Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

Goshdangit, now I'm in the mood to redo my graphics for Concord and Sen, and I want to finally get around to rewriting Concord's profile because I'm not entirely satisfied with the old one, and I want to get caught up... and I have a big project proposal and an essay draft due tomorrow and it's past 1am already. I just want to hide in a cave and write, and GIMP, and sleep.

I will get caught up, I swear. I seriously freaking want to force Concord to start interacting with the group.

* shamelessly posts link*

Am poor Elsy *hugs* I hope you get all your work done, and in the future get it done in a timely manner that doesn't have you up at 1am.

I can't wait to see what Concord will do when you force him to interact with the group~

Oooooh something to read!! Will read tomorrow after Mage--when my week begins to settle down a tad.

And Con? Probably whine and feel victimized like the sorry creature he is, but it'll be fun to write and even more fun try and roleplay him through *gasp* changing. Hopefully.

>w<

Good to hear it'll settle down~ *knocks on wood*

Lol, it's always fun to make your character feel miserable~ *is sadistic towards her characters*

Thanks for posting, mya. ^^

Good luck with that, Kenosis~ I say two weeks, but knowing me, I'm probably going to take three weeks to finish all the posts I need.

You always have so many essays to do, Nessie. That must be so exhausting. x.X Don't stress too much about interactions for now. :] When two/three weeks comes, you can do that. For now, it's still good~

Though it would still be really great if you could. lol

Oooh a story! I'll read it when I have time. ^^ Right now, I'm a bit busy (as always). My aunt's husband flew over to visit for the new year (which was two weeks ago), so my parents invited him and his family over for lunch.

Anyway, before I forget!

Once I move the plot along, I will not[/i] be accepting any more characters. Well, maybe I'll find a way to open up a few Downworlder spots, but I definitely will not be taking hybrids at all. I'm forcing myself to clench my teeth on this, because it's going to be too difficult and too awkward (if that's the right word for it) to incorporate anyone else in. Therefore, if you are even thinking about inviting a friend or taking on another character, you should do it now, before it's too late. (Wow, that sounds really ominous, the way I worded all that).

The second thing I wanted to bring up isn't really that important. It's just a random idea I had. I was thinking that it would be fun if we had a little chat thread for our characters; I've seen other RP threads do it before. The biggest problem that I see with that, though, is that our characters don't really even know each other, so creating a chat thread for them to interact would probably make things complicated. Still, I figured it would be a good idea to bring this up, in case it might spark anything from you guys. :]

EDIT: Oh, I forgot!

I put up Anrion's blurb, for all those who are interested. Plus, I fixed the little mistakes in the coding--or at least all of the ones that I noticed.

Edited by Mangaholic

A chat thread sounds FANTASTIC!!

Also, I am going to pipe up just for a sec--when it comes to cutting off hybrid additions, I tend to think we maaay want to fill in the empty Mountain Court spaces before doing so. How you respond to this comment is up to you, and it's not really an issue, just a thought.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also that Rose Court space that Lakshmi left behind.

Edited by Elsendor

Just checking in to say that I'm totally still here! Just... busy. ;_;

I swear I'll read all the IC and OOC posts tomorrow but I'll have to crash for tonight.

Manga...how much time do I have?

Edit: You may as well take my reserved spot away, but just in case, I'd like to know how much time. Unless that deadline has already passed, and then never mind X3

Edited by futurelibkeeper

Sorry for being sparse, you guys. I've had a bad week yet again, but I've calmed down for the most part. Unfortunately, I have an English essay and a whole chapter to outline for history this weekend. So much for a long weekend. /sighs

Well, if the idea of a chat thread sounds good, I'll see about starting one. :] We'll have to go find a place to start it, though. And also, considering I've hardly had the time to log into Tumblr, this might take awhile. ><

Well, it's not so much that I just want to close the spots as that it would be rather difficult to incorporate any more new characters in, especially since so much has happened. Hopefully, we'll be able to fill in those open spots, though. That would be great. ^^ If not, we have enough characters for our prophecy~

Don't worry about it, Lily. I'm no better. xP

Libbie, I know I said I was going to move the plot in two weeks, but considering the pace at which I'm going right now, you still have about two weeks. x3 I have to wait for Lily to reply for Kathy, so I can post for Sadine as well.

There's no need to take away your reserved spot. ;D We have three or four other spots that need filling up; if anyone else wants to join, they can just go for those spots.

Oh yeah, speaking of which: I say two weeks, but it would be best if you could finish the profile by next week; you still have to write an intro post for your character and read the entire IC thread. It's a lot to do, I know. I wish you good luck. xP

sd;lfkj MIDTERMS ARE OVER! \\\o/// Finally~~~ 6 midterms are horrid, horrid things. ;_;

I'll get a Kathy post up over the weekend, promise. ^^

Six midterms o.0 That does sound horrible. I don't think I've ever had that many exams in a row before. Thank goodness.

I don't know why, but I thought that flashback was so adorable. xP

I still haven't started working on any posts yet. I'll do that . . . eventually. My aunt from Missouri has come over to visit us for the week, so I think I'll be even busier. It doesn't feel right, after all, to spend so much time on the computer while she sits around, not knowing what to do. x3

EDIT: And I still need to read your story, Kira. D<

Edited by Mangaholic

Halfway through a Con-post, which is the slowest going. Once I get him out of the way, Sen and Ancadel should be a little easier.

In other news, Manga, I we haven't chatted in AGES. ;] We should! I also have a question or to about Concord's post.

