Fran27

Ever had an influence fail?

My second Influence failed on my male Day Glory. ._. Wtf gives.

I usually influence shortly before hatching and I seem to have a fair number of fails. Do you guys without a lot of fails influence early on? Does that even make a difference, I wouldn't think so, but then again...?

I influence at all different times, and honestly I haven't noticed that it makes a difference.

It just seems to fail when I *really really really* need it not to fail (such as, a dragon with a very hard to duplicate lineage), as opposed to something I'm nonchalant about. Murphy's Law and all that jazz, ya know?

Just like refusals seem to be going for me...Every day dragon pairings, no problem. Dragon I spent months creating a mate for..BAM. Refusal. rolleyes.gif

*shakes fist at DC gods* xd.png

Just failed on a CB Skywing who was supposed to be a replacement for a male inbred adult of the same breed. Now that I think of it, she will make a good mate for my male Water, so not sure if it's bad luck or not.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I never had an influence fail. All the eggs I had influenced hatched out the right gender.

I've never had one fail, and I've used it since it came out. Although now that I've said something I'll probably have my first...

As far as I can tell, I've never had a failure with influence. I usually influence early, but I've had some that I forgot to influence, and then got them at the absolutely last possible moment, and they still succeeded.

As to releasing or trading, the BSA description says it "Wears off after abandonment or teleporting." If I made a mistake with influencing, I trade the egg to a friend, who trades it back, and I can correct the mistake to the other gender.

Yes. Rarely. Most recently (and *very* disappointingly) this 5th gen Dorkface, which was supposed to be MALE to continue the stair step. >.> The best lineage I've ever gotten for a Dorkface (and the shortest and the only one worth the name) and it genders wrong. And I'm 95% certain I influenced it male.

Bringing back to the front.

I've maybe had a few failures in the past but pretty much all my speckle-throats have been influenced lately as well as all my metals that I've kept lately and none have failed.

I've had it fail once or twice. But 98% of the time it has worked, so I still use it all the time. It's still the best guarantee you will get the gender you want.

Edited by Riverwillows

It never failed with me, and I use it often biggrin.gif

Once it failed when influenced an egg and then teleported it thought.

I needed one more female CB Vine to complete my scroll, so I caught a CB Vine, influenced it female and waited. It gendered male. I abandoned it, caught another CB Vine, influenced it female - again, it gendered male. One week ago I caught another CB Vine, influenced it and finally I got my long-desired female. Oh well. It always worked on every other egg I tried it on so I guess this was just bad luck.

They definitely do fail sometimes. It's a tiny percentage of the time, but I've had a couple of them occur at the most soul-crushing times, LOL!

Yup, I've had a few fails (maybe 2 or 3? something along those lines). It hasn't happened too often though, so I'm not complaining.

It is a bit frustrating though, when it does happen xd.png

I use influence regularly. So far I had only one influence fail. But it was something that I replaced very easy.

It hasn't failed for me yet, although I use it regularly. *knocks on wood*

My first Pink male seemed to be a Super-Influencer; whenever I used him, all the eggs turned male, not just the one I used with him. There was another Pink male whose Influence always seemed to fail. While I never use either of them anymore, I have had random fails since then, always when I most need the influenced gender. dry.gif

I decided at some point to make sure I use Incubate before I use the Influence, and I think this may work in minimizing my fails, knock on wood. Has anyone else noticed the order of applying BSAs making a difference?

Is influence-fail a total myth?

I've never experienced this before

Is influence-fail a total myth?

I've never experienced this before

Not a myth biggrin.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6I2AL

and I have others that messed up too

I believe there have been a couple of shimmers that had their influence fail too, has to be extremely frustrating

Yep. A lot more than before. I'd be bummed out about the latest - which throws breeding plans on the midden - but I just caught my very first Caveborn Metal!!!

I've only had one fail so far (on a Tinsel), hopefully that's my only one. *knocks on wood*