dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

Has anyone seen the new "This egg does not actually exist"? 0.o How is that possible? I've been trying to find out more about them--I've seen them hatching (though no actual hatchlings), so they must grow into something...

Note the avatar and the Member Title. tongue.gif

Has anyone seen the new "This egg does not actually exist"? 0.o How is that possible? I've been trying to find out more about them--I've seen them hatching (though no actual hatchlings), so they must grow into something...

Those are TJ09's testing eggs. They never grow into anything. They are used for testing features to be and soon to be eggs. He some times show them off in new egg releases, check the egg flood new release pic. The egg in that one is the version every one knows better.

A dragon, without legs, living in the deepest part of the sea, can mate with a skywing.

Also without legs. Living in the air.

Englighten me. xd.png

Breeding via telepathy? OwO The Skywing sends its genes and hormones into the sea where the Deep Sea receives it...

That makes absolutely no sense. LOL

A dragon, without legs, living in the deepest part of the sea, can mate with a skywing.

Englighten me. xd.png

'The bird can fall in love with the fish, but where would the nest be?'

Quoting my language teacher D:

I suppose the humans you guys are playing as are immortal, since they raise dragons which could take hundreds of years. No?

They mature in "less than 2 years" tongue.gif

So I guess we all turn 80 by the time we have 100 or so dragons tongue.gif

Englighten me. xd.png

Deep seas are stated to come towards the surface come mating season, and it's not impossible to think that a Skywing could land in the water long enough to do the deed. Eggs are raised wherever the mother is, and either the hatchling finds its way to the sea or dies. Think sea turtles.

For those raised by humans, there would be a distinct advantage.

As for no legs... how does that factor in?

Deep seas are stated to come towards the surface come mating season, and it's not impossible to think that a Skywing could land in the water long enough to do the deed. Eggs are raised wherever the mother is, and either the hatchling finds its way to the sea or dies. Think sea turtles.

For those raised by humans, there would be a distinct advantage.

As for no legs... how does that factor in?

Hey, it's the Curiosity Sphere! tongue.gif

*loved that game*

The thing is that the skywing would either have to go underwater for a minute or so, or the deepsea would... do something. I just can't see how they could do the deep right at the surface. And if the mother is the skywing, then...

The hatchling is in trouble tongue.gif

I just tried my luck with an Earthquake and forced both a Red and a Silver. Now, since they both hatched at the same time, and they both ran away at the same time, How the heck did I catch both of them and stop them from running away?

*loved that game*

The thing is that the skywing would either have to go underwater for a minute or so, or the deepsea would... do something. I just can't see how they could do the deep right at the surface. And if the mother is the skywing, then...

Whales can hold their breath for many minutes whilst diving.

If dragions could do the same, it is feasible.

Dragons are magical beings! They can probably cast a spell to make themselves breathe underwater long enough to do their thing.

Now back to being illogical.

There's a crazy amount of dragons in DC already. Wouldn't the world be overcrowded by now?

*loved that game*

There's also the fact they may not need to go underwater at all. Not fully anyway.

Legless things mate by winding around one another, to it's perfectly possible that a skywing's lower body being submerged would work.

Speaking of illogical stuff, why is it that there only 3 eggs available at the cave entrance at best? They are readily replaced each time one is taken, which in itself seems rather odd.

(typo fix)

xd.png Oh gods! Vending machine eggs!

Something I've always thought doesn't make sense:

Vampire Description

Vampire dragons can only reproduce by changing the eggs of other dragons, puncturing the shell with theirs fangs and injecting a venom that kills the baby inside.

Yet when your vamp bites an egg and it fails the message says:

You dragon bites the egg and it cracks open, killing the developing embryo inside.

They reproduce by killing the baby inside, yet killing the egg is a fail?

Here's one for you: imagine a gargoyle hunting near sun rise. Man that would suck...he gets half way through and oh **** frozen again! Not to mention if you breed them during the day. Talk about RAPE.

Another one is if christmas dragons are so rare and elusive, then why the heck do they look like they either belong on a christmas tree or eaten.

Anyone else find it extremely illogical that dinosaurs are wearing shoes?

Try and imagine a Waterhorse hunting too. I'd think the damn thing would look like canivorous jello!

Something I've always thought doesn't make sense:

Yet when your vamp bites an egg and it fails the message says:

They reproduce by killing the baby inside, yet killing the egg is a fail?

