Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

I have not used it yet. Frankly, I'm afraid to. I MIGHT use it at some point, when I have no rares or gifted dragons, and when I'm not currently on lists at Giving Tree. And even then, it will ONLY be with commons like pinks, and I will probably only use it once and never again.

EDIT: Does it have the chance of killing adults and/or hatchies too or just eggs? If it kill adults/hatchies, I may NEVER use it.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

The first earthquake I tried, I got one alt black and a dead egg. After that, I've just killed all of my eggs.

EDIT: Does it have the chance of killing adults and/or hatchies too or just eggs? If it kill adults/hatchies, I may NEVER use it.

Earthquake only effects eggs. Adults/hatchies will not be effected.

I have not used it yet. Frankly, I'm afraid to. I MIGHT use it at some point, when I have no rares or gifted dragons, and when I'm not currently on lists at Giving Tree. And even then, it will ONLY be with commons like pinks, and I will probably only use it once and never again.

It only affects the eggs but, if you are going to use it, make sure you have no rare or quite a few eggs...it could kill them all. Also as someone found out fogging doesn't protect an egg from the earthquake. All in all although I would never use it again it might be useful when you have *one* egg to try it on that you can afford to lose. After losing two I needed I swore I'd never use it again. sad.gif

First i want to try earthquake but now i have heard all the stories i think i will never use it :|

I only used EQ once when it first came out. Most were unaffected, but I had two force hatched that were fine. However, all of them were at least two days old and had enough views to have been able to hatch if they'd been at the proper time.

Has anyone tried to make that comparison? I've never tried it on fresh laid eggs, and I don't think I ever would use it again except in cases of neglected experiments.

I've never tried an earthquake because I don't want to kill any eggs. I killed a CB Shield Dragon but that was due to a vampire bite. By the sounds of it, an earthquake sounds too risky, especially since most of you have said that you've lost at least one egg.

-Phovos

I had a couple earthquakes succeed. The first one was on 4 eggs - 3 of which hatched and the other was unaffected. The second time was on 3 eggs - 2 of which hatched and one was unaffected. This made me cocky. The last time I used it was because I was getting impatient for something to hatch so I could stalk the AP.I used it on 4 eggs - all of which were with 24 hours of being able to hatch, with s3 or s4 cracks. It killed every single one of them. I won't use it anymore now, except in the case of a ND experiment, and I NEVER do those if I have a metallic egg. It's just not worth the risk for me.

the key is to have a four/five days left, and at least 150-250 unique views. (same goes with vampire biting)

I use it all the time, never killed one once ;D

And if you still aren't convinced, if you have a rare your afraid will die, then just fog it while you use earthquake. it won't be affected :3

I tried Earthquake once, with a Vampire egg that had taken my weeks to snag,and 3 commons. Not knowing that it affected all eggs, I used it and of course ended up with all the eggs dead.

Edited by Angel of Despair

the key is to have a four/five days left, and at least 150-250 unique views. (same goes with vampire biting)

And if you still aren't convinced, if you have a rare your afraid will die, then just fog it while you use earthquake. it won't be affected :3

Not true on two counts:

The success rate of Vamp bites has no correlation to the age/views of the egg; I have bitten 0/0/0 eggs with 7d left, and had them live; I have bitten 3d15hr eggs with 500/200/10 and had them die. I do not know if it matters for EQ (I think it might, actually), but it definitely doesn't for bites.

Fogging WILL NOT protect eggs from EQ. My boyfriend used EQ exactly once to see what it did; he had 4 eggs, one of which was a Stripe that he fogged in an attempt to protect it. 3 of the eggs were unaffected. The fourth died--- it was the fogged Stripe. If you want to protect Rares, don't EQ them! <3

Success story: I had three fogged eggs and a Neglected experiment. The egg turned, I hit it with two Earthquakes. The first EQ left everything unaffected; the second one hatched the Neglected and left the fogged eggs unaffected.

That was the first time I'd used Earthquake: I was (needless to say) quite happy with how it turned out!

This is absolutely untrue since one of the dead eggs from my last earthquake was a fogged silver. And there is no "key". All the eggs in my failed attempt were low time/high views and they died anyway. Any egg runs the same risk of being killed, you just happen to have been lucky so far.

maybe I've just been insanely lucky then with my EQs<3

But the vampire thing is pretty much lucky if you had a 0/0/0 and it changed successfully. Mine either die or are repulsed, but when they have at least four days left with over two hundred views, they always change with success. Again, I might just be lucky

I tried earthquake when it first came out and ended up with my first dead egg on my scroll - haven't used it since.

That's funny because although it was a while ago I read somewhere on the site that fogging your egg will not prevent it from being "killed" during an earthquake. You might be unaffected with luck but I'd love to hear from others as to whether this is true or not. Experiences earthquakes with fogging eggs anyone?

Edited by Misha

That's funny because although it was a while ago I read somewhere on the site that fogging your egg will not prevent it from being "killed" during an earthquake. You might be unaffected with luck but I'd love to hear from others as to whether this is true or not. Experiences earthquakes with fogging eggs anyone?

When my friend did an earthquake a few months ago, he fogged one egg because he didn't want to risk it dying and it died anyways from the earthquake.

Mostly the only thing that happens when I earthquake is death for the eggs. I never earthquake on eggs I don't want to kill though... Maybe two or three eggs have been unaffected. Never any success.

I tried it twice, both times with common eggs. Of the two attempts, one successful forcing (the one with the most time left and fewest views...) and the rest were unaffected. So I used a vampire bite and got a successful turn and sent the remaining two eggs off to the AP.

Not sure if I'll use it again, I like the sprites on them very much, but the BSA makes me a bit nervous. I now have a red on my scroll if I want to hurry up a hatching.

I love earthquake's potential, but I rarely use it due to my cautious personality raising eggs. Though now that I don't really raise rares much anymore I might venture to experiment with it more.

Thus far it's worked well and I've had no casualties.

I've tried it over 40 times now, each time with massive success.

Of course, my goal is slightly warped, but... it has been successful.