The Tempest Lineage

The Tempest Lineage *NEW* - Over 700 Dragons !

Tempest Gangasagara has gendered male as Influenced, and has been entered into the Tempest spreadsheet. He's due to mature some time Saturday morning, Pacific Time.

I'd like to reflect for a moment on the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. It's 4AM here, six hours after the news first broke. Hawai'i has been hit by the tsunami and we're probably getting it in the west end of my county as we speak.

Let's pause to consider what a Tempest is, and the damage they cause. The sea and the sky explode in fury, catching us frail humans and our ultimately frail works in their passion to merge with each other. The greatest ship made of oak can be shattered into so many flinders by a tempest.

I've been working on my Tempest Marut Clan for…I guess about a year and a half now. The denouement is within reach, but out of respect for Japan and the Pacific Rim, I'm going to hold off and not breed the 5th Gen Marut this week. It's been in the works since August '09, it can wait a few days.

Tempest Gangasagara has gendered male as Influenced, and has been entered into the Tempest spreadsheet. He's due to mature some time Saturday morning, Pacific Time.

I'd like to reflect for a moment on the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. It's 4AM here, six hours after the news first broke. Hawai'i has been hit by the tsunami and we're probably getting it in the west end of my county as we speak.

Let's pause to consider what a Tempest is, and the damage they cause. The sea and the sky explode in fury, catching us frail humans and our ultimately frail works in their passion to merge with each other. The greatest ship made of oak can be shattered into so many flinders by a tempest.

I've been working on my Tempest Marut Clan for…I guess about a year and a half now. The denouement is within reach, but out of respect for Japan and the Pacific Rim, I'm going to hold off and not breed the 5th Gen Marut this week. It's been in the works since August '09, it can wait a few days.

I saw the tsunami on our German TV just hours ago and switched to the CNN News, because our news are just saying ''OMG Tsunami, poor Japan ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif ... yep and now to the other things...'' .

It was the same with the uprising in Egypt, which I also followed on CNN, because of the lag of information here .

I hope that Japan will recover from this enormous destruction soon sad.gif and that the other coutries, which will be hitten by that tsunami, too !!

Does anybody know, if Malaysia will be hitten by that huge thing, too ?

Because a very close friend of mine, which is also a part of these forums, is living there and I'm a bit worried =/ .

I also hope, that you won't get hurt Xoco, take cover if you need, please o3o !!

Edited by Shichibi

They're saying that the tsunami hit everything in the Pacific Rim. In my native town of Santa Cruz, CA, the wave entered the harbour and wreck and sunk 35 boats. Nothing in the harbour escaped damage.

Here in Oregon, a couple of DUNDER-HEADED teenagers went out onto the rocks in Coos Bay "to get a better look" at the incoming waves. No, they didn't get swept out to sea, but the adult that went out to rescue their idiotic asses did. I say "idiotic" because just a few weeks ago, two high school kids on a school trip went out onto the rocks and got swept away — by "normal" sneaker waves. I know American teenagers have heads like sieves but they forget less than a month after?

Apologies for the double-post, but I didn't want to bury this in the other one —

I know I said I was going to hold off breeding my 5th Gen Tempest Marut, but I just couldn't wait. I was a little nervous and hoped it wouldn't draw any negative karma for me in this time of crisis; but for reasons I'll get to in a moment, it seems Lord Shiva-Rudra approved of this endeavour and put His blessing upon it.

T. Gangasagara grew up a couple hours ago. I bred him to T. Arunachal and — got a Storm egg.

It gets better.

This baby has "OM" in its code!!!

And you can bet I'm going to Incubate it and include "OM" somewhere in the name.

A few eccentricities and oddities:

• Most of the Tempest breeds are in its lineage. In descending order, they are:

• Storm (17, not including Lil' Tempest OM)

Water (8)

Skywing (3)

Deep Sea (2)

Electric (2)

Thunder (2)

No Blunas, unfortunately — I tried, but Rudra and Apsara didn't produce one, so it's not a Perfect Tempest. I'm thinking of breeding one up for its mate.

It also has some forebears that are from the Fifth Element, mostly because I had trouble catching a Thunder for Tempest specifically and I didn't want to wait.

• Incidentally, Storms happen to be one of my favourites and my most numerous dragon on my scroll, topping out at a whopping 52 between all of my projects.

