Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

I tried using it when the Christmas eggs came out, because I was silly and had scroll-locked myself. I had 4 eggs, two of which had small holes and two that weren't cracked at all. All of them survived xd.png I seem to have good luck with any of the BSA's I've tried lately. Let's hope it holds!

I have used Earthquake only once. It was a few days before Christmas and I had manged to grab a split. I wasn't thinking straight and was rushing so I used it and the split hatched.

EQ is terribad, used it and it has never worked for me at all.

I have not used earthquake yet, and due to not willing to leave hatching to chance, I doubt I will anytime soon.

I can't help but wonder about the EQ BSA with all of these failures. I mean, in my opinion, a BSA should be something that you'd -want- to use from time to time. Incubate is great, I use Influence and it has yet to fail me. Vamp bite is wonderful. But EQ just seems to be nothing but a 'kill all eggs mercilessly' commands. It hardly seems like a worthwhile BSA, which makes me wonder why even keep it at all? BSAs should be something helpful first and foremost, with a chance of failure to keep things chancy. Not a disaster most of the time with the possibility that it might work out in your favor once every tenth try. I mean, most of the people who have been reading this thread have either stated they'll never use it again, or else haven't tried it yet and now don't want to chance it. If it's just going to be unused, then what's even the point?

I totally agree with this. I've never used it and never will considering I've really only heard "horror" stories about it. The failure rate seems so high, there's no point.

I've used it twice, and it seems as if though I have gotten "lucky" considering that both times nothing happened. Now I really don't want to chance it again... o.o

I can't help but wonder about the EQ BSA with all of these failures. I mean, in my opinion, a BSA should be something that you'd -want- to use from time to time. Incubate is great, I use Influence and it has yet to fail me. Vamp bite is wonderful. But EQ just seems to be nothing but a 'kill all eggs mercilessly' commands. It hardly seems like a worthwhile BSA, which makes me wonder why even keep it at all? BSAs should be something helpful first and foremost, with a chance of failure to keep things chancy. Not a disaster most of the time with the possibility that it might work out in your favor once every tenth try. I mean, most of the people who have been reading this thread have either stated they'll never use it again, or else haven't tried it yet and now don't want to chance it. If it's just going to be unused, then what's even the point?

Agreed. I used it when it first was implemented just to try it out, all my eggs died, which was a bit of a shock for me sad.gif

Havent used it since and surely wont use it again with such a high failure rate.

To be honest, I have been to much of a chicken to use my "pebble"'s ability. I am afraid of killing all my lovely eggies! Is this wrong?

The first time I used it, they all did fine. The second time I lost one egg. The last two times I have used it, however, it killed all my eggs! All of them!!! I won't use it now. No way. sad.gif

I was impatient and used Earthquake on all my new eggs.

My two speckled eggs died (ToT)... they had 5 days left!

and my limestone and leaf egg were unaffected ...

TOTALLY WAS NOT WORTH IT!

*must stop being impatient*

Its the opposite of Incubate, within incubate will safely only knock one day off, EQ its "do or die".

Its there for the risk takers.

Mind you in the previous release with the legendary trio, some of us got to see the hatchlings early because one soul took that risk...

Ugh... I just had to get brave again and try it. Now I have to look at a dead egg for two weeks now. :/

I'm pretty sure its stats were much too low.

The one time I tried it, I got one dead egg and three unaffected ones. Haven't dared try again. oO

Tried it once, it killed an egg. I tried it again and my sun egg hatched. The other two eggs were unaffected both times. So yeah... I may use it more. I'll probably only use it if the eggs are ones I don't mind losing.

Tried it once. Killed two eggs, didn't affect the other, will not use it again. Just not worth it, especially if you have hard to get eggs.

Would much rather have a BSA that nurtured the hatchlings to cut a day off that. >_>

Tried it once. Killed two eggs, didn't affect the other, will not use it again. Just not worth it, especially if you have hard to get eggs.

Would much rather have a BSA that nurtured the hatchlings to cut a day off that. >_>

I totally on board with this idea. Since we have an icubate to take a day of an egg why not give a dragon a bsa so they could take a day off of a hatchling? Of course this might make the earthquake option redundant but impatient players (and haven't we all been at one point or another) might continue to try it if they don't mind the dead eggs. Myself, working with vamps and the luck of the vamp lottery there have enough dead eggs through the bite process without adding to it by trying the earthquake. Never again. sad.gif

I've used it twice. First time, nothing happened. The second time, 3 out of 4 eggs hatched (1 unaffected). One of the hatched eggs had just been laid that day, if I remember correctly.

I agree, we need a hatchling style incubate too.

I've never used Earthquake. It's not worth the risk.

I did a comparion between my vamp losses and the earthquake losses:

Vamp Bite:

9 tries with eggs, 7 turned, two dead eggs

Earthquake:

Three tries, twice unaffected, third time two dead eggs

Just from my small data it looks like the earthquake is riskier than the vamp bites. ninja.gif

I've tried earthquake twice, and each time only got unaffected and dead eggs.

I think I'm "done" with earthquake. I like the earth dragons, though, and wish they had a more popular BSA, since I'd like to breed mine. But it looks like those eggs still "go begging" a lot on the AP (or die from vampire bites).

@Misha - agreed about the comparison - looking at the legions of vampires on some scrolls, the Bite action does seem to be a lot more successful than Earthquake. I hope to catch a Vampire before too long; I have been shy to request any because I had dead from the earthquakes... xd.png

About 10 earthquakes so far.

Here are the average results... I think:

0 Hatched

10 Killed

30 Unaffected

Absolutely worthless BSA...

First time that I tried it, I killed my only vamp.

But I don't mind the dead eggs. I get some from bites too.

Edited by evina

Every time I have used Earthquake has unaffected all eggs I used. On the first day of the new eggs, for some reason I just randomly earthquaked and killed one of my new eggs. Now it sits on my scroll and haunts me (shivers)

I have never trusted the chances of Earthquake, too risky, too random, too crazy.

I used it once when it first came out and no eggs were effected (and I don't plan on using it again) but I have a question. If an egg dies, does it count for the 24 hour period a dead egg usually does? For some reason, I didn't think it did but a question in help says it does.