dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Also a dragon egg is three times the size of a chicken egg, and chicken eggs are the size of plastic eggs. If there were 38 plastic eggs in a basket it would be very full. Now 38 dragon eggs in a basket would definitely not happen.

Here's description of Nebula Dragons :

'Nebula dragons are nocturnal creatures. With the best eyesight to be found, they are often seen staring into space. Each dragon tends to observe a particular nebula and will eventually change their colors and patterns to match it. As the nebula changes over time, the dragon changes with it. The more intricate the design of the nebula, the better chance an individual has of attracting a mate. It is said that the markings on no two Nebula dragons will be exactly the same.'

now... if that's true, different sprites for each and every one of the Nebulas in DC? That'd be awesome, but unlikely =P

Edited by Kai-Espada

How do you retire a dragon? Wipe out its entire clan?

((Yes, refrence to the Frills and Old Pinks here.))

I got a few wink.gif

If dinos can't reproduce with other dinos, how come they got into the cave?

Maybe they can breed in the wild, but just won't in captivity?

Happens to other animals tongue.gif

Wonder how fire dragons can mate with water dragons. laugh.gif

with a lot of steam laugh.gif

1) Dragons communicate through telepathy, not verbally. What's wrong with this? Well, in the Ocherdrake and Sweetling descriptions, it states they use their voices to communicate.

2) If you had a mature Zombie on your scroll... Wouldn't it try to kill the other dragons on your scroll?

3) How does a land dwelling dragon mate with a deep sea dragon?

4) How can a Red Dragon Incubate an origami egg?

5) Grandchildren can mate with their grandparents. Am I the only one slightly disturbed by this?

6) Pygmies can't mate with Mints?

7) How did that leetle tree get into the cave?

8) Hmm... Dragons apparently cannot die of aging, but can they die of starvation?

This is very amusing. At least we're not criticizing the site... right?

Sorry if you guys already mentioned the stuff I'm about to. Not stealing; didn't really read much of this and just skimmed it over.

Here's what I want to know:

Skywings don't have feet, so they can't really land anywhere. Wouldn't they get exhausted of flying? Also, how do their eggs manage to make it to the ground without cracking?

How do the eggs of dragons that live in the water only end up in the cave?

How can an earthquake possibly make an egg hatch?

I thought dinosaurs went extinct a long time ago...?

How can your scroll possibly get longer? I mean, you're writing down your dragons' information as you get more, so that would mean your scroll keeps growing... and what do you do when a dragon matures? Scribble out their egg/hatchling picture and add a new one? Finally, how can you move dragons' orders around on your scroll?

Wouldn't the Paper dragons get flamed or ripped apart by the others living with them?

Wouldn't the Cheese dragons get eaten?

Freezing: How does that work, exactly?

Wouldn't an Ice dragon overheat if it was placed near a Magma?

Wouldn't a Magma get frostbitten if it was placed near an Ice?

How the crud do seasonal eggs know what season it is?

If Water Walkers can actually rest on lily pads, they must be smaller than Mints! Yet their picture is about the same size as other dragons that walk on all fours and aren't Mints or Pygmies!

How can the dragons mature so fast, from egg to adult in days?

Wouldn't the dragons we describe as more aggressive try to eat us?

So apparently "Alts" are just mutant Blacks/Vines, no?

A few possible explimations for stuff you mentioned:

"...how do you kill eggs without swords? Throw them against the wall?"

Well that would explain the cracked shell.

"...how can you take care of so many dragons?"

They probably take care of themselves. All you do is get more.

I started wondering today about Frozen hatchlings, I mean the pituitary gland If I am correct is the one that makes the body grow, so if you wanted a little one to stop growing, you would have to remove this?? But That brings consecuences to the individual not providing enough nutrients and it could fall in illness :/ Hmmm Whut?

Edited by Siryuki

"Skywings don't have feet, so they can't really land anywhere. Wouldn't they get exhausted of flying? Also, how do their eggs manage to make it to the ground without cracking?"

Simple. They slow their flight speed and glide to the ground. THey then land, fold their wings, and do whetever - sleep, eat, play with master, breed, go shopping, etc.

