Branndi

Twilight

First book was passable, got worse from there on. I read halfway through the second and skimmed through the rest. Wasn't worth my time since it was really cliche and boring. :/ If the Bella was more interesting and less anti-feminist it would make the series a whole lot better.

But that's just my opinion.

...sweet salvation I'm scared.

I cannot imagine any epic fanfic written about Twilight.

I can imagine a shitton of self-inserts, Mary-Sues, Author-replaces-Bella-s, horrible one-shots, and the like.

Actually my friend was writing one about a virus that only afflicts vampires and Edward gets infected, and has to kind of deal with the fact he's going feral, which I thought was rather cool.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

That might be cool. But that's one out of how many?

/is somewhat afraid to know

...sweet salvation I'm scared.

I cannot imagine any epic fanfic written about Twilight.

I can imagine a shitton of self-inserts, Mary-Sues, Author-replaces-Bella-s, horrible one-shots, and the like.

..........Twilight IS a Mary Sue, self insert. dry.gif

I really hate the series. I've never read the books (got about three pages into the first one and was physically repulsed by the horrid writing) but any series that propagates the mentality of helpless women who can't live without an emotional abusive 'hot guy' in their life seriously needs to DIAF.

..........Twilight IS a Mary Sue, self insert. dry.gif

Yes, but it's the original book and nothing to do about it, fanfic is probably worse is what I'm saying.

That might be cool. But that's one out of how many?

/is somewhat afraid to know

Out of all the fanfictions I've read...there are only a handful that are actually good. That applies to really any series. lol

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

First book was good. Second book was depressing, but still good. Third book I didn't know wtf was going for about half of it, and then the fourth one built suspense really well...and didn't do JACK with it.

And I heard the movies were terrible.

...WOW, there's a graphic novel? Maybe this one will turn out better than I heard the movie did!

I wish Bella would stop being such a freking pansy. She clings to Edward like glitter, it's disgusting

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

So so so so guize, I was on facebook this morning and I saw a Flair that said:

Twilight fans know what true love is.

And I lol'd. And then I was like '****, they're probably serious.'

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Short.../?cds2Pid=14834

Pre-ordering? Really? (You can read it for free online, y'know... >_>)

Although I find it freaking lulzy that for the most part, the comments are mostly comprised of Twilighters begging for Midnight Sun to be published.

Looks like Bree didn't fare too well... (Again.)

Why would someone care for a character very few will remember reading about? I mean, who the heck is this Bree guy?

Well this one chick that came out in (I think) Breaking Dawn or Eclipse which was the one that was about to go with the Cullens (After the 'fight' with Victoria) then got pwned by the Volturi.

I don't remember, I gave Breaking Dawn and Eclipse away to a friend so I can't be sure.

I also find it just hilarious that a lot of the Twilight fans lost 'respect' for SMeyer and mad since 'they wanted cake and got bran cereal'.

HEY I LIKE BRAN CEREAL.

Edited by brokenglass

I mean, who the heck is this Bree girl?

Fixed. >.>

Bree was a newborn in Eclipse, part of Victoria's army from Seattle that was supposed to fight with the Cullens while Viccy hunted Bella for revenge. She was the last one alive, Carlisle wanted to try adding her to the family, she kept BAWing about Bella being oh-so-nommable, Volturi came and killed her.

I had forgotten who she was too until I read the book summary.

Meyer wrote it to keep the cash cow flowing.

Mmm I don't think so.

I mean she probably realized that Twilight fans have some remnants of brain cells left and probably won't buy the book (THEY WANT TO LEARN ABOUT EDWARD AND BELLAHURR), so she actually posted the whole thing online so everyone can read it.

I think this review sums it up nicely.

Marketing

I don't know whether SM or her agent thought this one up, this Bree story and all, but I'm guessing agent because it truly is a brilliant move. First, she is giving it away. Oh, say her fans, isn't that nice? Yeah, yeah, whatev. But you know that tons of her 'true fans' will just have to buy it so it's a done deal for her publisher, they know they'll sell a ton of books. Second, she isn't giving all her money, just a portion of it so she stands to make a ton of cha-ching. But, just supposing that the book doesn't sell, SM has lost nothing. She can say, well, la-dee-dah, I already gave the book away, I didn't expect to sell any of them. It's win/win for her AND if the book does sell well, she has more power to exert over any future publishing efforts. If there is hesitation to publish something she's written(as there most definitely was with BD) she can say, look at this, even when I gave my story away, people still bought it. I'm a sure thing. And sadly, she can write a pure pile of puppy poo (and has, imo) and it will sell. Also, it allows her to test the waters with no risk. The reviews on BD weren't good, many fans weren't pleased and the book was poorly done. So, she can put this one out with no risk to herself at all. If people read it online and say it's awful, she can say, well, I only did it for fun, the old "I wrote it just for myself" and since she isn't asking people to pay for it, she still wins if it's bad. It allows her to put a book out without actually having to put a book out, if that makes sense. It will be two years after BD's release before the story arrives and I recall before BD that SM bragged that she would write FIVE books in the year after BD was hatched and nothing has come of that. This allows her to see how a new book of hers will be received without having to do the actual work of creating something good. It's genius.

Genius in fact.

Hm, now I kinda wanna look up this thing and read it, because it's just one more thing the fans will bish about.

I dont believe vampires can be sparkly sparkly. Like, whats the the saying, "Edward Cullen, sparkle, sparkle?"

I hate this whole series with a passion. It is extremely foolish and creepy. Its an extremely old guy hitting on a teenage girl. As I have said countless times.... "Woohooo! Team Pedophile or Team Beastiality!" This whole thing is probably the biggest marketting scam since bottled water! I am sticking with the kick ass Buffy. She doesn't sparkle, nor does she intrude on my mind. And really think about it. Who should I go with? The guy that wants to suck my blood or the guy that will rip off my face????? I just can't decide!

*I respect all dieheart fans for the obstinate nature and insanity. That is all.*

So so so so guize, I was on facebook this morning and I saw a Flair that said:

Twilight fans know what true love is.

And I lol'd. And then I was like '****, they're probably serious.'

Bah, they know nothing of true love. True love is Wesley and Buttercup, not Bella and Edward. ;D

Silly people, not even knowing true love! *shakes head* So sad.

So so so so peeeeeeeoplllllllllllllllle.

Eclipse is coming out in like 3 days.

My mom and lil cousin like the series (cousin's going through a goth phase, it's adorable yet I can't wait for her to grow out of it), and me, my mom, my aunt, and my cousin are probably gonna go see it shortly after it comes out.

I will be sure to ROFL heartily for us all and torch avoid the rabid fangirls if there so happen to be any.

I've only seen a short trailer for it, and this might be the last one because of the mature controversy with BD.

Bah, they know nothing of true love. True love is Wesley and Buttercup, not Bella and Edward. ;D

You Madam, win the internet.