Branndi

Twilight

... Are you implying that the most awesome man ever is married to a Barbie doll?

The world has ended.

The world has ended.

Time to unpack the emergency nachos I've kept just for this occasion.

Sad, ain't it?

A bunch of teens on a forum for a site where you raise dragon drawings are putting more thought into the series than someone with an English degree.

I'm gonna go cry now.

SHE HAS AN ENGLISH DEGREE?

Oh ye gods, I weep for my major.

SHE HAS AN ENGLISH DEGREE?

Oh ye gods, I weep for my major.

What's really sad?

She has an English degree, and yet somehow doesn't know that Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, not a romance. Nor does she know that The Princess Bride is a satire, not a romance, despite having written a paper on it.

I can has nacho?

I have so many, that everyone can has nacho.

Except for nacho hat0rs. They be trippin'.

I heard Edward doesn't like nachos.

*desperate attempt to keep on-topic*

What's really sad?

She has an English degree, and yet somehow doesn't know that Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy, not a romance. Nor does she know that The Princess Bride is a satire, not a romance, despite having written a paper on it.

I'm still confused as to how in the Sam Hill anyone cannot get the fact that Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy when the title characters die at the end. How does one confuse this with romance? I read that for the first time in one of the little abridged Wishbone novelizations, which included the dying scene if I recall correctly, and even I got it was a tragedy. And I was ten when that book was published.

I'm not even touching the writing a paper on Princess Bride and missing that it's satire. That's just...that just makes my brain hurt.

I have so many, that everyone can has nacho.

Except for nacho hat0rs. They be trippin'.

I heard Edward doesn't like nachos.

*desperate attempt to keep on-topic*

That's a lot of nachos! *begs for one*

Edward thinks he's too COOL to eat nachos. Which is okay, that means more for us. ;D

Edited by terioncalling

What's really sad?

O.O *dies a little inside at the idea*

I knew I shouldn't have come into this thread. 'No good can come of it,' I told myself, but did I restrain my clicking fingers? No.

*goes to weep in a corner*

~Feathers

I remember some pages ago it was posted about how she thinks that Wuthering Heights (?) is a bad love story.

I have come to the conclusion that 'Twilight' should be required reading on a Creative Writing or English Literature course, as a prime example of how *not* to write a novel. Seriously, it does p*ss on every single convention of story-telling and novel-writing, doesn't it?

After all, NASA scientists are required to watch 'Armageddon' as an example of bad science. But 'Armageddon' has the saving grace of being 110% win.

I remember some pages ago it was posted about how she thinks that Wuthering Heights (?) is a bad love story.

No, she liked Wuthering Heights because she ****ing copied it had the same situation with Jacob -> Bella -> Edward. It was Princess Bride she thought was a bad example of true love.

@kestra: I would love that. So much censorkip.gif*ing would ensue though.

I have come to the conclusion that 'Twilight' should be required reading on a Creative Writing or English Literature course, as a prime example of how *not* to write a novel. Seriously, it does p*ss on every single convention of story-telling and novel-writing, doesn't it?

And Eragon.

Eragon needs to be included in that, too.

It was Princess Bride she thought was a bad example of true love.

Wait what? I loved that movie!

Wait what? I loved that movie!

IKR!? I wanted to slap her for that.

But she's an idiot and makes me worry for the future of writing. ._.

After all, NASA scientists are required to watch 'Armageddon' as an example of bad science. But 'Armageddon' has the saving grace of being 110% win.

Y'know, I'm half tempted to suggest that to my advisor since he sometimes teaches the creative writing classes at my college. Either that or just scrawl it over all the chalkboards in the English building to see what kind of responses I get and if they do it.

NASA does that? That is just awesome.

Lol, an example of bad writing. Yeah, by the time they would do that, people my age would be in collage and all those Twi-shats I know would be like, "OMG I GET TO READ TWILIGHT AGAIN. OMG YAY~" and end up writing something like it.

:|

Edit: Cr@ppy comp, made me double post.

Edited by Qwackie

NASA does that? That is just awesome.

WHY does NASA show the movie Armageddon as part of its management training programmes? We're talking about the thriller in which Bruce Willis saves the Earth by nuking an asteroid the size of Texas into dust just moments before it wipes out the home planet. If your first thought was that they're training NASA managers to put the proper PR spin on any doomsday asteroid, the door to the paranoid ward is on your right.

In reality, the screenings are just a game for NASA's space geeks: who can find the highest number of impossible things in the movie? The record, Feedback is told, stands at 168.

Whatever you can make a game of! And that is an almost ridiculous number of mistakes - but I suspect there are similar in other movies like that.

I hate every thing about the Twilight series! The vampires are fake! Vampires are not suppose to sparkle in sunlight, they are suppose to die if they go out into sunlight. The wolves? If the people are called shapeshifters, then aren't they supposed to turn into any creature?

No, she liked Wuthering Heights because she ****ing copied it had the same situation with Jacob -> Bella -> Edward. It was Princess Bride she thought was a bad example of true love.

'K, thank you. Sadly, I've read neither. D: