Kiraine

Dragon Notepad

I find that I have difficulty remembering where I have sent my dragons to be reared. That's just me, but perhaps others have other things they would like to be able to remember, like who they have promised eggs to, or some such other thing. I thought it might be nice to have a little text box available on the scroll, perhaps a drop-down box or on another page, where I could write little notes to myself to be able to keep things straight.

After being directed here, I see that others have had a similar idea, but that the opposition to it is that there are other ways to deal with it, such as going to the forum page where I can write notes to myself, or use a text program, or use a regular notepad and pencil.

All possible, of course. However, I still wish for such a thing. Yes, I think a separate page would be the tidiest, so that people who didn't want to use it wouldn't be forced to see it all the time, cluttering up their scroll.

With respect and humbly submitted for consideration,

Bantymom

Edited by bantymom

This. This sounds like a great idea.

Means I'd be able to transfer my refusals list into the pages for the individual dragon so I didn't forget~

According to the Feature Preview in the news section, TJ is going to make it so that refusals don't show up on the breeding list after they refuse, so we will no longer have to keep a list.

Meh. I just keep an Excel file. Don't think I'd use this if it came out, and I don't really want it cluttering my scroll.

*is a curmudgeon, don't let me spoil your fun* tongue.gif

Edited by Danne

I have my own paper notebook which handles a lot of these issues, but I think it is a good idea for many people. I introduced a friend here to the game, and she never writes anything down, being a lot more scattered about it than I am. Her scroll is still small, but I can see it being useful for someone who plays the way she does. She is also using my computer, but not saving anything on it, and having any notes she needs built into her scroll would work well.

The idea of each dragon having an unmoderated, private page, just like the page for descriptions in Actions, sounds like the way to do this. I don't know that making it a BSA is really necessary. My two cents.

Interesting idea, I like it. Maybe a section on the bottom of the dragons' "action" page

Luvin' it, luvin' it, luvin' it- luvin' like that-ah! laugh.gif

Seriously, I always forget stuff and this would be really helpful for refusals or to remind me not to breed certian dragons with others. I would want a notebook on my dragon's page, even if I just write 'Breed with X? Will be pretty" :3'

To those saying "you can do X instead". Yeah, you can, but don't forget that there was a time when you had to go offsite to see your dragon's lineage and progeny. Now we have both. My point is, don't dismiss an idea just because it can be done off site.

I was just wishing for a small space for notes, that only I would see, such as I could put "cb" next to a dragon so I dont have to keep looking to remember which were or weren't, or the name of the mate Ive been using, or, "2g" for a 2nd generation, or name of a lineage I was intending a dragon for.

At any rate I see it has been suggested, or similarly suggested already.

I guess for now, my scroll being relatively small I can try the notes/excel, or pen and paper.

I keep all my dragons on paper. Each dragon has it's own page. I do each page the same way.

code at top of page

Dragon name with the gender across from it

Stolen date

Hatch date

Grow up date

Dragon Type

then if it's cave born, I put CB and out to the side I put clean and 1gen

if it has a lineage, I put the mother, father and their dragon types out beside

then, next I put if the dragon (not the parent) is clean (meaning not inred) and what

generation the dragon is. If the dragon lineage is inbred, I put IB in place of the "clean"

Then I skip down a few lines and make my notes.

I note if an egg was given to me and by whom and on what date.

If there are mate refusals, they go on this page too, plus on a special dragon

breed page.

If later I decide to change the name. I mark the name out at the top and put the

new name in and then go down the page and put in name change and what date I changed the name

I never write on the back of the page, I make a new page, and put the dragons code and name at the top and put CONT out in big letters, then continue my notes.

True, but if you are playing at someone else's house on a different computer you don't want to have to lug around an actual notebook or possibly lose a flashdrive or have a drive malfunction and lose all data. Having the notes integrated as part of the game would prevent that.

Bump, also QFT.

I mean, you could use Google docs, which would also prevent that... But it would be nice having the not actually attached to the dragon instead of having to scroll through a giant document.

