mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love the idea! biggrin.gif

I think in Skies of Pern it was Honshu WeyrHold, sort of a mix of weyr and hold for the new Star Craft.

I've always been a fan of Ruth, Jaxom, and Ruatha Hold, and in the Dragonsdawn book, the Hanrahan Clan (love that) were my favs. So I'd like to be on the list for Fort Hold, when it comes around. I don't have any appropriately named golds, so I'd like to claim the first spot for a bred egg, if I may. Is that possible?

EDIT: Doing this properly

Fort Weyr, 2nd Gen - I can't start it, but I'd like to claim the first bred dragon, no matter the breed.

Named Dragons - I'll wait until I get an egg, so I can use Influence to get the right mate.

Is this acceptable?

Edited by Gyps13

I like that idea. Are we allowed to use short gen golds, or still just CB??

<3 Lib

I think that as long as the Golds are clean, relatively short (2nd or 3rd would be good) it would be fine. We can pretend that the ancestors are the genetically engineered fire-lizards that led to the first dragons.

I love the idea! biggrin.gif

I think in Skies of Pern it was Honshu WeyrHold, sort of a mix of weyr and hold for the new Star Craft.

I've always been a fan of Ruth, Jaxom, and Ruatha Hold, and in the Dragonsdawn book, the Hanrahan Clan (love that) were my favs. So I'd like to be on the list for Fort Hold, when it comes around. I don't have any appropriately named golds, so I'd like to claim the first spot for a bred egg, if I may. Is that possible?

EDIT: Doing this properly

Fort Weyr, 2nd Gen - I can't start it, but I'd like to claim the first bred dragon, no matter the breed.

Named Dragons - I'll wait until I get an egg, so I can use Influence to get the right mate.

Is this acceptable?

You just reminded me to start making lists for people requesting an egg from a certain Weyr or crossbred from certain Weyrs. You most certainly can request the first bred egg for whoever takes over Fort Weyr!

I'll do that later tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance - I'll be looking through my books to make sure I didn't miss any Weyrs from the South.

SO loving the Weyrs idea. But my Ramoth isn't low gen, she's seventh gen from the cave, I think, but she is clean. I'd like to start Fort, even if it means I have to go find a low gen gold somewhere. But I don't think Ramoth would resent being head queen at Fort, after all her rider is Ruathan, yes?

SO loving the Weyrs idea. But my Ramoth isn't low gen, she's seventh gen from the cave, I think, but she is clean. I'd like to start Fort, even if it means I have to go find a low gen gold somewhere. But I don't think Ramoth would resent being head queen at Fort, after all her rider is Ruathan, yes?

Actually, I think that would be fine. That's such a perfect name for the lineage anyway xd.png

I'll add you to the Weyr-list and update the requests for Weyr-bred eggs now.

I have a gold, and possibly an autumn or so that I can use. If not, I can catch a Whiptail. xd.png

She already has a children, and is one of my common mating pairs that I breed every week. However, if that's okay. I can name her of the 'Of Pern' name, and find a mate for her that will fit amongst the 'Bronze' Dragons.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7WV7.

Tell me if this is okay, and if it is, I'll take a Weyr, and get breeding. I'm already late on breeding her this month. xd.png

And I just named her. Fittingly, the first gold that Faranth produced. biggrin.gif

Oi... Just realized something. xd.png Ignore the dead eggs on my scroll. I'm doing neglected experiments. =/

Edited by Khallayne

Gah. I was asking cuz I really wanted Ruth seein as that's mah name. Ah well. I'll get a gold, promise. I'll make it second gen too >.> I'd like Southern Weyr if that's at all possible biggrin.gif

<3 Lib

EDIT: Weyr List updated to here!

I have a gold, and possibly an autumn or so that I can use. If not, I can catch a Whiptail. xd.png

She already has a children, and is one of my common mating pairs that I breed every week. However, if that's okay. I can name her of the 'Of Pern' name, and find a mate for her that will fit amongst the 'Bronze' Dragons.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7WV7.

Tell me if this is okay, and if it is, I'll take a Weyr, and get breeding. I'm already late on breeding her this month. xd.png

And I just named her. Fittingly, the first gold that Faranth produced. biggrin.gif

Oi... Just realized something. xd.png Ignore the dead eggs on my scroll. I'm doing neglected experiments. =/

That's fine! I know some of us have starting golds that aren't named with "of Pern". As long as all the offspring are named that way, it'll be fine.

I'm naming the lucky mates with the "of Pern" also, since I think it would look nice that way. xd.png

What Weyr would you like to start? I updated the second post with the listings.

Gah. I was asking cuz I really wanted Ruth seein as that's mah name. Ah well. I'll get a gold, promise. I'll make it second gen too >.> I'd like Southern Weyr if that's at all possible

<3 Lib

Sorry! >.< ATM Southern is available, I'll edit the list and put you there.