"How do the eggs of dragons that live in the water only end up in the cave?"

Their mate carried it there? I dunno really. I can't think of something creative right now. Sleepy.

"How can an earthquake possibly make an egg hatch?"

By shaking it violently, it can shatter the cracked shell.

"I thought dinosaurs went extinct a long time ago...?"

It isn't Earth wink.gif

"How can your scroll possibly get longer? I mean, you're writing down your dragons' information as you get more, so that would mean your scroll keeps growing... and what do you do when a dragon matures? Scribble out their egg/hatchling picture and add a new one? Finally, how can you move dragons' orders around on your scroll?"

Magically manipulate the particles of ink so that they rearrange themselves? :?

"Wouldn't the Paper dragons get flamed or ripped apart by the others living with them?"

That is why they stay away from others when they are doing their fireplay smile.gif

"Wouldn't the Cheese dragons get eaten?"

There was a comic about that. But I dunno really. Only herbivorous dragons would have a reason to, really.

": How does that work, exactly?"

Disabling the pituitary gland is my only guess. Or recoding the DNA so that the cells in the body write newer generations the same way their descendants were coded, and thus will always maintain the same size, form, and structure. This would also prevent any genetic mutations of the DNA, which would simultaneously explain why many frozen hatchies do not grow their wings when frozen, and why they do not gender.

"Wouldn't an Ice dragon overheat if it was placed near a Magma?"

Read the Ice Draggies description carefully tongue.gif

"Wouldn't a Magma get frostbitten if it was placed near an Ice?"

See above.

"How the crud do seasonal eggs know what season it is?"

Well that is an interesting one. Firstly, you know that it takes one "year" for the Earth to revolve one time around the sun? Well, the Earth is always facing a particular direction during each season. Possibly, since dragon's are extremely long lived, they can detect the fluctuation of the Earth's polar fields. Since every few centuries, the northern and southern magnetic poles gradually diminish until they essentially dissapear entirely. After a few hundred years, they reverse - that is, the northern magnetic pole is on the southern portion of the planet, and visa versa. This has been going on for aeons, and currently ours is in the proccess of shrinking right now. However, since Dragcave is likely not on Earth (See above), these two theories may or may not apply. As it is, the sun that their world orbits would directly influence the seasons, and even the gravitational pull of the sibling planets as well. Jupiter even affects our own sun's orbit by a few centimeters! Not very impressive from a casual point of view, but from an Astrophysicist's perspective it is utterly amazing.

"If Water Walkers can actually rest on lily pads, they must be smaller than Mints! Yet their picture is about the same size as other dragons that walk on all fours and aren't Mints or Pygmies!"

Gas bladders and hollow bones.

"How can the dragons mature so fast, from egg to adult in days?"

It's a game. Would you like to adopt a 64x64 pixel image and wait 47 years for it to mature? I thought not wink.gif

"Wouldn't the dragons we describe as more aggressive try to eat us?"

In my view, most dragons are very intelligent. Varying from simple smarts akin to a Rook or dolphin, to evolving intellect like Humans. That said, would you play a game where your scroll would have to re-register and start all over because you were devoured by your pet? I thought not. Unless you were a Voraphiliac!

"So apparently "Alts" are just mutant Blacks/Vines, no?"

Variants in DNA.

A few possible explimations for stuff you mentioned:

"...how do you kill eggs without swords? Throw them against the wall?"

Well that would explain the cracked shell.

I counter that argument with most eggs are extremely durable. A human lifting an egg containing a developing dragon could way up to 40lbs. Throwing it with enough momentum and force to shatter the egg and kill what's inside would take a lot of effort.

"...how can you take care of so many dragons?"

They probably take care of themselves. All you do is get more.

Exactly. And the adults help care for the new arrivals. See the Pink Dragon description.

Also another is that : How did the player (you) manage to tie a vampire hatchie (1st stage that is like a dust) to a tree trunk :/ i mean it has no neck for tying

1) Dragons communicate through telepathy, not verbally. What's wrong with this? Well, in the Ocherdrake and Sweetling descriptions, it states they use their voices to communicate.

2) If you had a mature Zombie on your scroll... Wouldn't it try to kill the other dragons on your scroll?

