Fran27

Ever had an influence fail?

Well, my first Influence Fail occured today...

Both hatchies gendered male, even if I influenced one of them female...

Once I think. Tried to influence my red stripe with my male pink, but it turned out to be a female. >_>

Several times, about 6-7 in the months I have been on DC actually. And I haven't influenced that much, so I have apparently been incredibly unlucky with that!

Edited by RaiOkami

I am so hoping I'll have an influence fail this time... I just used the wrong gender for it... rolleyes.gif

I am so hoping I'll have an influence fail this time... I just used the wrong gender for it... rolleyes.gif

I know personally I've had some influences fail - but I think there's been a time where I've used the wrong pink and then thought it failed...

Question: If you have an influence fail, is there still a chance that it can be the gender you wanted to influence? Like, if I had a mint egg that I wanted to influence male, but it failed, is there still the 50% chance that it would inherently be male?

thanks for answers. biggrin.gif

I had my first influence failure about three weeks ago. The bluna I influenced to be female turned male instead. However, we also recieved a message from TJ the day after that lagging on the site had been caused by vibrations of the equipment loosening certain wires at the server company. The cave was down two or three times for small amounts of time. I attributed it to minor information loss, since I influenced the egg between cave down times.

If I'm not mistaken, I think once you influence an egg, it has a 98% chance of being that gender. It might be more or less, but it's something high like that. Personally, I've never had influencing not work.

Same here, never had an influence fail. Yet. I've used it more than 15 times by now I'm sure, and I'm waiting to see if my flamingo egg genders female as influenced.

I use influence constantly and rely on it for breeding pairs. It has never failed me as of yet and I'm glad! I would definitely remember an influence going wrong, heh. Maybe my pair of pinks are just nice to me. tongue.gif I need to get more so that I can influence more eggs at a time.

To me influence fortunately failed only 1 time smile.gif the problem has been that I have to wait a month to find another egg of that kind and get a male dragon xd.png

I'm not sure if I've ever had a failure. Maybe, I've just been very lucky.

Yes, but it's VERY rare. Maybe like 1 failure in 50 or something. It's happened to me a handful of times, including to a tinsel egg. :/ But it fails so rarely that I really can't complain!

I haven't had a failure yet, although I do wonder if that's because it really hasn't failed at all, or if I've just lost track of what I influenced to be what.

i've had it fail only once, and it was like a double-take. i looked at the hatchie and was like..."didn't i influence you male?" i'd especially hate to have influence fail on tinsel lineages, especially if you traded for it...like let's say you get a 3-4th gen. and it genders wrong? i'd punch something lol.

Yes, once out of dozens of influences. It was the one of the few I really wanted of a certain gender too. Ironically, the egg was a pink

Yep, I've had a few influence fails. Can't remember on which dragons though. I'm pretty thankful that I can't remember - means that it wasn't an important dragon that a whole breeding project was hinging on or something. tongue.gif

*knocks on wood* <_>