Branndi

Twilight

I hate every thing about the Twilight series! The vampires are fake! Vampires are not suppose to sparkle in sunlight, they are suppose to die if they go out into sunlight. The wolves? If the people are called shapeshifters, then aren't they supposed to turn into any creature?

Not all vampires die in sunlight.

And, no, the term shapeshifter does not necessarily mean they can turn into any creature. Werewolves, werecats, werehorses, werebuffalo...they are all classified as shapeshifters since they change shape from human to animal.

Not all vampires die in sunlight.

And, no, the term shapeshifter does not necessarily mean they can turn into any creature. Werewolves, werecats, werehorses, werebuffalo...they are all classified as shapeshifters since they change shape from human to animal.

But why wolves? Either way I hate the series

Probably because they're the most known shapeshifter.

Why not something unoriginal? Like an alligator or hippo?

I think you mean original, and why not do something well known? Using common things isn't always a bad thing.

Well, shapeshifters tend to be in the same area as the animals they're connected to. Werewolves pop up where wolves were frequently seen/fought off livestock, werebuffalo pop up in plains areas where they were, etc, etc.

Now, if it had been based either in Florida or Louisiana (or some Waterworld type planet, if one were going for non-reality based), weregators would've been interesting. In Washington state...doesn't work so much.

And for hippos you'd have to be in Africa or somewhere else over in that general area.

The first book is okay.

Dislike the second for the most part.

The third book is pretty good.

Fourth... kind of gross. Dislike it, mostly.

OMG that was so funny. My friend was like in hysterics at the end where [spoiler alert] Jacob turned into the chihuahua, barked, and stomped a paw.

In case it hasn't already been posted (though I thought I linked to it before):

I didn't have time to sit through it all, but it was funny from what I saw. tongue.gif

I have a friend on facebook that keeps making her status Twilight quotes. They're mostly the ones about Edward's obsessive and creepy super-undying love and commitment. Taken out of context, some of those lines aren't too bad, IMO. I kinda wanna say something, but there's really no nice way to point out that Edward is definitely not the ideal man and that is not the kind of love a real, sane person wants.

I could repeat how many times I've heard those SAME sentences, and seen those SAME actions, in my abusive ex boyfriend.

Girls, this is NOT true love. This is not what a man should be like. And definitely, ANY relationship means BOTH parts have to give in something. When only one person is sacrificing him or herself, then there is a problem with that relationship.

I could repeat how many times I've heard those SAME sentences, and seen those SAME actions, in my abusive ex boyfriend.

Girls, this is NOT true love. This is not what a man should be like. And definitely, ANY relationship means BOTH parts have to give in something. When only one person is sacrificing him or herself, then there is a problem with that relationship.

If only those fangirls would listen. *sigh*

@Nyx: DUDE. DUDE. You win.

Konayuki-

+ 10 points for that Code Lyoko banner.

Anyone else love the way that the only female character with... character... is ridiculed and despised?

I want a book about Leah Clearwater. Not written by Meyer, because she'll eff it up.

I'm french, i read this book in french. And the translation is very very bad.

I don't like this books, the story is very sample and stereotype.

Oh man. I would not want to have the job of translating Twilight.

Meyer has a habit of using a lot of words to describe something that could be said with one.

Was surfing the net aimlessly and came across this. Apparently the most popular names for baby girls and boys in 2009 were Jacob and Isabella. I WONDER WHY. rolleyes.gif

It won't let me request 2010, either. Odd.

Jacob has been the #1 male name for years now. /checked several back

Question: if the kileuts were shapeshifters, not real werewolfs, and the wolf shape was by "chance" or whatever, why did the Cullens perceive them as blood enemies and would the alpha deal be in force if they had "chosen" a different shape?

/recently finally got through Breaking Dawn, and this doesn't make sense/kind-of turns over what was said in earlier books like so many other things in BD :|

Question: if the kileuts were shapeshifters, not real werewolfs, and the wolf shape was by "chance" or whatever, why did the Cullens perceive them as blood enemies and would the alpha deal be in force if they had "chosen" a different shape?

/recently finally got through Breaking Dawn, and this doesn't make sense/kind-of turns over what was said in earlier books like so many other things in BD :|

Good question.

I have this niggling idea in my head that the answer would be a very childish "Just cause!" Complete with tongue sticking out...though that could be because I just woke up and my brain's still bleary.

Maybe, just maybe, the Twilight series isn't an actual attempt at a novel. Maybe it's a very clever way of turning people's brains to mush to aid Stephenie Meyner's plans to take over over the world.

It's been pointed out somewhere that the feud makes absolutely no sense.

A random vampire couple strolled on in and killed a censorkip.gif ton of people of the tribe, prompting the activation of the gene that was somehow made when a spirit took over a wolf and then was magically transformed into a human many years before.

The Cullens then come by, and strike the deal with Jacob's (great? something) grandaddy, as they're good vamps.

However, the tribe auto-hates the Cullens just for being vamps, and the vamps auto-hate the wolves...for smelling bad? For not falling in worship of their ability? The random couple had absolutely no connection with the Cullens.

~

To point out some more possible fail: So, the shapeshifters only change when vamps come around. Not in any other stressful/emotional situation, where most animals promptly respond to perceived danger?

So the gene is still active because the Cullens are there, even though it's only paranoia alerting them of any danger, especially given the distance between the town and reserve?

~

As for alpha male, I think they would have taken on whatever social structure of the animal they transformed to. Wolves (and gorillas, innit?) have alphas, other species would have different structure, therefore if the guy had picked some other animal then the chain of command, if there was one, would have been different.

BUT HEY WEREWOLVES (EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT WEREWOLVES) ARE COOL AND CLICHE AND IT'S SO EASY TO HAVE A HUMAN CHIEF AUTOMATICALLY LEAD THE WOLF PACK JUST 'CAUSE AND YEAH LOLOLOL.

Also, this is really rambly and I probably forgot something, so yeah.

/strolls off whistling

Edited by NixAyum