RavynWolf

Rose of the Dragon

As Ayore walked down a city street one night, she suddenly felt a large group of immortals congregate at a certain spot in the city. As she concentrated, she defined them into a shifter, a werewolf, and some other vampires. she quickly darted into an alleyway and shifted into her phoenix form. Since it was late out, anyone who did see her could be proven wrong, because they were drunk. She landed and reformed outside the bar, and cast a small spell that would hide her identity to all but the most skilled immortals. as she walked in, she immediately pinpointed the shifter, the barmaid, and the werewolf, a man who was drinking a glass of water. After a moment's examination, she also pinpointed the two other vampires, who were whispering and pointing, though not to her. As she looked back at the werewolf, she decided that unless he was looking for the rebels, she had no quarrel with him. Since she had been bitten, she didn't feel the normal rivalry, and ignored the difference. She walked up to the barmaid.

Edited by mizzim

One of the other waitresses called out to Alyssa, pointing to the newcomers. As they were all located in her part of the pub, it was her job to serve them. Seeing so many strangers did make her wonder if something was going on. It was of course not uncommon for a lonely wanderer to come upon this pub, but this many at the same time and at this time? But then again she had been working here only for seven weeks, so they might as well be regulars who just came back from a travel or something. And who was she to question the reasoning of others anyhow? After all, she was almost always a stranger at any place. Walking up to the woman first, as she was closest, she nodded her head in greeting. The man and his little female companion would have to wait for a moment or two.

“Hi there, what’ll it be for you?” Though she gave the woman an once-over, it was not because she sensed anything, but only because something seemed off with the woman. The colour of eyes, the rather pale looking skin, it just seemed odd. Having grown up amongst humans and not yet having discovered her shifter heritage, Alyssa was completely unaware of the existence of immortals, vampires and others.

Ayore looked at the shifter girl. "Nothing, thanks," she said. She had already eaten. Since this girl wasn't reacting to any of the immortals, she probably hadn't made her first shift yet. But was she DraconaRosella or was she working for the rebels?

((No mizzim you cannot unless your talking about the vampire man who is NPC (non player charecter) if your talking about my were wolf charrecter that is called godmodding.))

Kiro watched as the female shifter walked up to the newcomers and offered to help them. She didn't know how much she was helping them by getting that much closer to them. He kept his eye on them waiting for someone to make a move. Then he realized that there was another scent. It was faint, as if it had been covered and hidden. He looked at the woman who had just walked in. The woman who the shifter had walked up to. It was a shifter, or was it a vampire. Kiro couldn't be quite sure just what she was. Not with her scent being covered like that.

He figured she knew a covering spell to hide who she was. The DraconaRosella Army had been using the same spell when trying to infiltrate Rebel hideouts. He rarely ever used the spell. He was looking for a human who would be able to sense his presence, so hiding it would only make his job more difficult.

The male vampire watched as the barmaid asked people what they wanted. He seated himself with the female vampire and watched and waited for the barmaid to go outside for a break.

((@MisaTange: accepted))

Edited by RavynWolf

Rolling her eyes slightly as the woman didn’t want anything, Alyssa went over to the other newcomers. Who on earth went to a bar and did not drink anything? Even the strange guy had taken water. Okay, so it was just plain water, also not immediately something to visit a pub for. But not everybody was as booze-happy as some of the regulars. But taking absolutely nothing? That was uncommon. Apparently strange and uncommon were the key words today. It was seriously time to skip town and get some new sights to visit. Arriving at the man and young girl, she nodded once.

“What’ll it be for you two? Gin’s in promotion today. Buy three and get one for free.”

The female vampire looked at the male. "We'll have that then." He said as he looked the barmaid over. He was wondering how he could get at her sooner. He didn't like waiting.

Kiro watched the vampire's. He felt he recognized the male from somewhere, but he wasn't for sure. He went back through his memories one by one until it hit him.

The blood had covered his snout as he tore a Rebel werewolf apart. Another Rebel came up behind him and hit him over the head. He turned back around and snarled as the vampire took off after someone else as another had attacked him, keeping him from chasing the vamp.

Kiro came back out of his memories. He looked over at the vampire who had hit his head. He would die tonight, along with his little female friend. No Rebel survived these days when they crossed Kiro's path, and this one would be no exception. Luckily, the vampire had not recognized Kiro and that would make this kill that much easier. Kiro's attention was now focused on the vampire and when he would make his move.

