Fran27

Ever had an influence fail?

It never failed with me, and I use it often biggrin.gif

Once it failed when influenced an egg and then teleported it thought.

Once you teleport an egg to another scroll or abandon, the influence disappears. Who ever gets it will have to re-influence it again.

Once you teleport an egg to another scroll or abandon, the influence disappears. Who ever gets it will have to re-influence it again.

Thank you didn´t know that <3

It's only failed when my scroll's gender balance was very out of whack compared to usual and it gendered to redress it.

I use Influence on literally almost all of my eggs, and it hasn't failed yet! biggrin.gif *knocks on wood*

It failed me only once! I influenced a nebula female, so I could have higher chances of getting a female alt. I was expecting, in the worst case, for the nebula not to alt. But it did alt. Not a female, though. xd.png

It has failed me about 2 or 3 times, a few weeks ago I influenced a Bronze Tinsel to continue the lineage and it gendered wrong. * flips laptop *

It's only failed when my scroll's gender balance was very out of whack compared to usual and it gendered to redress it.

Had not thought of that .. My scroll always seems to have a female bias, so that probably explains the three male Tinsels I got when I needed females to continue the stair.

Then again, the one time I really wanted a female .. this. dry.gif

I've never had an influence fail. I actually never knew they could fail?

Edited by shopgirl998

Multiple times. xd.png

when i was still hoarding trihorns, they seem to always gender male.

>.< out of every 5 trihorns i get there was only like 1 female.

influenced a few eggs but most still turned out male.

*anger*

(also with the speckles. i have 9 CB speckles and 2 are female.)

I'm hoping to have an influence fail because I influenced a tinsel wrong. dry.gif

Not that it's much of an issue given it's a tinsel of my own breeding, but meh. I don't like having to wait another week to breed another, I had a mate lined up for it and everything.

I was told a hatchling I got in trade was influenced to continue the lineage, but it gendered wrong. Not sure if that counts, since they didn't necessarily actually influence it, but still... >.>

Just a general question -

With Shimmers, while I still see mostly stair-step, there seems to be quite a few spirals. I don't remember this rate with Tinsels, but I do know that some of the ones from back then started from an influence fail.

So I was wondering if the new spate of spirals is simply an appreciation for a given lineage pattern, or if Shimmer influence has been somewhat problematic (as I've also seen a number of Shimmer lines broken further down). Anyone have any info?

I've seen someone's perfect staircase shimmer getting an influence fail...xd.png other than that, 1/4 of my tinsels gendered wrong even after influence (and some metallics too) *sigh*

I have, but only a few times. It's surprisingly successful.

There's a chance of failing? Hmm, now I'm hoping the pink I influenced to be female doesn't turn into a male, I have enough of those.

Now that I'm actually paying attention, I've had at least one influence fail. Possibly another two, but I think it was actually a case of me influencing the pair incorrectly.