Peralta

ANSWERED:Sort by Tabs

Bumping this because I really, really want lair tabs! I like having my "completionist" dragon list separated from duplicates, and with tabs I would feel more comfortable hoarding commons (since they wouldn't dilute all of my other dragons, so to speak, so if I go looking for a Pink for Influence I don't have to dig through pages and pages...) I actually don't dare grab any dragons I don't need to complete my hoard list since everything will just get messy if I do... The custom sort is nice, but it isn't the same.

I want this so much! I stopped actually organizing my scroll, because I have too many dragons to sort through, and even though we have the group move for custom sort, it still takes too long. I'd really like to have tabs to organize my projects please.

Please, TJ, it's been six years by now, and we really need something to help us organize our dragons by now.

Support. I do not feel the need to use this now but I do not see any reason to be against the suggestion.

A lot of the older players have a huge collection now and tabs are long overdue. (Has anyone hit 10,000 yet?)

For those with smaller collections, I doubt that they will remain small for long if they stay around.

I like the idea of tabs, however like Prince_Xanthius said I like being able to see my dragons without having to switch between tabs. Maybe there could be a combination of the two with tabs being sorted in alphabetical order so people could still see their all of their dragons. For example there could be a growing tab and an adult tab. When someone wanted to view their growing dragons they'd click that tab. If they wanted to view a different tab and not their growing dragons they would click the growing tab again to hide it, then scroll to the tab they want to view wand then click it to view the dragons in it.

Full support, it would make organizing dragons much easier. smile.gif imagine if we couldn't put our files in separate folders on the computer, or if we could only put our personal belongings all in one very long cabinet.

So yeah, I'd love this.

A lot of the older players have a huge collection now and tabs are long overdue. (Has anyone hit 10,000 yet?)

For those with smaller collections, I doubt that they will remain small for long if they stay around.

I think someone is around 12,000 or above by now. But I forgot who it is.

I would like to support this. smile.gif Mostly, I like to sort my dragons by sub-type (amphipteres, drakes, eastern dragons, western dragons, et cetera). I only have 4 pages (with a maximum of 250 dragons per page) on my scroll but I am already having a tedious time sorting my dragons. At first, I used the custom sort then the alternate custom sort and then the legacy custom sort. I am thankful to have those options. But as the numbers of dragons increase, it is becoming tedious again. D:

I fully support this - I personally sort my dragons by their described locations (irrelevant to biome/etc) and I hate it when a place is half on one page/half on the next. Other users will see your tabbing, right? It would be a great way to tell viewers where they are in Valkemare.

For my personal use at least, this would be better than signs/sticky notes that have been suggested to help label parts of scrolls.

The lack of sorting system is what mainly causes/d my hiatus and the reason I just stopped organising my scroll or naming dragons or making lineages; you catch my drift.

At this point I don't even care anymore, I just want SOME kind of sorting. We've been asking forever and for me it's a true dealbreaker.

The lack of sorting system is what mainly causes/d my hiatus and the reason I just stopped organising my scroll or naming dragons or making lineages; you catch my drift.

At this point I don't even care anymore, I just want SOME kind of sorting. We've been asking forever and for me it's a true dealbreaker.

Even though I haven't gone on a hiatus yet, I feel the same way.

Personally, I don't even want to start a lineage right now because I won't be able to find the mates I need on my scroll without endless searching. And the last line I started - well, it got ruined because I didn't pay attention to a stupid pesky detail. :/ Which is why I'd like tabs (for organizing) and tags (for giving me a quick overview over where this dragon is supposed to be in a line without having to open the lineage view each and every time).

Personally, I don't even want to start a lineage right now because I won't be able to find the mates I need on my scroll without endless searching.

That's exactly it.

(The last lineage I started never really went anywhere because I'd not thought that choosing two common breeds would give me only the one I didn't need over and over and over again, but that's a whole other problem.)

It would be good if we could have tabs that we could name, I want to organize my dragons based on certain location, but's it next to impossible.

I also support this 100%. I don't have a lot of dragons, but it's already difficult to find a certain one.

Help.

I got a little behind on sorting and went to take care of it today. Hundreds of dragons wandering all over the place. *massive headache*

Please please please, TJ. I need something better than what we have now.

Help.

I got a little behind on sorting and went to take care of it today. Hundreds of dragons wandering all over the place. *massive headache*

Please please please, TJ. I need something better than what we have now.

That was me right after Halloween.... Actually that's me whenever I get a big IOU in! xd.png Its.... scary how quickly 7500 dragons can get disordered.

Yes we need a better way...

Cheers!

C4.

I'll give my support to this idea as well. It would be great if we could sort dragons into tabs by lineage, holiday breeds, non-breedables, etc. It would allow us more freedom to customize our scrolls, and it would also make navigating our scrolls easier for outside viewers. Maybe instead of giving each tab a (possibly) lengthy title, we could use little icons to make things even simpler.

There would never be enough icons. Need actual typed labels. Custom labels.

Typed labels are perfect and all that's needed. Icons are probably even more confusing than labels.

If you don't believe me, try to make up a small icon for the following lineages:

- Dorkface

- Almost cool code project (here)

or any other multi-breed lineage.

Once again I'm chiming in to say

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER YOU FIND SACRED, WE NEED THIS!!!!

I decided I was going to try and sort my scroll the other day. I just gave up, because I don't even know where to begin to put things at the moment. It really does mess up the fun of the game for me.

Come on, TJ! You are usually so good about listening to user feedback. These are most long-term, loyal players here--- most of the people who really want this are those of us who have been around for YEARS now. Please throw us a bone?

most of the people who really want this are those of us who have been around for YEARS now.

I think this might be the problem. The people with old, large scrolls aren't a very big group so he might not want to invest too much time in a feature that only few will benefit from.

But if this is his thought process (I'm speculating, don't bite my head off) I think it's wrong. Because people who enjoy collecting things are also people who love sorting and putting things in order. The current system is useful if you have few dragons for that but it isn't fun. No matter how many or few dragons you've got.

So I think it would help to get new players into the game and seeing as the forums are dead and there are usually roughly half as many players indicated on the front page as before my hiatus that would be good.

It's most essential for people with huge scrolls, but even smaller ones would find it useful. I'm one of the old players that doesn't have a gigantic scroll, but it would still be nice to be able to make a tab for my holidays, a tab for my random non-CB dragons, etc. And it would be vital for anyone with lineage projects. (Although taGs would be more useful than taBs for lineage work, since you could put all that detailed information that people now clutter up names with somewhere else. But I think a combination of the two is the only way to handle it)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Blah, I think you have a point about collectors enjoying sorting and organizing. That absolutely applies to me.

PF 13, I think a combination would be awesome as well. Though if I could only pick one it would be tabs- at least you could put all on one lineage together on a tab and find them easier!