Rolling her eyes as these two apparently didn’t want anything either, Alyssa turned and went back to the bar. Another load of dirty glasses had turned up and she wanted nothing more than just escape from the crowd and their annoying behaviours. Casting a quick glance around, she didn’t immediately notice anyone in need of a drink and so she motioned to one of the other waitresses to take over her side for a moment, pointing at the tray of glasses. The other girl nodded and Alyssa picked up the tray, walking back into the kitchen. Putting the tray besides the sink, she already let the water run after which she turned and grabbed the two garbage bags. Normally she threw them out in the alley after closing time, but just wanting to avoid having to go back, she did so already. Though they were heavy enough and she was but a shift of a girl, she did not seem to have many problems picking both up. Kicking open the backdoor, she stepped outside for about a step of five and tossed the two bags against the far wall.

Hearing the back door open the vampires got up and went out the front. No one was around so they flitted to the back of the bar. The male slammed the door shut blocking the barmaid's way back in. The female laughed as she brushed back her strawberry blonde hair. "Hello, princess." She said.

Kiro had seen the vampires leave so he made to follow them. Once outside he looked around. They were gone, but then he heard the back door slam and he sniffed the air. They were after the shifter girl.

He turned around and headed for the back.

Mizumi walked up in the cold dark alleyway. In the darkness, her white hair and pale skin stood out. She walked down the street, her vampire fangs concealed. She found a little bar in the corner. She opened the door to the bar, vampire fangs still hidden. Mizumi took a mental note in her head, Don't drink anything at all. Her fangs will be seen, and who knows what will happen next...

Not having any clue about the existence of immortals or vampires, Alyssa had no idea what their true thoughts were for blocking her path. Glaring annoyed and angrily at the two, she grabbed one of the garbage bags again, holding it more or less in front of her. It would not be much of a defence, but it she threw it at one of them she might clear herself a path. A weak plan, but you had to have some kind of plan in order not to go weak in the knees. The girl did not seem like a threat to her at all. Petite and wiry, a bit like herself. But all those years of having a short fuse and having to defend herself – or offend another depending on the view you took – had given her quite good reflexes. If it were her against the girl, Alyssa was sure there was no problem. The guy on the other hand, that was something else entirely. There was some kind of hostility radiating from him, something not right. Were he alone, she might stand a chance to get in a kick and run. But they were with two, uneven chances and those two combined did seem like a difficult pair.

“What do you want? Drinks are in the bar, folks. I asked you two if you wanted a drink and you ignored me. Get your mind made up and order when asked. I’d suggest you go back inside, I’m sure one of the other waitresses can help ya’ll.” In her defence, her voice sounded steady as ever, not even a slight quiver had entered it. True, she did feel a tad nervous and maybe even scared. The eyes of the man were dangerous, her subconsciousness giving herself a warning about that man.

Username: MearaEris

RP name: Marc Walsh

Creature: Human

History: At the age of twenty, Walsh signed up to join the US Army. He served in Kuwait for two years and has just returned home. During his last week there, Walsh nearly died in a bombing. It was pure luck that made him leave his post just minutes before it was destroyed. Although he doesn't want to admit it, this experience has left him quite traumatised. Wherever he is, he is always scanning the skies for bombs.

Side: America (so neutral in this story)

Description: Marc Walsh is a twenty-three-year-old Caucasian male. He’s taller than most men, and is quite muscled because he trains a lot. His grey eyes often hold a harsh expression, which makes him look a bit scary. He joined the army because he didn’t see a future for himself in the town he grew up, and he lacked the skills to earn a scholarship for collage. Although he is quite intelligent, he can’t concentrate on things that don’t interest him and so he got poor grades in high school.

((I said I'd join, so here I am. For convenience's sake, I think I'll place him as a customor in the bar y'all are at. I wonder how he'll end up. He could be a good soldier for any faction that lays their hands on him.))

((Accepted!!))

The male vampire laughed, as the female answered her, "We want you, princess. Your blood smells far too good to let you go off all alone." She smirked. "Think of it this way," said the male. "We are here to educate you. Get you ready for a new game, one known as survival. You can either become dinner and die, or you can become dinner and join us." The female laughed. "Either way your dinner, sweety." She then stepped forward after the girl as the male stepped forward to try and grab the girl.

Kiro came around the corner just in time to see them going for the shifter. He charged forward and rammed into the male vampire. The male hissed in surprise. Kiro's teeth became more pointed as his canines grew longer. He wouldn't go through the complete change if he didn't have to. He would have to run and burn off the leftover energy if he did.

As soon as the other vampires left the room, Ayore stood up and left. she shifted and flew up to the roof just in time to see the female vampire going for the shifter. She had just enough time to wonder why the girl didn't shift as she humanized mid-air and landed on the female vampire.