• The Maruts are a band of Storm Demons from Hindu mythology. Their name means "Spirits of the Tempest" and each of their names is "Wind[something]." Windspeed, Windwheel, Windstrength, Windseed, Windflame, Windcircle, Winddestroyer. It is thought that archetypically, they are the Indian equivalent of Germanic Europe's Wild Hunt. They are the brothers of Rudra, an early form of Shiva. Technically they're all male, but some of my Marut Tempests are female; Vayuhan (Winddestroyer) and Vayuchakra (Windwheel) being notable. After all, the female is the deadliest of the species wink.gif

I'm planning on Influencing it male. See you in a few days when lil' Tempest OM hatches and genders! biggrin.gif

ETA 3/15/11:

And…He Is Born.

Welcome, Tempest OM Marut Pranava!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0M0Z

Edited by Xocowolf

It's been some time since I last added something to the spreadsheet.... but I'm taking notes of which dragons have to be added. Like, http://dragcave.net/lineage/iW5A - is a halfblood Tempest I bred just now. Or, actually, quarter-blood smile.gif

Tempest OM Marut Pranava gendered male and is due to grow up any minute now.

Poor boy got his thunder stolen by the new egg frenzy wink.gif <3 I loves him anyway.

Congrats on your breedings Xoco biggrin.gif =3 !!

By the way, I saw one of your posts in the Thuwed thread and how much you liked the Magi x Black, I can breed you something like this, if you want to ^^ .

I'm just waiting for a Thunder sibling of her

http://dragcave.net/lineage/sUId, to be able to finally continue my

6th even gen. Tempest Project smile.gif .

Just to let you guys know :

I can breed another Tempest Thuwed and I'm open for requests happy.gif,

it will look like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/69ju .

Edited by Shichibi

I thought this wouldn't be a bad time for me to list my Tempest dragons and breeding pairs in case anybody wants eggs.

Skywing:

Lady Bianca Tempest - CB

Lord Freedom Tempest - CB

Deep Sea:

Lord Poseidon Tempest - CB

Lady Nereid Tempest - CB

Water:

Lord Kenn Tempest - CB

Lady Nixie Tempest - CB

Bluna:

Lord Dorian Tempest - 2nd Gen - http://dragcave.net/lineage/NqeK

Lady Dorisa Tempest - 2nd Gen - http://dragcave.net/lineage/T1iY

Tempest Nemoy (male) - 2nd Gen - http://dragcave.net/lineage/RlRs

Any of these are available for breeding on request.

Hi,

I had tremedous luck today and caught this one on the AP:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tgXq

Nobody seemed to miss it in the LiT, so I kept it and... would like to ask if this is a tempest Dragon (if I add the Tempest Suffix)? There is a Tempest in the CB generation, but not in the 2. one?

Edited by Varnayrah

Hi,

I had tremedous luck today and caught this one on the AP:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tgXq

Nobody seemed to miss it in the LiT, so I kept it and... would like to ask if this is a tempest Dragon (if I add the Tempest Suffix)? There is a Tempest in the CB generation, but not in the 2. one?

If you want to, I can check the spreadsheet for the Tempest in the 1st generation, but the owner of Tempest of Fate doesn't ring a bell on my side o3o .

~goes of checking the spreadsheet~ If you want to check it yourself, it's in the 1st post ^^ .

EDIT :

There IS a Tempest Fate on our side, but the owner is Nephthys Angel (both scroll and forum name) smile.gif .

So, no, it's not a Tempest dragon from our lineage ^^ .

Edited by Shichibi

Ok, seems not to be in the Spreadsheet. What a pity^^ But I could continue the line with a CB Storm taht's in the Tempest Lineage...

Ok, seems not to be in the Spreadsheet. What a pity^^ But I could continue the line with a CB Storm taht's in the Tempest Lineage...

Yes, you can wink.gif and with that it would be a half Tempest ^^ !

Edited by Shichibi

Ok, as soon as I have time to catch a CB Grey I'll do that^^ But in the meantime...

Scroll Name: Varnayrah

Forum Name: Varnayrah

Willing to gift Dragons: Yes

Willing to Receive Dragons: Yes,

because I caught my first CB Thunder and I just want to have that in a lineage^^

So here is

Name: Thunderous Lady of Tempest

Breed: Thunder

Generation: CB

Mother:-

Father:-

There are some other CBs I'd like to register as Tempest dragons:

Name: Lorraine Lee of Tempest

Breed: Water

Name: Tascarina of Tempest

Breed:Deep Sea

Name: Diaphus splendidus of Tempest

Breed: Deep Sea

Name: Blue Skies of Tempest

Breed: Skywing

Edited by Varnayrah

Scroll Name: Mistshadow

Forum Name: Mistshadow

Willing to gift Dragons: N

Willing to Receive Dragons: N b/c I suck at doing so.

I also have a water egg that I will register once it's gendered.

Edited by Mistshadow

Ok, as soon as I have time to catch a CB Grey I'll do that^^ But in the meantime...

