Fran27

Ever had an influence fail?

Just had a BBW misgender. And I was so happy to get him a name that was available and relevant to his mother, gah! Oh well, I'm keeping the name. Gonna give her a gender confused description instead. =P

so far none of my influences failed and my most recent influence which was to get a female CB ice dragon... would have got me angry if it failed... I already have a male so I need a female and I got it easily.

I've had way too many fails to keep count. Stupid dragons have their own ideas of what they want to become...

Influence fail on a thunder: tried to get a male, ended up female! Only once, though. Was so surprised when it happened.

Maybe twice..the second one being yesterday. mad.gif I really wanted a boy!

On vampires only... I like to hoard male vampires but 3 of my influences have gone fail... or maybe I just got messed up, but I don't think so... dry.gif On other breeds it works fine.

I've had a couple. Mostly it only happens to me with lineaged dragons that I can't just easily replace. Murphy's Law, I suppose. dry.gif

I just had my first influence fail.. my first gold hatchy it turned female

I've had one fail once. One of my Vamps was supposed to be a female. Gendered male.

Just had my first. Considering how many influences I've done - no great catastrophe.

I had my first yesterday - a CB Tan Ridgewing that I had caught myself and influenced to be male, gendered female. Fortunately I was able to quickly trade for a new CB Tan Ridgewing egg, so I'm crossing my fingers that that one *will* gender male.

I failed for the first time today with a Swallowtail. Was trying to get a female, but ended up with a male. Good thing I like the male hatchling sprite as much as I like the adult (I prefer males) so I froze it. biggrin.gif Guess that gives me a 99% success rate, given that I influence a lot and haven't failed before.

I'll try again later; do want a complete male/female set.

Haven't failed yet either, at least not with an influence. e.e

My first influence actually failed, haha xd.png

Since then I've had a few but most of the time it's reliable tongue.gif

An Influence failed on my male Daydream. :/ First time that happened.

It failed once, but I got the hatchie from someone else, so there is the question of whether they actually influenced it....

I usually influence shortly before hatching and I seem to have a fair number of fails. Do you guys without a lot of fails influence early on? Does that even make a difference, I wouldn't think so, but then again...?

Edited by Tawanda001

I usually influence shortly before hatching and I seem to have a fair number of fails. Do you guys without a lot of fails influence early on? Does that even make a difference, I wouldn't think so, but then again...?

I influence really early and haven't had a fail yet. Maybe it doesn't have 'as much time to influence' on the egg if you do it right before it hatches?

I've honestly been going under the assumption that influences work 100% of the time, and fails were either just "friend of a friend" rumors, people who thought they influenced but actually forgot, people who thought they influenced one way but accidentally did the other (did this once myself, and didn't realize until the hatchie gendered and I looked at my pinks to see who was still on cooldown), or mistaken assumptions about influences sticking on traded eggs.

It failed once for me, on my CB Nilia when they were first released. I named her "Lereb," which is rebel spelled backwards, as a fun little reminder. ;3

It failed once for me, on my CB Nilia when they were first released. I named her "Lereb," which is rebel spelled backwards, as a fun little reminder. ;3

If it was 'rebel' spelled backwards, wouldn't her name be 'Leber'? :P