dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

If dragons hoard gold, do they also hoard the gold dragons on scrolls? *Imagines dragons fighting over gold dragon* xd.png

I'll tell you something illogical; why does your finger always fall asleep and click eggs you don't want when you're on the cave?

Cause there is no logic in that esp. when you don't want the egg! xd.png

Something weird:

How can you tell that a dragon is a female or a male. I can't... they look the same.....

Also, why do you wait for it to grow wings to check its gender?

Also, HOW did you check its gender?

I suppose you could ask it or something...but still. Its a dragon. I don't really think it would be very safe to..er, check.

Eggs that float in the air-do you need ladders to get them?

Are frozen hatchlings cold to the touch?

How can you freeze reds/Magma's ... wouldn't they thaw?

and wouldn't ice already be frozen?

Do dragon armies have generals and ranking officers?

Edited by Melisande

me try:

humans take eggs/hatchlings as experiment subjects for researching neglected, so why doesnt bystander dragons get angry watching a mere human killing a memver of their species?

and side note, how do we exactly experiment on the eggs? do we hurl the eggs to a lab hidden behind the cave? where do we find the equipments as well?

E: this is a placed called dragon cave, where dragons exist. so how did humans came to this place? why do we exist at all in DRAGON cave?

Edited by starfish102

You pick up the scroll labeled "Aphroditex" and see small sketches of dragons as well as information about them.

...So, everyone with a scroll is an amazing artist?

and somehow all our dragons sit in the exact same position as we draw them?

Also!

If the Balloon dragon only eats leafs and fruits.. how the heck did it get so gassy?

why does our scrolls seems to be extending when sketches of dragons is added? where does the extra paper comes from?

"This egg smells rotten and is stone cold."

Imagine incubating it.

It's gonna smell o-so much worse...

"This egg smells rotten and is stone cold."

Imagine incubating it.

It's gonna smell o-so much worse...

That would be why the other dragons are so often repulsed by them and toss them out - the smell.

As annoying as it sometimes is, it's hard to blame them...

Why are there ads for Foxtel? I mean, this is medieval we are atlking about! Why are there even ads? I don't see any for dragon-disease repelling...

If the Balloon dragon only eats leafs and fruits.. how the heck did it get so gassy?

Same way a cow does. Talk about Methane Machines.

Speaking of which, why does a Balloon not ignite or explode when too close to a Magma or Fire dragon?

Once an egg has been touched by a human, the human's scent rubs off onto the egg. The mother dragon then will reject the egg and no longer be able to tell that it is her own.

So...what, do we raise our bred eggs ourselves? How do we even get enough food for our dragons? And where do we stay? Surely travelling around with a bunch of hatchlings is bound to attract unwanted attention.

How is it that when two dragons breed, the offspring will only be the same species as one parent? And how is it possible that Purples and Bright Pinks are all-female? Shouldn't there be an all-male, common breed of dragon too?

Edited by Ein Sylean

So...what, do we raise our bred eggs ourselves? How do we even get enough food for our dragons? And where do we stay? Surely travelling around with a bunch of hatchlings is bound to attract unwanted attention.

Ya got THAT right. We don't have farm caves, do we?

Where do zombie dragons go during the day? After two weeks, their tombstones disappear and they probably can't find their graves anymore...

Also, why are vampires visible during the day, but not zombies? Doesn't legend indicate that, if anything, the exact opposite would be true?

Apparently, Water dragons lose their legs once they reach maturity.

Why does it look like they still have their legs, though? blink.gif Not to criticize spriters or anything, but they look like they have a leg submerged in water.

And I wonder how Eggs grow via views... Do people just gather around and stare at your egg and that helps it grow? Same with hatchies, although each person might throw the hatchie food or something, kinda like GPX Plus...

Edited by Ein Sylean

I have a few things to say to bring some logic into this xd.png

Not all dragons are carnivores, for one- pinks and purples are specifically said to eat plants, as are whites and mints. I'm sure other dragons can at least survive on plants for a while...

Second, magic. I've always imagined DC's dragons as being able to go a long time between feedings, combination of magic and a slow metabolism (you know how long it takes snakes between feedings? For dragons, it could be decades or centuries). One big meal and they're set for a long while. There is also the fact that a scroll is the record of all your dragons- in the world of DC, maybe it doesn't change to reflect if one of them has been killed in battle or something. If you're trying to find illogical things, first apply logic. Even if you remove the peaceful species, who's to say the population doesn't keep itself in check from dragons fighting?

Third- the description thing is on the scrolls, not on the dragons. And I think reviewing would be done in some large gathering, where scrolls are exchanged and stuff xd.png

Fourth- Maybe hanging around dragons so long, immortality rubs off onto humans?