Scroll Name: Varnayrah

Forum Name: Varnayrah

Willing to Receive Dragons: Yes,

because I caught my first CB Thunder and I just want to have that in a lineage^^

So here is

Name: Thunderous Lady of Tempest

Breed: Thunder

First of all :

WELCOME TO OUR LINEAGE biggrin.gif !

Please use the form to register your lineage, you can find it in the first post under SUBMITTING UPDATES , but here it is =3 : *click*

Just in case that you didn't register them by now wink.gif .

You can, however, using the old form like you did above, to post them in here, to show them to us wink.gif (which most of us do happy.gif) .

As soon as I won the fight with Vista on my new laptop, which doesn't want to leave and giving its place to XP, I will update the spreadsheet and the first post ^^ .

Which includes dragon countings ... gawd I have to register some dragons too xd.png !

===============================================

Scroll Name: Mistshadow

Forum Name: Mistshadow

Willing to gift Dragons: N

Willing to Receive Dragons: N b/c I suck at doing so.

I also have a water egg that I will register once it's gendered.

WELCOME TO OUR LINEAGE to you too wink.gifbiggrin.gif !

If you ever want to recieve dragons from this lineage, mostly all of the users are open to breed for you ^^ .

On my side, this also normally includes Thunders, but I'm currently hoarding or trying to hoard them, to hold the Breeder With Most Thunders On Scroll (39) tongue.gif .

Also, please use the form that I posted for Varnayrah to register your dragons offically in the spreadsheet smile.gif .

But as I said, posting them here is fine also ... just don't forget to add them in the spreadsheet ^^ !

Lovely greetings,

Shi happy.gif

Edited by Shichibi

HEY PEOPLE.

/longtimenoseesorry

Was lurking the AP and saw a Deep Sea with the code BlAY. Picked it up, and it's CB!

Totally naming it Tempest BELAY THAT.

/PotC

I just bred this beauty: nhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/hE79

Ugh, I have a lot of Tempests to name and register, but I intend to do so.

I just bred this beauty: nhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/hE79

Ugh, I have a lot of Tempests to name and register, but I intend to do so.

Congrats Darth biggrin.gif !

I still have to wait until they decide to give me a Thunder dry.gif*click* for the total lulz !

I totally need a Thunder, it's the only 3rd gen. that I need for my Project -.- ~click for image~ .

Myself has to check my dragons in the spreadsheet, because I'm VERY sure that I forgot to add some of mine too xd.png .

Scroll Name: laelly

Forum Name: laelly

Willing to gift Dragons: Yes, when I have one ^^

Willing to Receive Dragons: Yes please ^^

I hope I can become a member, even if I don't have any of the dragons required, but when I have place, I'll get one ^^

Can someone please tell me if HvTP is a Tempest or not? The spreadsheet won't load for me.....

Can someone please tell me if HvTP is a Tempest or not? The spreadsheet won't load for me.....

You mean this one http://dragcave.net/view/HvTP, right ?

Nope, that is not a Tempest from us smile.gif .

=========================================

@laelly : Welcome to our lineage biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif !!

Yes, you can become a member without having one of the dragons yet .

You can also PM one of the people who would breed for others (like me, I also do Thunders ^^) and ask for a Tempest egg wink.gif .

=========================================

I shall do an update next week =3 .

Edited by Shichibi

Scroll Name: Sincerest_Apologies

Forum Name: Sincerest_Apologies

Willing to Receive Dragons: No

Just added two of my dragons to the spreadsheet. smile.gif

Edited by Sincerest_Apologies

I haven't been here in a long time, but with the new trade system and cave I'm interested in getting back into this lineage! I'm in the process of re-naming my dragons using the spreadsheet (was gone a LONG time) and will be adding a few updates soon. happy.gif

Name: Fathomless Tempest Rahab

Breed: Deep Sea

Generation: G2

Mother: Abyssal Tempest

Father: Fathomless Tempest

Name: Magnetic Tempest Tai

Breed: Electric

Generation: G3

Mother: Twisted Tempest Kali

Father: Magnetic Tempest Li

Name: Chilling Tempest

Breed: Storm

Generation: G1

Mother: CB

Father: CB

Name: Howling Tempest

Generation: G1

Mother: CB

Father: CB

Name: Chilling Tempest Diana

Mother: Chilling Tempest

Father: Howling Tempest

Name: Howling Tempest Isaak

Mother: Chilling Tempest

Father: Howling Tempest

Name: Rogue Tempest Naenia

Breed: Water

Mother: Rogue Tempest

Father: Surging Tempest

They've all been added to the spreadsheet as well.

Edited by Likewise