Yeah! It has been a long time!

Well, shoot me the question through FB. I'll answer it whenever I have the time. ^^ It's not a very efficient method, but considering we're never online at the same time, it seems to be our best option. x3

midterms and family! busy busy busy at my end very sorry!

Short Con-postie has happened!! Apologies for short and sucky, I just really wanted to get him back to the group so he can do things. Sort of. Yeah. Mostly I want to get on with writing my new character and my Senpostie. Love you all!!

Jaina! I was wondering where you had gone! Thanks for the heads-up. ^^

And if you guys haven't already guessed, Nessie has reserved yet another court spot--the Rose one, in fact. Yes, she's going to be in charge of two Rose hybrids. But oh well. :P

I just have to go and actually fill that in. >.>

I have started on my first post, and it's going quite well. ^^

Unfortunately, I'm going to be having extra classes on Saturday from 8:00 to 2:00 to practice for the end of the year exam. /sighs

Manga, sent you my profile stuffs--sorry it was a day late. I have a couple of things I want to go over with you before I finalize and post them, though, so please do get in contact with me sometime this evening, if possible! I'll be around--I leave YIM logged in all the time, so if my computer is on, I'll respond.

Hopefully I'll ttyl!

Elsey, do you have anything more planned for that hat? Are we're going to jump forward in time at all soon? You don't need me to post, do you? I placed Danni in a spot where she would be out of the way and waiting for things to move on >.>

So, let me know.

Blarghedy blargh. Nessie has had a very icky couple of weeks, full of lack of motivation and feeling meh and not being able to get schoolwork let alone funwork done. :/ She should be getting back on the ball now, though, because yesterday she had some nice talksies with friendsies that have her feeling much better than she has in at least two weeks. Sooo... yeah. Writing a couple of papers, getting her life back in shape.

tl;dr: Nessie needs to stop being fragile and emotional all the time.

Baw, Nessie *hugs*

You can be tough o3o Believe in the me that believes in you! Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

Oh wait, this isn't an anime >.>

Anyways~ Get your stuff done~ I'm sure you can do it if you set your mind on it.

Sorry, Kira! We still haven't moved yet. I'm waiting for Nessie, Libbie, and Kenosis to get their characters to Ileia's house before I make my post. After that, we all should have reason to post. Just keep updated with the threads, and you should be fine for now. ;D

Aww, Nessie! D: Hope things get better on your end! Or I guess I should hope that by now, there's no need for such words.

Libbie, sorry! I'll get back to you as soon as I have the time. While you're waiting, you should probably get started on your character's blurb.

Oh, Nessie, if I somehow don't forget, I'm going to send an email/PM your way. It's nothing major--just a little question.

Aaand I have something sort of relevant and irrelevant at the same time to say, and it's probably going to sound absurd, but don't laugh on me. ;-; I thought it might stir up some interesting debate, or at least make you all think I'm crazy. It's probably going to be the latter. >.>

The other day, my family and I were watching a ghost movie, and in the midst of it, my mom started retelling several of her ghost stories, particularly the one about her aunt and her ghost husband. Suddenly, I had a thought that faeries and ghosts are quite similar in some respects. They both only allow certain people to see them, they're both mainly active at night, they both can take lovers/mates/whatever-you-want-to-call-it amongst humans, they both screw with you if you piss them off, they both live in their own worlds separate from our own unless they need help, et cetera.

I'd known that in Irish mythology, a lot of fey are actually vengeful spirits, but I never paid that part much mind until a few days ago, and I've been thinking about the possibility that both are the same quite a bit lately. I mean, there are celestial faeries that live up in the trees and in the skies or whatnot, but I always thought of them as more of lesser gods and goddesses. Faeries seem to have qualities of both ghosts and lesser deities (or at least the qualities of those in my belief).

I know I sound really crazy and pagan right now, but I figured that the best place to spout my nonsense would be here. >< The majority of people don't believe in pagan religions anymore, but putting religion aside, my farfetch'd ideas might spark some plot idea or debate. I had a lot more to say earlier, but I can't remember what it all was.

EDIT: Whooo, my craziness gets to be at the top of the page.

Edited by Mangaholic

You're not crazy, you're just using your imagination~ <3

Though, I'm wondering what your point was with all of that XD Are you suggesting something along the lines of more ghost like faeries? more god/goddess like faeries? Have ghost like characters? Faerie/ghost/god/goddess like characters? :U

I'm sorry, maybe I'm just really sleepy, but what was the point in the stuff about fey and ghosts? It's really interesting but I'm trying to figure out what sort of an answer you're looking for. -fail-

Also, got your email, replied. I've been gone on spring break vacationy thingy and I'm sort of catching up on life because I had no internets and I am soooo behind now. Missed you guys, glad to be back!!

Actually, I don't remember anymore. x3 I was so preoccupied with the thought that I just blurted it all out, and now . . . I've forgotten what the point of it was. I think I was just so freaked out by the thought of ghosts and faeries being the same thing, since I do believe in faeries (not MS faeries, of course!).

I did go and ask my mom about it, to which she answered, "Yes, except faeries are higher and more beautiful than are ghosts." So Kira's right. I'm not crazy. 8D But unfortunately, I'm not using my imagination either. I'm just looking too deeply into things. /shot

I have spring break next week! Then, afterward, I have to take a mock exam every Saturday of April, and then the last week of April is STAR testing. Then the entire second week of May is AP testing for me, and the last week is finals week. I also have a project to do, and possibly more stuff. OTL