Edited by mishii

Is Fort taken? XD I wanted High Reaches, but that was taken. So, is Fort Taken? If so.... I'll try to think of what other Weyr I'd like. (I tried with that Whiptail... And they won't breed together, so I caught another Whiptail and influenced it. ^_^ I won't name them until I find a breeding pair).

WOAH! Just an odd comment here. Your Ramoth the Golden is a descendent of My Syreistyn and Deimisk. XD! That's kinda creepy. o.o I didn't think that my eggs had gone so far. XD

Edited by Khallayne

Is Fort taken? xd.png I wanted High Reaches, but that was taken. So, is Fort Taken? If so.... I'll try to think of what other Weyr I'd like. (I tried with that Whiptail... And they won't breed together, so I caught another Whiptail and influenced it. happy.gif I won't name them until I find a breeding pair).

Yeah, Fort is taken. The list in the second post is updated to now.

Telgar, Ista, Igen, Honshu Weyrhold, and Monaco Bay are currently OPEN!

I have no gold, but I like the idea... A good number of my dragons have pernese names, so its kinda neat to see this lineage start up... I plan on keeping an eye on this, so maybe, just maybe, I can hop in later...

Hmm... Well, I don't know which one I want, so I'm going to mull it over for a while.

I see that you are accepting non-CB Golds now, and that means that there is a lot of potential for a lot of other people to join especially if you are going as high as gen 7. (Just finished reading through the thread!)

I think I'll allow someone else to be 'Weyrleader' of the Weyrs, and give them that pleasure since I'm not a big lineage person, and you seem to have a lot of people interested. If anyone needs a Gen 2 gold, just come and tell me. I breed my golds weekly, and the highest gen breeding gold that I have is 2. So I can offer two or three gens when I breed.

I'd like Honshu, please with my "Gold Queen" Kultath...

Am dithering on the Pern mate... will let you know later smile.gif

elencha, would you like me to see if I can get you a shorter Gen Gold? I mean shorter Gen all around. It would probably still be a Gen 4, 5, 6, but with less in the other lines as well. Would that be okay? Gotta help out my Fort Weyrwoman. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

WOAH! Just an odd comment here. Your Ramoth the Golden is a descendent of My Syreistyn and Deimisk. xd.png! That's kinda creepy. o.o Gyps13

Really? How cool! Small cave huh? xd.png

If anyone needs a Gen 2 gold, just come and tell me. I breed my golds weekly, and the highest gen breeding gold that I have is 2. So I can offer two or three gens when I breed.
elencha, would you like me to see if I can get you a shorter Gen Gold? I mean shorter Gen all around. It would probably still be a Gen 4, 5, 6, but with less in the other lines as well. Would that be okay? Gotta help out my Fort Weyrwoman.
If mishii would prefer I use a lower gen Gold and either of you is able to get me one, I'd be greatly in your debt. biggrin.gif

I've been running around like a nut, trying to get a gold of any lineage, and it seems impossible... So good luck on a cb or short gen...

I'm not even going to attempt CB. lol Even if I did, I need one for my collection, so I'd be selfish about keeping that one. xd.png

As for a shorter Gen gold, I'm attempting Gens 4 and 5 from mine, and looking for workable trades for others, so we'll see what happens. happy.gif

I need to pick up a mate for Ramoth, so I guess it'll be a whiptail since there is 0 possibility of an autumn at this stage of the game. <laugh>

I'm glad to see this project taking off! =D

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr:

Pair: Pryde's Dulciath

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Ista Weyr

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr. I only have a gold male so far, but I'm working on getting a female. http://dragcave.net/view/n5Rc

Edited by tsubasafan

elencha, you have a PM. happy.gif

I traded for a Gen 7 overall, but very few dragons in the lineage, so it makes for a nice, clean, short-looking lineage. Hopefully it will work, and be a good start for Fort Weyr. Plus, if you use some naming tricks, you can still use Ramoth! smile.gif

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Ista Weyr

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr. I only have a gold male so far, but I'm working on getting a female. http://dragcave.net/view/n5Rc

I'll put you down as a future Weyrleader biggrin.gif Let me know when you get a female, or see if any of the others who have offered to try and provide a short-gen one could help you out. Welcome!

elencha, you have a PM. happy.gif

I traded for a Gen 7 overall, but very few dragons in the lineage, so it makes for a nice, clean, short-looking lineage. Hopefully it will work, and be a good start for Fort Weyr. Plus, if you use some naming tricks, you can still use Ramoth! smile.gif

Hey! If you managed to get elencha another gold to use, lemme know - if she wants she can name it Golden Ramoth of Pern (I checked to see, and it's available at the moment) or some other variation... my personal preferance would be to have short/CB golds, but if it doesn't work out Ramoth the Golden can suit juuuust fine.

Also - editing the first two posts with new Weyrs and egg lists, as well as any special considerations any of the Weyrleaders might have for their eggs.

I'll put you down as a future Weyrleader biggrin.gif Let me know when you get a female, or see if any of the others who have offered to try and provide a short-gen one could help you out. Welcome!

Thank you happy.gif As soon as I get one I'll post here.