3) How does a land dwelling dragon mate with a deep sea dragon?

4) How can a Red Dragon Incubate an origami egg?

5) Grandchildren can mate with their grandparents. Am I the only one slightly disturbed by this?

6) Pygmies can't mate with Mints?

7) How did that leetle tree get into the cave?

8) Hmm... Dragons apparently cannot die of aging, but can they die of starvation?

1) I can talk verbally and use basic sign language... sweetlings can talk telepathically and sing/chirp to communicate amongst their own kinds. In Ochredrak's case, they aren't dragons which have near human level intellegence, but more like dogs; trainable, affectionate and group oriented, but not sentient.

2) Have you ever watched a zombie movie? Classic zombies are very slow moving and mindless... they're only really dangerous in hoards, and even then only if you're moving slowly, not terribly bright, or fighting with those around you. The biggest zombie hazard is actually human condition and power struggles. /Srysly went to a PhD lecture on Zombies and the human condition. So it would try, but your other dragons could avoid it.

3) Deep seas come to the surface for breeding, land dragons just have to walk into shallow water or float in slightly deeper water

4) They aren't burning hot, so the egg wouldn't be damaged... but I must agree that making it hatch faster is a bit weird.

5) You can do that with any animal in real life, assuming the grandchild can reach maturity while the grandparent is still fertile. All white tigers were bred from one individual.

6) Pygmies are the size of a singapura cat (which are around four pounds. Pygmies are lighter due to hollow bones and whatnot, but you get the point.) conversely, Mints in TJ's vision have been described as about the size of a Komodo Dragon, or a Panther. Komodos are 150 pounds. Panthers can be from 66-200 pounds.

7) Seeds + fertilizer. Many female dragons eat plant matter. And those who eat meat would probably eat the stomach contents of their prey.

8) Keep in mind that it's never said that Dragons CAN'T die of old age, only that one has never been found, which can simply be a matter of their life spans against humans, and... well, a sense of privacy. Turritopsis nutricula is an apparently immortal jellyfish. It can switch from adult to polyp stage at will, making an individual live (as far as we know) forever. Another example is the Icelandic Cyprine, which is a type of mollusk that can live in excess of 400 years. No single human will be able to watch that mollusk for its entire life cycle. We only know its age based off of measurements we can take now (growth rings.) Both can still die of starvation, pollution, and predation, some individuals just have happened to survive that long.

Edit: One last thing; Dragon eggs are only 3x the size of chicken eggs. Ostrich eggs are 24x the size of chicken eggs.

Edited by Vicats

The term is freezing and the symbol is that of a snow flake. So I take the literal term as to freeze some thing.

Legendary Trio:

Ice Dragons

How do you freeze a dragon that lives in the ice and is already frozen? That must be some cold wind to stunt their growth.

Magma dragons

How do you freeze the magma hatchling. Woudn't the magma either freeze over and kill it or wouldn't it be frozen for a minute then unfreeze.

(I don't think there is any illogic in freezing a thunder hatchie. Damn I wish I could think of someting for the whole set.)

Freezing is not actually to ice, I'm pretty sure, but is a spell that freezes the hatchling at whatever stage it of develpment its at.

Besides, would you really want to put a hatchling into a block of ice to make it stay a hatchling?

Also, I have one word that easily explains most of these comments. MAGIC. This is a universe where magic exists, so things should be illogical on magical terms, too. Even magic has some limits.

PS: Sorry if I'm getting too serious, I always over-analyze everything

Freezing is not actually to ice, I'm pretty sure, but is a spell that freezes the hatchling at whatever stage it of develpment its at.

Besides, would you really want to put a hatchling into a block of ice to make it stay a hatchling?

Also, I have one word that easily explains most of these comments. MAGIC. This is a universe where magic exists, so things should be illogical on magical terms, too. Even magic has some limits.

PS: Sorry if I'm getting too serious, I always over-analyze everything

You do realize my original post said I was taking the term freezing literally. The little symbol is that of a snow flake. I have already been nagged about freezing being to stop time not actually freeze. Another thing cold wind can stunt the growth of some animals. You could say that is used for dragons.

