Misha

"Earthquake" BSA your success/disaster story?

I have tried it few times... always either nothing happens at all or everything dies. I stopped trying to use it as a result.

Should have looked this up before using Earthquake!
After 2 attempts, 3/6 of mine died and the rest unaffected. I thought maybe the success rate would be higher but seemingly not. 

Whoever created that BSA was really mean with the success rates, used it with an Ice Dragon egg (5 Day timer left) and it killed that, my Pyralspite and two others and hatched only one egg, and that one was already cracked. 😕 I really distrust that BSA, but Red Dragons take too long to come off of Cool Down. ;-;

I'm pretty sure i've only used the BSA once and nothing happened.

After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that this BSA is alost useless. It normally kills things or leaves them unaffected and even if they do hatch there's still the chance they they run away to the AP. Maybe if a second BSA existed or the BSA was modified to act as a safety net like a way to prevent an egg from dying during a forcing or something to keep the hatchlings from running away.

The one and only time I tried Earthquake, it killed an egg or two. I don't actually know how many, but I know one of them was a Thuwed I was gifted :dry: And it might have been a Balloon Dragon Thuwed but I don't remember, which would only make less sense that it died because lore-wise it wasn't even touching the ground...

I released the dragon responsible and swore to never use Earthquake again.

I used it for first time...and bam! It has unnafected 4 eggs and 3 hatched and I  catched the hatchlings. That was risky, and I'm not going to use it again in nearest time but it was very satisfying :)

Used it a few times already and actually really enjoy the BSA. Using earthquake on an egg that has no cracks at all, especially a very new one, will result in either nothing happening or death, at least in my case. I've never seen it work in this scenario although it might be possible, albeit with a very low chance. Using earthquake on an egg that has cracked, even partially, nearly always results in the egg hatching instead, although it still may run away (though this has happened only on very few occasions for me). I'd be interested in hearing whether this is just a fluke and if others have different experiences :)

Edited by usern4men0tfo4nd

Can agree, based on some collective data-gathering, that eggs have to at least be cracked (and older than 24 hours minimum) for it to have a chance of hatching. Sick eggs can hatch fine, as can eggs anywhere from s1 to s5, though we haven't determined if there are factors that make them more likely to hatch versus die.

I used EQ during the latest new release and had 3 early hatchies, 1 dead, and 4 unaffected.

I used earthquakes two days ago on a batch of 7 freshly caught random CBs from cave and one pseudo-wyvern egg that I had on my scroll for more than 10 hours already. What was strange there, is that first 8 times I used that BSA all of the eggs were completely unaffected. Then next earthquake killed 4 eggs, and the following one killed 3 eggs, leaving me only with the drake one intact.

I think it's worth noting that I didn't visit page of any of those CBs, beside the drake, so they all were at 0/0/0 views when I bombed them with 8 earthquake attempts. Then I clicked them, so they got to 1/1/1 views, aaaand the last two earthquakes killed them all.

Now I can't help but think that those CBs were invulnerable untill their view pages were actually visited for the first time. The drake egg surviving all of this feels kind of odd too

Edited by Lyncerta

Has there been any success stories? Now I am really scared to use my green's earthquake. I mean, I would like to use it, but not if my eggs are going to die 1/2 the time or more.

I got a 6/7 success this release, 1 death. Most others also got more than half successes, like 3/5 or 4/6. Haven't seen any runaways in awhile.

if you earthquake early it's still worth it as long as more than half hatches and they're all common, since any deaths only take a day of lock and you can hatch them almost a day early. It's very risky if you actually have anything you really don't want to lose, though.

As long as it's already cracked and 9ver 24h old it has a decent chance of hatching, even if it's sick.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I tried using Earthquake for the first time this morning on three eggs in their final cracking stage. One died, one hatchling got away and I caught the last one. So not great. XD

Bumping this up because of new Canto color linked to Earthquake BSA.

I would love to know if anyone has collected data on success rate vs how much time the egg had left when the BSA was used?

Well, originally it looked like a flat 50% rate at 6d/s1 crack when we originally begzn using it, then there was a stretch of time when suddenly 6d eggs started having a very low survival rate. Right now I don't know how the odds are, but i recommend waiting a few hours after 6d (5d20h or older) to maybe squeeze some extra chance in.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Cracks seem to be pretty important. More cracks meaning more survival, judging from the past few releases eq attempts.