I think this is a case of bad word choice... it's universal that vampires are the living dead, I think the reproduction thing should be along the lines of 'killing the baby inside, but at the same time changing it into one of their kind'... whereas sometimes it just kills the embryo outright.

This has probably already been mentioned, but..

The albino eggs. They're clear and yet they crack black. blink.gif Maybe the whole egg is really a mirage. biggrin.gif

I think it's because when the bite fails, the egg actually cracks open, thus killing the developed embryo. If it succeeds, then the embryo inside still dies, but continues to develop as a vampire in the safety of the shell.

This has probably already been mentioned, but..

The albino eggs. They're clear and yet they crack black. blink.gif Maybe the whole egg is really a mirage. biggrin.gif

This is another example of developer oversight, not a lack of logic.

Whales can hold their breath for many minutes whilst diving.

If dragions could do the same, it is feasible.

Once a dragon runs away thats it man...it is now in the wild wild west!

I am still unsure if you really own the dragons or if we are all just sharing like 1 ice dragon and all calling it a different name...LOL.

This is another example of developer oversight, not a lack of logic.

oh hush...

/pokes in the side.

Just having a bit of fun, no need to ruin it!!! :-)

Here is a pancake. You are from a house of pancakes right? I hope it is to your liking.

oh hush...

/pokes in the side.

Just having a bit of fun, no need to ruin it!!! :-)

Here is a pancake. You are from a house of pancakes right? I hope it is to your liking.

Logic beats pancakes x3

I do enjoy seeing the illogical things people point out, but it's like irony. People are completely misunderstanding the fact that illogical means that it makes no sense in any way- not in the context of the game, developer oversight doesn't explain it, etc.

If it can be explained by taking a second and thinking, and it makes sense in game, it's not illogical.

If nothing can be created or uncreated...but matter only changed from one form to another, then how did TJ "create" dragons? tongue.gif

Either quantum physics or tj is the dragon god ... lol

Mama dragon doesn't care that you steal her eggs and dump them somewhere as soon as she's laid them and you've taken your pick. Nor does she care if you smash your chosen egg on the ground.

Apparently, you don't kill little fir trees because you think they're cute.

At Christmas, Valentines', Halloween etc. hundreds of people flock to the same cave in hopes of grabbing 'elusive' eggs that they know will be there, and the dragons sleeping on piles of gold take no notice despite the inevitable squabbling and overall ruckus.

Your other dragons are repulsed by /some/ vampire eggs, but not all of them. And they're perfectly okay with your current vampire(s), and who cares if you bring a vampire egg in one day from wherever you got it?

Canopy eggs - not a leaf in sight.

Water x Fire/Red dragon - how did the parents keep the eggs from dying at birth? How did the parents survive near each other, anyway?

On the front page when you're logged out, it says you can get your scroll if you've been here before. So...when people leave their caves, do they all dump their scrolls in a heap somewhere? If not, why would they need their scroll to visit dragons who are supposedly not just pictures on the scroll?

Why do all your dragons die when you burn a piece of parchment? Voodoo paper?

Moderated descriptions...so you have to get permission to write about your dragons, but it's okay to just kill them off? Defamation is apparently worse than murder oO;

Takes 30 eggs to block off the cave entrance, but 1000+ people hanging around the entrance to grab CB eggs don't make a difference.

So dragons such as Papers can't reproduce, and they're enchanted to act like dragons. The only way you can get one is from the cave. So...there must be some really bored magician in there with too much time and paper on his hands. And you wonder why leetle trees are rare...

With the possibility of having billions of individuals with hundreds of dragons each, that's one huge planet covered in more caves than anything else.

So according to TJ, viewing/clicking an egg means you hold it to warm it up. But you doing it by yourself isn't sufficient. So all the other dragons in your cave are either unhelpful or stone-cold, and your egg needs hundreds of people to hold it until it agrees to come out?

I was reading this thread in effort to avoid duplicates, but after reading about ten pages I gave up xd.png

Edited by Elvenria

And also if stone adults are as big as a mountain and yet there's a lot of them in the cave... how do they fit in the cave? And where on Earth do you keep them? tongue.gif (let's assume you have an army) They will take up the whole planet.

They could live with the dwarves inside Farthen Dur! (since some people are mentioning Eragon)