Fran27

Ever had an influence fail?

Influence has failed once with me, and I do use it frequently enough. http://dragcave.net/lineage/Cdck This Vampire of mine, was influenced to be male due to it's code I was going call it Dark Cadak - Cadak being a character I use in role playing who can be a bit contrary.

I don't know if it was the name of the character, that jinxed the dragon or just a failure in influence. Since, the vamp decided to be as contrary as her name sake she ended up with the male name anyways.

Edited by Ramica

I've had influence fail on me once, ages and ages ago.

Fortunately it wasn't too important - I use influence not only for breeding projects, but also to even out the genders of each breed of dragon on my scroll.

I wasn't near my goal for both genders, so it was no big deal, although it did make it more important that my other influences worked. tongue.gif

Whenever my male to female ratio gets too far male or too far female (about 30ish dragons more than the opposite gender) my influences begin to fail.

I've never actually had an influence fail, and I've influenced a decent amount of eggs.

Lucky me? :'D

I've only had influence fail once or twice. It wasn't a big deal when it did.

I use it a fair amount, for lineages. I've been building my scroll to have male and female pairs of every breed in the cave, so usually I will let the first egg of a breed I get gender however, and then influence the second egg to be opposite. I have a really balanced scroll gender-wise because of that, so maybe that helps.

I've heard that influence holds better on eggs with more time left. Not sure about this, since I always influence eggs before they hit 4d 0h and I pry them open with the ER crowbar. But I am tempted to say that one of my influence fails was on an egg that had less than 4d left.

Edited by jerusha

Once that I remember. And it was a tinsel.

But I think all the others have worked out well.

C4.

I don't think I've ever had an influence fail, and I hope it will never happen with important eggs.

yup, on tinsels

maybe 5 times since the BSA came out

I use it often so 5 times max outta hundreds isn't bad wink.gif

I think I posted on this before, saying I've never had an influence fail. Now I can officially say that it did. My CB Thunder was supposed to be male and it gendered female. I've already got a CB Thunder female, who is a picky breeder too.

Uhh... maybe once. I tried to influence a CB Swallowtail, but the hatchie gendered male... but I can't remember if I even influenced it at all. o_O

But anyway, I don't think I've ever had an influence fail. I don't use it much, mostly when I try to create a nice lineage or something.

I've had several fail, and it's always the ones when it matters the most. blink.gif Most recent was my Gold Tinsel staircase, gifted to me as a hatchling, but the gifter had influenced it to follow the line. Also had one gender correctly as a hatchling, then change gender when it became an adult! huh.gif

Haven't had one fail yet and I'll knock on wood to make sure it never does =B

I don't influence all that often, so on the occasion I do you know it's for a good reason.

2 of my tinsels failed. >.<

...I'm 80% sure I influenced them at least... my bronzexember was the only one of that lineage I had yet too...

I had one fail once. I think it was a mint.

They all seem to have a strong desire to be females for some reason. I had only one male out of 4 or 5 total before influence came out.

I think I've had one failure...of course, when influencing male/female pairs of the same species, if they both failed, I might not have noticed.

Since the influence BSA came out I've always used it, but I never had a fail.

I think I've had two or three, but there's a good chance that one of those was user error. I have no way of making sure at this point now xd.png

I've never had an influence fail before, but according to some of the posts I've read (not in this thread), an influence fail exists. Though I let dragons gender on their own since I didn't care about lineages much. Though when I was just starting my super inbred ridgewing lineage, I completely forgot that influence existed. There goes getting used to the old DC, before BSAs existed.

Yep. Failed on me three times in a row on the other clutch of eggs I had. My CB water female refused the mate I wanted for her, so I picked up another CB water egg and influenced it as a replacement x3 I influenced two other eggs female as well, but all three eggs gendered male.

Annoying D:

Ive had 2 and they really made me mad. I usually have more males than females, so I will always influence 1/2 to be female. I influenced a CB Pink and it turned out male, I cant remember what the second incident was

Edited by Queen Firebreath