Fifth- One would naturally assume that vampire dragons can bite through scales.

Sixth- I'm sure magic has to come into play when getting some of the eggs xd.png But note that they say /almost/ too hot to touch, and that your hair just stands on end.

Seventh- Read the Guardian's description, it clearly says the shield is made of a lightweight substance, much like (I assume) their horns.

As for where they all live... they live in the world. Humans catch some, raise them to adulthood (or freeze them), and then go on to find more dragons. Those they raised are free to go about their own lives, and etc. Some might stick with their caretaker and help, some might not.

-coughs- Now, that's out of the way...

Why are leetle trees rare? I would think plenty of trees existed!

My responses and continuation of this, which was very well done.

First: Well said! Just as there are some humans that are vegan and different levels of vegetarianism, dragons would probably vary in their diet as well. (this is rather connected to point two, I might add)

Second: Also a very good point. Since dragons are generally considered to have reptillian attributes, it makes perfect sense that one could go a very, very long time between meals, thus aiding to keep the balance of life.

3. LOL yeah, I can just see someone trying to etch a description into the dragon itself xd.png

4. This trait can be seen if one has read the Inheritance series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr...) As human lives are extended to centuries as a Dragon Rider, due to the magical influence of the beasts. The elves, as Paolini explains, gained true immortality through dragons being connected to their race over the course of centuries (millenia if I remember right)

5. Absolutely. I mean, other dragons can injure each other...

6. Again, a good point. Magic would probably come into play for some dragons (like a deep sea egg), however, most of them have the explanations right in their descriptions like you said.

7. I won't even bother. You're spot on again.

And now for MY little bit...

Why would anyone want to keep a Neglected around if it despises you? I mean really. It wants to eat you with ketchup, but it's too weak. You'd think that would make it a shameful creature to keep about.

Oh, and to whomever asked about Balloons being gassy when living off fruits and plants? Have you ever lived around a vegan human? Or a cow, as was mentioned elsewhere? WOW those guys make a lot of air! (or, for that matter, a lot of other plant-eaters...I need to get out more xd.png)

How can we collect dragons if TJ doesn't really favour human contact in our suggestions and descriptions? Isn't human contact the start of all this? Surely there would be some grounds for treaties and the start of lines of communication between species.

With all us thousands of humans prowling around the Cave, you'd think the dragons would wake up and realize what we're doing and eat us--because we're crunchy and good with ketchup and stealing their babies! *shot*

As far as all the dragons living in a cave, I imagine it as a remote island with thousands of caves and no people. I don't think of myself as a dragon keeper but more of an observer watching them in their natural habitat.

I guess the real cause of ADHD is the problem of being followed by too many daydream dragons?

What are officially called thunder dragons-aren't they really lightning dragons?

Dragons get sick because we view or click them too much-or not enough? How does that even work? Too much germ sharing or something?

Of course, the fact that inanimate objects such as cheese, paper, pumpkins and rocks all coming to life is more than illogical.

Sorry, off topic, but the explanation I generally use for views is that dragons need a certain kind of aura to grow, a kind of aura that only humans can give. Or eggs need heat/views to hatch, and hatchlings need food/views; if it has an excess, that means that it has fever or it's been eating too much (depending on the stage). This makes even more sense because hatchlings are much less likely to die from a surplus of views late in their childhood (aka indigestion) than dying as eggs or from having too many views as a newhatched (aka a really bad fever).

Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever.

According to TJ, viewing/clicking eggs=holding them to warm them up, and viewing/clicking hatchlings=feeding the baby dragon food.

So, eggs that are "too warm" and hatchies that are "too full"=sickness.

Edited by Sun Dragon Angel-A

1. If viewing an egg is like warming a dragon then shouldn't the magmas be fine on their own? They're already pretty hot. If anything your hands would 'cool' them (and be severely burned)

2. Who the heck is bored enough to go around enchanting cheese and paper to act like mini dragons? Why would you even want to magic your cheese to be a dragon? Some sort of olden day prank?

2. Who the heck is bored enough to go around enchanting cheese and paper to act like mini dragons? Why would you even want to magic your cheese to be a dragon? Some sort of olden day prank?

I'd do it just to mess with people, and because it would be awesome. xd.png Heck, I'd enchant more than just cheese and paper!

According to TJ, viewing/clicking eggs=holding them to warm them up, and viewing/clicking hatchlings=feeding the baby dragon food.

So, eggs that are "too warm" and hatchies that are "too full"=sickness.

I'm kind of scared that that totally makes sense o_O Good call on TJ for an explanation lol