To those saying "you can do X instead". Yeah, you can, but don't forget that there was a time when you had to go offsite to see your dragon's lineage and progeny. Now we have both. My point is, don't dismiss an idea just because it can be done off site.

This this this.

Mega support because I like notes and Wordpad stinks.

Bumping this because I was about to suggest the same thing.

I want to be able to put notes next to eggs on what gender I influenced what. Sigh. And remembering that I have to breed this dragon to a different mate to get an alt. Or writing down the exact time I picked up an egg when I try to make neglecteds. Or put down that this dragon is even gen, stairstep, an IOU, or just about anything.

I don't like the idea, I'll be honest.

there's no point taking up server space when you probably have tons of space on your own computer for a notepad document.

also, if it gets large, just use Ctrl+F. there's really no need for this.

I don't like the idea, I'll be honest.

there's no point taking up server space when you probably have tons of space on your own computer for a notepad document.

also, if it gets large, just use Ctrl+F. there's really no need for this.

I agree with this, as long as we get an icon that tells you what your egg is influenced (and IF it's influenced).

What about have available on the cave a "notepad", a blank page you can keep notes on, like who you are breeding with who, possible names you'd like for future dragons, etc. Would be very handy. Only accessible to the person logged in, not viewable to anyone else. I'm handicapped and it would be much easier to keep track of my dragons mates and such, to just click a link, type, edit, etc on a personal page.

Just a little personal notepad with a link on your main dragon page.

I'd love one, anyone else?

What about have available on the cave a "notepad", a blank page you can keep notes on, like who you are breeding with who, possible names you'd like for future dragons, etc. Would be very handy. Only accessible to the person logged in, not viewable to anyone else. I'm handicapped and it would be much easier to keep track of my dragons mates and such, to just click a link, type, edit, etc on a personal page.

Just a little personal notepad with a link on your main dragon page.

I'd love one, anyone else?

Is there not enough space in the personal notepad in your profile ? That's where I keep my IOUs and so on. It seems to have quite a lot of space....

I wouldn't mind one, actually. It would be nice. Of course, we have our notepad here on the forums, on 'My Controls', which I use for that sort of stuff at the moment. And there's always google docs or any other sort of documents type program/app.

I'm talking about a little personal notepad page on the Cave, not the forum. Forum one is nice for who owes who, wishlist, that is something everyone can see.

A little personal notepage for your cave breeding notes, and the like on the CAVE, that only you can see. A private one.

I'd personally like to have one just to keep track of all the dragons I mate with who.

Ah. I do that in a word file on my computer... Then I can have it open alongside the cave whenever I am doing stuff. It has lineage charts and all sorts.

But the forum one - you can't see my IOUs and promises and stuff that is in my notepad. That is private to me. (I realise it isn't in cave, but just to be clear that only you can see that !)

I'm talking about a little personal notepad page on the Cave, not the forum. Forum one is nice for who owes who, wishlist, that is something everyone can see.

A little personal notepage for your cave breeding notes, and the like on the CAVE, that only you can see. A private one.

I'd personally like to have one just to keep track of all the dragons I mate with who.

There's actually a private notepad on the forum too. If you click on "My Controls" in the top right corner of the page, there's a control at the bottom named "My personal note pad". It's private.

Sigh. Ok, whatever. Just thought one on the cave would be nice. Expressing frustration here, if that is allowed.

Edited by Riverwillows

Sigh. Ok, whatever. Just thought one on the cave would be nice. Expressing frustration here, if that is allowed.

No need for frustration. (See fuzz and frustration, on the subject of on scroll announcements about... no that's off topic in this thread ! xd.png)

Sure one on the cave might be handy - as Grox said; just, there IS a private one on the forum while you wait, and in case it doesn't happen.

I'm not trying to quash your idea, I'm presenting you with an option you have to do some of what you want without having to wait for TJ to change it. I can understand why you might want a notepad on the Cave itself, and that's fine.

Like, honestly, I would love to have something like a breeding list, where I could go to find all my primary pairings, and all I would need to do would be to click on them to get to the breeding action directly. I know I could theoretically do this using sorting, but that affects how people see my scroll.