Branndi

Twilight

Rob Patterson looks permanently constipated,

OMFJ.

ROFLMFAO.

He totally does. O_O

and the special effects for their super-speed look about as low-budget as you can get. They're supposed to be faster than the eye right?

Supposed to be, but you can't really translate that well to movies, I think. The makeup/sparkle effects are ****ing fail though.

And I think there were no WINDCHIIIIIMES in Eclipse, oh my Edwa /so ****ing shot goodness.

the music that is supposed to be Bella's Theme is horrendous - just sounds like random flailing on the piano that evokes no emotion except disgust

Maybe that was what the composer was going for. xd.png

I enjoyed reading the books, the movies are alright and I'ma watch them as they come anyway, but I hate how its so overrated and people make such a big deal about it even if its good or bad. The chick who plays Bella always looks stoned, and one of my friends whos not to big of a fan said "maybe shes tired from all that lip biting and tucking her hair behind her ear she calls acting." I thought it was funny.

Honestly, I liked the first three books. I thought they were rather cute and unique, with interesting and original ideas. Whether you like it, the "sparkling" thing is quite original, and a rather interesting concept as to why vampires couldn't go out in sunlight. I enjoyed her style for the most part, it kept me pretty interested, especially when the werewolves came in. |D I adore werewolves.

And the people who are like, "he's 3845t2948598 years old, insta-love, sparkly OMFG"... Seriously, have you nothing better to do? Stop looking at all the stretches and try and understand what the true meaning was. Twilight wasn't written about pedophilia, nor bestiality. Of course, most people I know who hate it do so because the entire thing is so cliche now- and don't get me wrong, I'm completely sick of the fan girls and think they need to get a freaking life- but what bothers me the MOST are the people who are so violently opposed to it and spit out their opinions when they haven't even read the damn book.

Haven't read it all the way through? = No opinion.

Now, I'm not avidly in love with the series. I honestly don't even like it all that much. I enjoyed it as a small, cutesy read, and when it started getting popular I just lost interest. I don't like the movies at all because they are so bland and tasteless, and the acting is terrible.

So there, my two cents. x3

I remember especially liking the first one, too, for the same reasons you did. I thought Meyer had a pretty interesting take on vampiries, and I think people who whine about how her vampires are "terribleterrible abominations ruined vampires forever baaaw" probably have never read much other vampire literature. Vampire literature and the vampires in them have been on the decline for years before Twilight. So, yeah, despite the sparkling, I thought the vampires were interesting, and I found the first book incredibly fun to read, despite its shallowness. I also had the fortune of reading the books late into highschool and into early college, so I didn't get involved in the fandom. And all of my friends who love the series are sane, mature fans. I think when it got popular with the generations younger than me, that's when it got out of hand.

Of course, I've read all four books, so I think I'm entitled to talk about how bad they actually are. By the time I started reading the second book (this was before I was aware of the internet backdraft and the hatedom associated with the series), the series lost its magic for me, and I saw all the flaws in the characterization and, yes, the sexism and pedophilia in this series. I don't think Meyer put it in intentionally at all (I'll give her the benefit of the doubt), but the series contains some really messed up concepts.

i personally love the twilight saga but im more of a jacob fan how about you branndi i wanna know more about you cause you sound like som i would like to get to know and resume chating and maybe become a friend

Once upon a time, there was a book. It was a very special and unique book, using expert rhetorical skills to show the harmful effects of following the gender stereotypes that were prevalent during the 1950s and how lusting after the unobtainable only leads to trouble, stalkers, and demonic love children. It encouraged readers to break free of the stereotypes society casts on us and to make their dreams a reality. It readers were sensible and well liked, and the film version of it, which had amazing actors and excellent quality, was named the greatest film of the twenty-first century.

Sadly, Twilight is not that book, and it never will be.

i personally love the twilight saga but im more of a jacob fan how about you branndi i wanna know more about you cause you sound like som i would like to get to know and resume chating and maybe become a friend

... Why the hell is it all the Twilight fans who fit the stereotype have horrible grammar...?

... Why the hell is it all the Twilight fans who fit the stereotype have horrible grammar...?

Actually, that's a question I have for a lot of fanfiction writers.

I mean, I can sometimes understand it if they're fans of a show or movie- that doesn't require literary skills to enjoy, even though I think a basic grasp of grammar isn't too much to ask. But when you've read a book, you should be able to understand the magic is punctuation and spelling.

And whatever Twilight's faults, it was legible. But the fact that everything from Twilight, Sherlock Holmes and Dickens fans can have horrible literacy makes me cringe.

I mean, I can sometimes understand it if they're fans of a show or movie- that doesn't require literary skills to enjoy, even though I think a basic grasp of grammar isn't too much to ask. But when you've read a book, you should be able to understand the magic is punctuation and spelling.

