songs. I think their songs are very personal and that they can touch a lot of people. That's why they have so many fans. smile.gif

Oh wow.. how was the concert? How long did you wait in line before going in? I've heard stories of people waiting for WEEKS. ohmy.gif Yay! When you go, you've got to post how it went! biggrin.gif I'm excited to see what this tour brings.

I agree with liking both.. their music covers so many important topics that everyone can relate. biggrin.gif

Oh, the concert? Well, I didn't wait for weeks, I arrived by bus with lots of other fans from my country, and we came on that very day. When we got there, there were, like, 4.000 Hungarians waiting in line! blink.gif

I thought I was never gonna come in! But, in the end, I got in there and had the time of my life. They are PERFECT live!

I was kinda disappointed when I saw that only 4.000 people attended the concert, and the concert that was about to take place in my city was sold out - they sold 20.000 tickets, and they had to cancel it because of Bill's vocal cord surgery... sad.gif

I don't know if my city's ever gonna get a Tokio Hotel concert... sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

And yes, when I come back from Zagreb, I'll post everything you need to know about the special effects on their tour.

I listened to them a long time ago, the only song that I liked was... Moonson or something, I don't remember its name... But I started to think their music was boring, so after maybe a month I didn't listen to their music anymore. And now it have been over one year since I listened to them last time.

And there's something wrong with being gay?

Anyways, I think they're okay. Having heard only about two of their songs, I don't have a favorite, but Monsoon is pretty good.

I've been a huge fan of them for about 2 years now. I love their music, they have a song for pretty much anything and the lyrics are so beautiful! (And I'm pretty much in love with Bill's voice happy.gif) My favorite songs by them are Spring Nicht (sounds a lot better in German) and Darkside of the Sun.

I went to their concert in Denver a few years ago. All I have to say is they are even more amazing live!

Just to be random, here's the FB group where I first heard about them: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31316261600&ref=ts

Oh! there finally a topic about them ^^ yay! smile.gif I have been a fan for almost two years *gasps* thats a lot longer then i thought. tongue.gif

I have never been to concert and probably only will when i move out of the house... in a few years. sad.gif

I've been a fan for 4 years and a half now and will probably be for the rest of my life, even after the band stops existing. In any case, it's a shame I never made it to one of their concerts, but maybe in the future I'll see them perform live.

I'm a huge fan of the band but not of their music ..lol...I can't live without the band..twins..news...etc... =D I'll see them alive soon! already bought a ticket on the concert in Moscow <333

I LOVE THEM !

------------

forgot to mention I'm a fan since 2007 year(winter) =D

Edited by BillmyLove

biggrin.gif Wow! This is an awesome response.. I'm so happy so many other people like them. ^^

@Silverfox It was that way when they went to Texas.. I think the place was only about half full. sad.gif Aw, thank you! biggrin.gif I'm sure everyone will be excited to hear about the new tour! biggrin.gif

@funofmetalmusic If you can't say something nice or at least constructive, keep your mouth SHUT. Blatantly stating something that is both rude and untrue gains you no friends. *flicks* If he was gay, it wouldn't matter, and has absolutely no holding on the MUSIC so I'm not sure why you even bothered.

@SoraBbb I think Monsoon/Monsun is a universal favorite. :3

@Zane you went to the Denver concert? Where were you in line? ohmy.gif I went too - number 19 (I got the number sunburned onto my hand, or I never would have remembered, haha!)

@x-acidic pixie stick-x Awww... how come? sad.gif Their concerts are amazing though, so it's well worth the wait, I promise. wink.gif

Wow.. some of you have been fans for quite some time. ohmy.gif I think I first heard about them in early 2008... just in time to miss all the concerts in the USA (spring) before Bill's surgery. *facepalm* I did go to 4 concerts later on though...

Minneapolis, MN ; Denver, CO ; Houston, TX in August

Atlanta, GA In October.

I had a blast at each one - fans are awesome. ^^

@BloodlessDreamz I can't remember where I was in line... I was pretty close to the front though, but I was pretty out of it before the concert, too much excitement xd.png

@BloodlessDreamz I can't remember where I was in line... I was pretty close to the front though, but I was pretty out of it before the concert, too much excitement xd.png

Aw. smile.gif It was an awesome concert.. I think some people in line were playing Tokio Hotel monopoly or something. biggrin.gif I was sitting with two other girls in chairs for most of the day.. it was fun. ^^

I absolutely love Tokio Hotel! I've only been to one of their concerts. It was at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC on October 30, 2008. It was freaking amazing. I got some really good photos there and I've got a slideshow on my youtube account if anyone wants to see them. I equally enjoy both the German and English versions of their songs, but sometimes the German ones are a little better.

Tokio Hotel is a rock band out of Germany.

How can you like a band and not even know what genre of music they are? They're pop rock

How can you like a band and not even know what genre of music they are? They're pop rock

I'm also no fan but seriously was that necessary? Obviously you also don't know the band so why do you try to provocate?

I'm also no fan but seriously was that necessary? Obviously you also don't know the band so why do you try to provocate?

I'm so sorry for saying the truth