Branndi

Twilight

My favorite characters are Alice and Jasper!

I'm not on team jacob or edward because I hate the both

As for alpha male, I think they would have taken on whatever social structure of the animal they transformed to. Wolves (and gorillas, innit?) have alphas, other species would have different structure, therefore if the guy had picked some other animal then the chain of command, if there was one, would have been different.

BUT HEY WEREWOLVES (EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT WEREWOLVES) ARE COOL AND CLICHE AND IT'S SO EASY TO HAVE A HUMAN CHIEF AUTOMATICALLY LEAD THE WOLF PACK JUST 'CAUSE AND YEAH LOLOLOL.

Also, this is really rambly and I probably forgot something, so yeah.

/strolls off whistling

Instead of wolves, let's go with spotted hyenas. Why? Because:

Group size is variable; a "clan" of spotted hyenas can include 5–90 members and is led by a single alpha female called the matriarch.

But that would be too actual female empowering and not false empowering for Meyer's taste, wouldn't it?

Also, Stomboli, that link. It is amazing. biggrin.gif

Edited by terioncalling

Instead of wolves, let's go with spotted hyenas. Why? Because:

Group size is variable; a "clan" of spotted hyenas can include 5–90 members and is led by a single alpha female called the matriarch.

But that would be too actual female empowering and not false empowering for Meyer's taste, wouldn't it?

... I would have liked to see Leah Clearwater in such a role.

Probs the only character I truly like from those books anymore. She was angry and snippy, but she had a reason to be.

... I would have liked to see Leah Clearwater in such a role.

Probs the only character I truly like from those books anymore. She was angry and snippy, but she had a reason to be.

The reason why she was angry and snippy was because;

"Bwaaa, Bwaaa! My boyfriend dumped me!!! BWAAA!"

Ehem...

I don't think I can save any of her characters at this point.

Now for a little anecdote. I've been this weekend off with a few friends.

One of them, a guy, whose girlfriend left him 4 YEARS AGO, is still all depressed and sad because he can't be with her.

The other, a woman who had been dumped a bare 2 weeks ago, a week to be married, was all; "Oh, scr... him! I can't be mopping around for a guy!"

Now those two, who are real people, would be interesting characters to write about.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

"Bwaaa, Bwaaa! My boyfriend dumped me!!! BWAAA!"

Ehem...

I don't think I can save any of her characters at this point.

Now for a little anecdote. I've been this weekend off with a few friends.

One of them, a guy, whose girlfriend left him 4 YEARS AGO, is still all depressed and sad because he can't be with her.

The other, a woman who had been dumped a bare 2 weeks ago, a week to be married, was all; "Oh, scr... him! I can't be mopping around for a guy!"

Now those two, who are real people, would be interesting characters to write about.

I dunno, I'd be a bit angry too if I discovered later that my boyfriend had dumped me for my cousin because they were super special sooooooooulmates and psuedo-werewolfism says so. That's 'cause it's just stupid, though.

What would have been cool to read was him giving a big "F- you!" to that and sticking with her. That would have been a story.

That guy needs a kick in the pants.

And that woman gets points of awesome. Screw him indeed.

It's not all "baww my boyfriend dumped me." Within two years she had to go through her boyfriend of four years disappearing, starting to think he was dead, then having him come back and refuse to tell anyone where he was. There's a fun bunch of emotional ups and downs. Then, just as they start to work things out and return to relative normality, he dumps her for her favorite cousin. Then her cousin is "attacked by a bear." A few months later, her father dies of a heart attack triggered by seeing his son and daughter suddenly exploding into wolves. So she caused her father's death, and is now sharing her brain with ten or so guys, including her ex boyfriend and her baby brother. Oh, and at this point she would also be informed that the "bear" that mauled her cousin IS her ex boyfriend. Who is now engaged to Emily.

So she has all this going on, and not even the privacy of her mind to deal with it.

She could have been a good character, I think.

The books were some of the best books I've read. I don't really talk about it much anymore, it's pretty much like a fad. At first I was obsessing over the books, and now I'm kinda sick of them. The movies and the fangirls annoy me. I asked a girl if she liked Twilight and she replied, "The books have too many words. I only watch the movies because they have Taylor Lautner." It was better when it was less popular.

If you ever see that girl again, give her a slap from me. Say it was from Ruins, a girl who grew up reading Dracula...

I asked a girl if she liked Twilight and she replied, "The books have too many words. I only watch the movies because they have Taylor Lautner."

ROFLMAO

That girl isn't making it any easier for fans of the books xd.png

A while ago I was looking for a book to read and I came across a list of feminist books. Twilight was on it. Sorry, but no. The books make girls come across as too dependent on guys. It goes along with the idea that we need to have a boyfriend because we just couldn't stand being single. Right.

I do like Stephanie Meyer's writing, but the plot annoys me sooo much.

The books were some of the best books I've read. I don't really talk about it much anymore, it's pretty much like a fad. At first I was obsessing over the books, and now I'm kinda sick of them. The movies and the fangirls annoy me. I asked a girl if she liked Twilight and she replied, "The books have too many words. I only watch the movies because they have Taylor Lautner." It was better when it was less popular.

Why did you find them so good?

Why did you find them so good?

Probably becasue of the original, realistic characters, awesome plot, and the great writing. *coughsarcasmlol*

Edward is a fairy, Bella is a Mary-Sue and Jacob is a pedophile. Deal with it.

... Please do not post several times in a row.

If you have something to add, edit your previous post.

Why do you like Twilight?

A cr@ppy singer dude, most of his lyrics are Baby, Baby, Oh, and Baby, followed by First, Love, and Thirteen.

... He really sounds like a chipmunk, too.

Omg a chipmunk! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif HAHA

Twilight is not one my favorite books....BELLA NEED TO MAKE UP HER MIND!

My English teacher made life worth living today. She TRASHED Twilight, and completely outright.

She tells us we shouldn't use it as an example on our midterm, because it is not a "viable piece of literature." She went on to say that it will die as a fad, and quickly. She said the only thing keeping it alive now is melodramatic teenage girls who have no idea what is going on. She called it sub-par. She ranted for a good 15 minutes with valid points as to why it was bad.

My life is now complete.

My English teacher made life worth living today. She TRASHED Twilight, and completely outright.

She tells us we shouldn't use it as an example on our midterm, because it is not a "viable piece of literature." She went on to say that it will die as a fad, and quickly. She said the only thing keeping it alive now is melodramatic teenage girls who have no idea what is going on. She called it sub-par. She ranted for a good 15 minutes with valid points as to why it was bad.

My life is now complete.

Good for your teacher!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just out of (morbid) curiousity, what is Bella's mutant baby like?

I wanna know, I'm just like that- it's like slowing down when you see a car accident. tongue.gif