And whatever Twilight's faults, it was legible. But the fact that everything from Twilight, Sherlock Holmes and Dickens fans can have horrible literacy makes me cringe.

I think the common misconception is that spelling and grammar doesn't matter when writing fanfiction since it will never see anything beyond the internet.

I had horrible grammar, even although I was an avid reader. But I am spanish, and I was still learning english, so when I began writing and reading in english, my grammar was... well, terrible.

Then I noticed, when I had an acceptable english grammar, that my grammar in spanish sucked (we have more grammar rules, than in english, which makes it a little tricky). Then I started making an effort to improve my spanish writing skills.

Today, I can write in both languages, with a very acceptable grammar, although I mostly write my books in spanish.

I think the common misconception is that spelling and grammar doesn't matter when writing fanfiction since it will never see anything beyond the internet.

Well, do any get off the internet, ever?

I don't know.

Then again, I put as much effort into my fanfiction as I do my original stories.

You should still use SPAG if you do *any* writing - fanfic, forums, letters, e-mails...I will let it slip if it's texts and MSN though, due to character limits/time & speed.

/shrugs

Several writers have "filed the serial numbers" off fanfic and successfully sold it as original fiction - some better than others. They're a minuscule fraction of what dreck gets put out, though..

Expecting a fanfic writer to have a good grasp of mechanics because they read a book that did is no more reasonable than expecting them to have good characterization, or a good plot, or a good sense of pacing. Excepting them to have good mechanics because that gets taught and taught and taught into children, and the others don't, yes.

@ crazyloser13: What book is that first paragraph about? :'P

@DragonNighthowler: Now writing like that I can understand as that's sort of a learning process in itself.

@RheaDark: Sometimes. You can always just edit something that was originally a fanfic and build an original world around the story. I've done that with a Warcraft fic. Getting off the internet isn't the point though - writing with that mindset doesn't do you any good if you're hoping to get better because you're always going to tell yourself that you either can't or you don't need to.

@Kestra15: I agree totally. Just saying that that's a common misconception as well as how people excuse their writing and grammar.

@kadoatie: I expect people to have the level of grammar they've been taught. If you're twelve and writing, I don't expect much and take that into account. If you're my age (24) I'm going to expect you to know a bit about what you're doing. Grammar and spelling are easy to do. Characterization, plot, and pacing come with practice.

@kadoatie: I expect people to have the level of grammar they've been taught. If you're twelve and writing, I don't expect much and take that into account. If you're my age (24) I'm going to expect you to know a bit about what you're doing. Grammar and spelling are easy to do. Characterization, plot, and pacing come with practice.

/11

Anyway, on topic

Well, Twilight sucks, end of story. I mean, even though more than half the population obsessives over Twilight, half the population is full of morons.

By 12yrs you should be able to use punctuation accurately, an extremely good grasp of grammar, and be able to accurately spell common words.

I would like to think that my grammar is OK-ish, though I do construct sentences in English in quite a random manner. I generally suck at writing and quit when I was.. 15? Then my classmate convinced me into writing a novel together when I was 19, but somehow it didn't go any better than before.

English is technically my 3rd foreign language (with Russian and German being 1st and 2nd), but it's the one I've learned best so far.

I do love decent grammar in fanfics.

Edited by lightbird

I'm probably/maybe going to see it with my friend and my brother... I plan to wear my Slytherin shirt and have a sign 'round my neck that says 'Team Draco'...

I may be killed and I'm totally stealing the idea from Ivy (that's not her forum name, but the one I know her by... Can't remember her forum name, actually...)

I plan to wear my Slytherin shirt and have a sign 'round my neck that says 'Team Draco'...

This is so much win.

If I could have mocked it in any way when I went with my mom, aunt, and cousin to see Eclipse, I would have.

It wouldn't have done much good because there were like less than a dozen people in the theater, but still.

OH speaking of, in said movie, in the scene with the bed, a guy sitting behind us called Edward "gay" when he said no. I think I'm the only one that heard. xd.png

This is so much win.

If I could have mocked it in any way when I went with my mom, aunt, and cousin to see Eclipse, I would have.

It wouldn't have done much good because there were like less than a dozen people in the theater, but still.

OH speaking of, in said movie, in the scene with the bed, a guy sitting behind us called Edward "gay" when he said no. I think I'm the only one that heard. xd.png

you must not be from my area, then...

When my friend and I got out of Toy Story 3, there was a line stretching outside... Not sure how many were there to see Eclipse, but I'd guess a large number of them... Twilight is a pretty big deal around here... It's kinda scary...

Toy Story, on the other hand, had, like no one. Of course, we were watching the 2-D version, but I glanced in the 3-D theater and it was nearly empty, too... :/

Buzz Lightyear > Edward Cullen -nods-

lol, we all know Edward is in the closet... Far, far in the closet...