Branndi

Twilight

biggrin.gif

*smiles to self*

(My mind will rot uder the pressure of their evil grins when I make that question... I better should look as happy as I can before making the question at all... Well, except Panlah's, she seems to hate the series enough to read them)

*keeps smiling*

So...

(Here comes the wave of ill looks... This feels almost like suicide.)

What is this Twilight thing, anyway? I never heard of it.

(that's it... I'm dead)

Ignore Panlah's hatred Lol

Twilight is a book series by Stephenie Meyers. It consists of four books: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight's wiki site Maybe this will be a little more helpful and stuff since when I tend to describe the series I end up telling people the whole story Lol

So breaking down, the one everybody seems to hate, is the last one?

Well, I'm sorry for the fans on that account.

I just finished reading the second book; AND. IT. WAS. ABSOLUTELY. AMAZING. I have to borrow the third and fourth from a friend though; nearly everyone in my "group" of friends is OBSESSED with Twilight. tongue.gif

I LOVE ITT~!!

I cant wait till I get my hands on the next two books! AND MIDNIGHT SUN WHEN IT COMES OUT!

I loved all the books, even the 3rd one, though the 2rd one wasn't too great. the ending was awesome though. I really like the last book, everyone around me seems to hate it though >.> don't know why I love it just as much as the others...though they could of given the baby a better name -.-

So breaking down, the one everybody seems to hate, is the last one?

Well, I'm sorry for the fans on that account.

I haven't read the last one, but I've read spoilers, quotes, snippets, all that.

It made my want to claw my eyes out.

Favorite quote ever is "!!!!"

xSingdrops: You're one the of the few people I know then who really love New Moon. I liked the book too but alot of people found it boring towards the middle. But I glad you liked it! smile.gif You'll love Eclipse. Don't know about Breaking Dawn though.

Nova_inkheart: You're actually not the first person who said they liked Breaking Dawn. On TwilightMoms, there were alot of people who loved the book. I am one of those who didn't like it but I am glad you did. I just wish I could see what you did so I could love it too Lol

Quintafeira12: Thank you for your sympathy laugh.gif But yeah, it's Breaking Dawn that alot of the fans are upset with. We all love/really like the other three, but Breaking Dawn is booo!!

I just finished reading the second book; AND. IT. WAS. ABSOLUTELY. AMAZING. I have to borrow the third and fourth from a friend though; nearly everyone in my "group" of friends is OBSESSED with Twilight. tongue.gif

I LOVE ITT~!!

I cant wait till I get my hands on the next two books! AND MIDNIGHT SUN WHEN IT COMES OUT!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who liked New Moon (second only to Eclipse)! Beware of Breaking Dawn though...

The only one I actually /liked/ the best was New Moon, and pretty much the only reason I did was because Jacob was my favorite character. ._.

I liked Jacob best in New Moon too. We didn't see alot of him in Twilight and then in Eclipse, he just seemed a little more whiny to me. I still liked him sort of in Breaking Dawn and his book was amusing...just not as much as I would have liked to.

Oh well. I got to see Jacob at his best, then. I really, really don't want to read Breaking Dawn. I can't hate the series any more than I do, which says something.

You have read the other three so now you have to read the fourth with the rest of us and suffer our pain tongue.gif

@ Branndi: I really liked the beginning of the book, how close Edward and Bella really were and the part where Bella was first turned into a vampire, how she hunted and all that. Though I dont unserstand why people dont like it lol.

@ Branndi: I really liked the beginning of the book, how close Edward and Bella really were and the part where Bella was first turned into a vampire, how she hunted and all that. Though I dont unserstand why people dont like it lol.

It's just vice versa for me.....I don't understand how people did like it Lol

I thought that the wedding could have been better, that Jacob turning into a jerk at the wedding was completely uncalled for, and I hated the whole vampire thing for Bella. I was rooting for her to become a vampire but I was so angry that everything came so easily for her. She didn't suffer through anything after her change like normal people and that really wasn't fair. She went from being to some teenage kid to like a vampire God and it was so annoying.

Edited by Branndi

What happened to Bella after she was changed was part of being a Mary Sue, which people hate. Being a newborn was so easy for her. She resisted the smell of human blood like she'd been a vampire as long as Carlisle. She made no almost no sacrifices compared to some of the other vampires, yet she is given the credit for winning battle after battle. She gets EVERYTHING she wanted with nothing lost.

People wanted there to be turmoil. People wanted less of a happy ending. Some people wanted pain, some people wanted a battle. Did they get it? No. Even then, the plot itself is extremely thin, building up to this maginicent climax at the end where people hoped to see come Volturi versus Cullen action. They left with an "Oops, my bad!"

Even the vampire birth is laden with inconsistancies. Meyer said it HERSELF that vampires are unable to have children, or even impregnant because they only have venom as a bodily fluid. That means no sperm for Edward, yet he still managed to give Bella a child.

I suggest THIS thread

When you read deep into it and see some of the facts that the Antis at twilightsucks.com have put out, you can start seeing why people hate the books as much as they do.

Edited by Panlah

What happened to Bella after she was changed was part of being a Mary Sue, which people hate. Being a newborn was so easy for her. She resisted the smell of human blood like she'd been a vampire as long as Carlisle. She made no almost no sacrifices compared to some of the other vampires, yet she is given the credit for winning battle after battle. She gets EVERYTHING she wanted with nothing lost.

People wanted there to be turmoil. People wanted less of a happy ending. Some people wanted pain, some people wanted a battle. Did they get it? No. Even then, the plot itself is extremely thin, building up to this maginicent climax at the end where people hoped to see come Volturi versus Cullen action. They left with an "Oops, my bad!"

Even the vampire birth is laden with inconsistancies. Meyer said it HERSELF that vampires are unable to have children, or even impregnant because they only have venom as a bodily fluid. That means no sperm for Edward, yet he still managed to give Bella a child.

And that right there is why I am so disappointed with the book.

But the ending just ends. What about Jacob and Nessie? Do we assume they grow up and have some oddball happy ending? I could name character after character and say, "What about them?" because it seems like all Stephanie was interested in was tying up Bella and Edward's lives in a happy little package and leaving everyone else's lives open for speculation.

Just boooo! mad.gif hehe

What's why people say she has no real plot. The story is about Bella and Edward, but she tosses in all of these devides and sub-plots and characters, and when you get down to it where did it all really go?

What's why people say she has no real plot. The story is about Bella and Edward, but she tosses in all of these devides and sub-plots and characters, and when you get down to it where did it all really go?

Exactly!

The entire series is based around two people and suddenly by the second book we're focusing on another character who steps up to become the new main male role, then he's shuffled to the back once Edward reappears and it's like... where did all these characters go and what happens to them? It's almost as if she got bored with them and tried to write them out/sum up their stories as quickly as possible so she could keep the focus on Bella and Edward and by doing that, she just hurt herself in the process.

Exactly!

The entire series is based around two people and suddenly by the second book we're focusing on another character who steps up to become the new main male role, then he's shuffled to the back once Edward reappears and it's like... where did all these characters go and what happens to them? It's almost as if she got bored with them and tried to write them out/sum up their stories as quickly as possible so she could keep the focus on Bella and Edward and by doing that, she just hurt herself in the process.

Her "plot" had a lot of potential. But she has absolutely no writing skills.

It's really sad that out of that whole book I wanted to know what happened to Leah more than I did the others. I get all drawn into her story and then bam...she goes bye bye and no more out of Leah.