((If you want you can play as the female vampire as well. She is an NPC so you can also kill her off.))

The female hissed. She clawed and scratched at Ayore, but her fighting skills weren’t at all that great. She was young and weak. Not a good combination for a vampire fighting a shifter/vampire cross.

Kiro and the male scuffled a bit longer until Kiro finally was able to get a good hold on the vampires head and break the neck. The vampire went limp, but Kiro knew it would only last a little while. He looked around until he found a lead pipe on the ground next to the dumpster. The male had begun to come back around when Kiro snatched up the pipe and used it to stab the vampire in the heart. He hissed one last time as his body turned to ash.

Edited by RavynWolf

Hearing the words of the male and female, her eyes went open wide. What did they mean? Were they cannibals? And then suddenly everything happened too fast for Alyssa to fully follow. Out of nowhere, two extra people had shown up, one of them coming from the air? The garbage bag had dropped from her hands the moment the action had started. Seeing the attacking male was being taken care off, after all she had heard his neck snap, she focused upon the lithe female again. A woman had dropped out of the air on top of the girl, but though small and lithe, the girl crawled up again. Seeing her chance, Alyssa ran straight into her, knocking her backwards and giving a good kick to her face. Leaping over the girl lightly, Alyssa tried to make a run for it, almost skidding and slipping in the debris and filth laying across the alley.

Kiro knew that the other vampire would be taken care of. He ran towards Alyssa and grabbed her arm, picking her up off the ground. "You all right?" he asked. He looked her over carefully. She didn't seem hurt. She would be writhing in pain if they had bitten her to turn her. She had even kicked the female and tried to make a run for it. The only injuries he could think of her getting would be from the fall.

Then another thing came to mind. "Why didn't you shift?" He asked cautiously. Maybe she hadn't made her first shift yet. Maybe she doesn't even know about us. 'Us' being the immortal world.

With a decisive gesture, Marc Walsh drank up whatever was left in the glass he was holding and put it back onto the bar, a little harder than he had meant to. The glass made a loud sound, cathcing the attention of one of the waitresses. She looked at him with an irritated look on her face, that seemed to say ‘if you want another drink, just banging your empty glass isn’t enough! Seesh!’, but that might as well be Marcs imagination. He realised he was staring at the waitress, and quickly muttered for the bill. After he had paid it – eleven dollar and seventy cents – he suddenly realised the air inside was nausiating and the young man quickly exited the bar. Outside, he inhaled deeply, allowing the sharp, cold januari air fill his lungs. It wasn’t really fresh, mostly fumes from traffic and a hint at a garbage container somewhere close by.

Marc looked down the deserted street and tried to think of a place to go next. He decided that, as he didn’t even know what made him go to the bar in the first place, he might as well go home. He looked at the sky, sighed, and walked along the pavement. He heard some screaming somewhere, but it wasn’t really clear where it came from. He didn’t pay a lot of attention to it, untill he heard them very clearly as he walked past a small alley. Alerted, Marc looked into the alley.

After having been pulled upwards again, Alyssa pulled her arm free and took a couple of steps away from the man. Eyes narrowing slightly, she held her whole body in a pose of defense and anxiety. The moment he had pulled her up, she had seen the still smoldering ashes where the attacker had been. Remembering this man standing before her had been able to snap the neck of another, a shiver went through her spine.

“Wha- I- who was he and was he really planning on eating me? Wait, for that matter, what the hell are you? Shift? Did that water go to your brain? Talk English for a moment!” She seemed to be alright, that was a fact. Her attitude was slipping back in and was at its height for the moment as confusion and fear mingled inside to get the upper hand. But besides that were a couple of bruises the worst she had suffered.

So the she hadn't made her first shift. He listened as she rambled on for a bit. Once she was quiet enough he spoke. He tried to keep his words calming for he could smell the fear on her. "I knew these two were planning on attacking you as soon as they walked into the bar. Yes, he was planning on eating you. Well, more along the lines of drink your blood."

He paused for a moment to catch his breath before continuing. "I am... " How could he put this without scaring her even more. She obviously hadn't known a thing about the dark world. She deffininitly was in for a big surprise. "I am Kiro." He said as he bowed. "And no, I didn't let the water get to my head." Once done answering her questions he awaited a bombardment of a dozen more.

Edited by RavynWolf

But no more questions seemed to come. Alyssa just stood there, almost glaring at the man. Drink blood? Was he serious? She knew the stories, urban legends and fantasy stories. Vampires, those who feed from the blood of others. But those were stories, right? Probably one of them hardcore fans had gotten it in his head and thought himself to be a vampire. You sometimes had such people, unable to tell reality from fantasy. But this guy was talking as if it was real, as if they were indeed vampires. So that meant he either was a nutcase as well, or part of their gang. Either way, it concluded to him being dangerous. Moving slightly, she took a step backwards and sideways again, trying to get closer to the exit of the alley. The door to the bar was now behind the man, unreachable.