PS:I overanalyze sometimes too

Edited by crazywargod

Well, the issue has come up in the BSA thread, and it's been pointed out that the freezing is not literal, but a spell (it even says that in the text that comes up when you do it.) So while I can see where you'd get that idea based on the name and the symbol, it isn't actually meant to be taken literally.

Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs...

I am loving the "answers" to these questions, some of them are really nicely thought out! Others are just blatantly obvious once you read it once or twice and then think "Why didn't I think of that?"

Nebula dragons:

Aren't nebulas really places where stars are formed? And aren't they just clouds of dust and gas? How can a dragon be a Nebula? It it just gas and dust that keeps the shape of a dragon? *shrugs*

How would a paper dragon be recognizable from the scroll it's on? It's all paper O o;

Wouldn't putting a Water dragon by a Magma dragon create steam? And in consequence make all the ink on a scroll run? OH NOES, you just lost all your records of your dragons......FAIL. EPIC FAIL. xd.png

Nebula dragons:

Aren't nebulas really places where stars are formed? And aren't they just clouds of dust and gas? How can a dragon be a Nebula? It it just gas and dust that keeps the shape of a dragon? *shrugs*

From the nebula dragon description:

Nebula dragons are nocturnal creatures. With the best eyesight to be found, they are often seen staring into space. Each dragon tends to observe a particular nebula and will eventually change their colors and patterns to match it. As the nebula changes over time, the dragon changes with it. The more intricate the design of the nebula, the better chance an individual has of attracting a mate. It is said that the markings on no two Nebula dragons will be exactly the same.

So they are named after their tendency to stare at nebulas and change their markings to look like them; they're not actually supposed to be nebulas. (Starfish aren't actually giant hot balls of gas, either. tongue.gif )

How would a paper dragon be recognizable from the scroll it's on? It's all paper O o;

Wouldn't putting a Water dragon by a Magma dragon create steam? And in consequence make all the ink on a scroll run? OH NOES, you just lost all your records of your dragons......FAIL. EPIC FAIL. xd.png

The pictures on our scroll are just pictures of our dragons, not the dragons themselves. xd.png And it's perfectly possible to have drawings of things made from paper on a piece of paper, otherwise I wouldn't have spent all that money on origami books. wink.gif

Well, the issue has come up in the BSA thread, and it's been pointed out that the freezing is not literal, but a spell (it even says that in the text that comes up when you do it.) So while I can see where you'd get that idea based on the name and the symbol, it isn't actually meant to be taken literally.

OMG! I know that already. I just said that I was taking it literaly because that is what I do. Take things literaly.

Please do not reply if you are just going to say basically the same thing as the guy before.

OMG! I know that already. I just said that I was taking it literaly because that is what I do. Take things literaly.

Please do not reply if you are just going to say basically the same thing as the guy before.

Well, fine, but if you're going to take things in some way other than the way they were intended, then you're going to find a lot of "illogical" things that really aren't. I just replied because it seemed like you actually thought it was supposed to be taken literally, and satyr76 was wrong to take it the way it was actually intended. dry.gif

Skywings don't have feet, so they can't really land anywhere. Wouldn't they get exhausted of flying?

Gliding takes no energy, being expert flyers they probably know how to glide for hours at end.

How do the eggs of dragons that live in the water only end up in the cave?

Sea turtles live in the oceans yet come to land and lay eggs.

I thought dinosaurs went extinct a long time ago...?
Dragons don't actually exist and never have...

How can your scroll possibly get longer? I mean, you're writing down your dragons' information as you get more, so that would mean your scroll keeps growing... and what do you do when a dragon matures? Scribble out their egg/hatchling picture and add a new one? Finally, how can you move dragons' orders around on your scroll?.......How can the dragons mature so fast, from egg to adult in days?
Magic, how else, you are able to care for creatures that take over 200 years to mature.

How the crud do seasonal eggs know what season it is?

Temperature outside. The location of stars/sun in the sky.

Not trying to bash you or anything its just that these were some of the easier things to explain.

From the Nebula Dragons' description :

It is said that the markings on no two Nebula dragons will be exactly the same.

different sprite for each and every one of Nebulas in DC? unlikely tongue.gif