bbik

State egg/hatchling influence info

I use the action trackers on AoND to help keep track, but it would be really nice to have this feature without having to go to an outside source.

Thanks for the support.

I'm hoping this wouldn't be too difficult to implement, since it would be quick and helpful to all who use BSA Pinks.

I can't imagine it would be hard. If the gender that it is influenced isn't currently tracked then another variable would need to be added and that variable displayed on the influence page, that's pretty much it from what I can tell. I don't know whatever language TJ uses to code the site with and how he has it set up, so I can't be sure, though.

this so happened to me about a week ago </3

had to fogg my 2nd egg to see which gender the 1st would end up to be since I could not remember and had influenced other eggs as well </3

I can't imagine it would be hard.  If the gender that it is influenced isn't currently tracked then another variable would need to be added and that variable displayed on the influence page, that's pretty much it from what I can tell.  I don't know whatever language TJ uses to code the site with and how he has it set up, so I can't be sure, though.

Thanks for the info, Pokemonfan13

this so happened to me about a week ago </3

had to fogg my 2nd egg to see which gender the 1st would end up to be since I could not remember and had influenced other eggs as well </3

I too have had to do that recently.

I knew it had to be something that happens to other members.

*Thanks ^^;

Sorry, for not seeing it previously posted.*

~~~

Clicks: 14

Influenced: Male/Female

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 10 hours

This would be great to have on the egg's page, and possibly the hatchling's too actually.

On the page that opens when you click on "Influence," it would also be nice to include that there.

Edited by DeathCry

Clicks: 14

Influenced: Male/Female

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 10 hours

i would be for this version, too. it happends often for me, that i´m annoyed that i forgot wich gender in got my egg...

Now that the action log goes back 30 days, I wonder how people feel about this?

It would be easier to find the info this way, but I definitely don't feel like it's as big of a deal with the expanded action log.

I think it falls into the case of why not? Is it such a big deal to have the into in more than one place?

Sure we can look it up on the Action Log (which I do often), but it would be much easier to just look at the dragon's view page. I say this mostly because unless you have memorized or made a note of the egg's code, you'll still have to hunt for the egg on the Action Log.

It may not be as big a deal now that the action log is extended, but things still get pushed back several pages and as Cinn says, it can still be hard to find the information because you need to look up the egg code first. It would be so much easier just to have it on the view page.

So what if it's in the Action Log? I still have to sift through 20+ pages in order to find it. I don't see the big deal in adding it to the view page, it's much easier to find and wouldn't be in the way or anything.