“And how did you know their plans, Kiro? And for that matter, how can you know and not call the cops on them?”

"Well, I know their little group, and they are pretty much bad people all around." He smirked at her comment of calling the cops. "They wouldn't last a minute in a fight with him unless they got a lucky shot in the heart. Then, he would only have run, and would have come back for you later. Only it would have been a bit more painful on your part, cause he would have been pretty ticked off."

Haveing to heal a wound to the heart sucks. He had one too many in his own lifetime. A hunter had seen him in his wolf form and he was a good shot. Luckily he had been fast enough to get away.

He watched as the shifter stepped back. She didn't quite trust this guy, and he could understand why. He had just killed someone in front of her, and she had only just met him. He held up his hands for her to see. "I just saved your life. I'm not going to hurt you." He offered.

Get a bullet in the heart and run? Shouldn’t people normally have to die when being shot in the heart? This was going just a tad too far. Fantasy was okay, she was quite a fan of it herself, but there was something like too much. And this was definitely proving to become too much for her. True, he had probably indeed saved her life, but he had killed someone! Another shiver ran through her spine and she almost visibly shook. Looking around almost wildly, she took another step backwards while another convulsive tremble shook her body.

What the hell is going on with me? I’ve been in fights before, I’ve been in trouble before. Why on earth am I reacting like this? I have to get out of here! Mark’ll pardon me, he’ll have to! Clarissa can take my tables for these few hours left, no problem! I have to get away!

Kiro saw her shaking. He wondered if she had ever been in a fight before, and maybe this had just scared her. He wasn't for sure, but it could also be.... "Are you allright?" He asked, worried. Who knew what she was. If she didn't know then her family wasn't around to tell her. Kiro would just have to stand back and be prepaired for anything.

Why was he so worried about this girl? She should be able to take care of herself, right? He had to get back in contact with Colin to figure out which town he would be going to next. But here he was. Trying to make sure that she was safe, and going to be ok.

((Stis isn't powerplaying whatsoever, you just forgot there was a guy standing there xd.png))

Astonished at what he had heard, Marc stayed put, determined to hear more. He knew this wasn’t his business, and somehow he had a feeling that this business had no intention of becoming his business, and more importantly, this definitely wasn’t the kind of business he wanted anything to do with. Walking home to his apartment without getting robbed, that was the kind of business Marc Walsh was currently in. Or so he told himself, because he was still standing next to the alleyway entry. Apparently, there was some kind of cannibalistic stalker cult, and the had tried to attack a girl. A guy who thought he was Blade recued her and now was hitting on her. At least, that was the most Marc could make of it. Seriously, when people get bored, they think of the most idiotic things to do! But he had heard screaming and he did believe the girl had been, and most probably still was in danger. Marc checked whether his handgun was still in place. He had bought it only days after his return. Feeling the familiar coldness and hardness made him feel a bit more comfortable. He still wasn’t sure about what he’d do. Stepping into the alleyway wouldn’t make any sense, since this wasn’t any of his business anyway.

Edit - spelling

Edited by MearaEris

Swallowing, Alyssa tried to get a grip on herself. Why was this happening to her? She had never reacted like this before, not even when in other fights the odds seemed against her. The man was right in his thoughts, her family had never been around to tell or explain anything. If they had, Alyssa might have realized she was very close to her first shifting. Hell, she would have known she could shift at all! Apparently the close contact with immortals, the vampires, shifter and werewolf combined with the fear and anxiety was slowly triggering those senses always hidden from all as well as herself. Not knowing what was happening, thinking she was coming down with some ailment, she kept walking backwards. Not daring to turn her back to the man nor the female who had come out of the sky, but just wanting to put as much distance between them and her, she kept going.

That is, until she wanted to turn the corner and bumped against someone. Turning and looking up, another shiver shook her body. All she could think at first was that they had her, that they had posted someone on the lookout to keep guard at the only exit and stop her. But then, while an even more convulsive shiver ran through her, her mind cleared up a little and she recognized the man as one of the silent regulars. Though she had never been one to call for help, always depending on her own devices, she was sure she had no other way out now. Whatever was ailing her, was clouding her mind and probably her defenses as well. Speaking, she heard her own voice going slightly rougher.

“You! Please, help me. Please?”

Edited by BlackScorpion7