bbik

State egg/hatchling influence info

I definitely support this! biggrin.gif

I don't know what people feel about this, but I'd also maybe like a way to overwrite an Influence in case you influenced wrong/changed your mind about what gender you would like the egg to become. (Though I'm guessing that's something that would require its own topic too tongue.gif)

Over the past few weeks, I've had ADD moments and forgotten and/or gotten confused as to what I've Influenced a given egg.

Perhaps a gender sigil next to an Influenced egg as a reminder? Does this sound feasible?

I love this idea cuz sometimes I forget which egg I influenced what gender. I get confuzed and what not else.

I can confirm that eggs do not hold their influenced when moved off your scroll--I have "bounced" eggs both to the AP and with teleport and then influenced them again.

That being said, and back on topic, I would LOVE to be able to keep track of influence! I do forget sometimes >.>

Yes yes yes. So I can stop freaking out over whether I gave my egg/egg-now-hatchie the right influence. @_@

Just suggesting a small change that would be helpful. Right now when we influence our egg selection comes up and those eggs already influenced say....(Already influenced).

It would be nice for us memory challenged folks if it were to show (Influenced male) or (Influenced female). Not a huge thing, just something that would be nice to have.

I tend to influence and then forget which egg I influenced with which gender and this would help. laugh.gif

I suggest more than that, we should have some stage of the egg/ hatchie in its page like

Status: influenced male/female (with egg or hatchie, only shown the owner)

Or

status: incubated (egg only, may not nessesary because we can track with the catch date)

Below the gender line

I'm quite forgetful so this may help me a lot smile.gif and sometimes I used all my influence so I can't find out if I have influenced them or not

This may also avoid some trader lied that it was right influenced but actually they didn't and can come up with the influenced-fail reason smile.gif

Yes! Please! I can't even say how many times I've been trading back and forth and forgotten whether I'd influenced a particular one - and as often as I've run low on influences lately, I don't always have a free Pink available to check whether I did. And even if I do have a pink available to check, it would be SO nice to be able to do something about those moments when I'm influencing a bunch in a row, and then suddenly stop and think - "Wait... did I influence this one male, or did I accidentally do that one instead?"

I'd SO love to have a line showing influence information!

Owner: bbik

Influenced: Male/Female

Mother: Mommy

Father: Daddy

View Lineage

And then once the hatchling genders, the Influenced line can be replaced by/updated to the Gender line, just like it already does now.

I really support this suggest, it's very useful, especially when you have many similar eggs.

Could the influenced advertiment stay also here? *written or symbol

Dragon.......ID........Time Left.......Influence

...user posted image..... aW0kK...... 5d 17h.....(Already influenced Male/Female)

user posted image

Support. (I just misinfluenced. I think. OR it is my first EVER influence fail... Either way I am verv very very hacked off; it was bred for a lineage and is a long way in mad.gif . And if I could have SEEN, and it was my fault, I could have bounced it to a friend to lose it, and done it again !)

I really support this suggest, it's very useful, especially when you have many similar eggs.

Could the influenced advertiment stay also here? *written or symbol

Dragon.......ID........Time Left.......Influence

...user posted image..... aW0kK...... 5d 17h.....(Already influenced Male/Female)

user posted image

I would really like an option like this. It's really frustrating when you can't remember how you've influenced your eggs. tongue.gif

I have to agree. Having some sort of indicator on an egg/hatchlings view page would be a BIG help. Gender is critical on even gen projects, and I usually Influence as soon as the egg is laid. Before the egg hatches I can use another pink to see if I did Influence the egg, but once the egg hatches there is no way to tell if I did or didn't Influence the egg.

Personally, I like the statement at the bottom suggestion...

(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)

This egg/hatchling has been Influenced male/female.

This egg has been Incubated.

Threw the Incubate statement in there because I'd like to see it added too.

I agree that it would be very useful and support the suggestion.

For those here who don't mind going offsite for a (hopefully temporary) solution: the action trackers at AOND include a box for influence where you can put the eggs code. I find that useful too. Plus you get to see which BSA dragons are available too biggrin.gif

I'd actually like to see:

QUOTE (bbik)

Clicks: 14

Influenced: Male/Female

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 4 days and 10 hours

although any indication on the page would beat heck out of wondering what/if they were Influenced as...

I AGREE COMPLETELY.

I didn't see this when I searched and ended up making a Poll that got closed, but this is what I had to say about it.

"Would it be so hard to change the text on the Influence page? Instead of it saying "Already influenced" why can't it say "Influenced Male/Female" for the respective influence used? Would it be so terrible to make a small change in the text when it would be SO helpful to us breeders?"

Good idea! Haven't read through the entire thread, but it would be nice to include whether the egg has been incubated or not as well.

I really like the idea of some sort of indication as to which gender the egg was influenced, because yes, we often forget and then panic in case we gave it the wrong one. Even if it just came up on the actions page instead of just 'already influenced' but as 'influenced male' or 'influenced female' it would be a vast improvement.

Every once in a while when I go to influence an egg, I sometimes see an egg that I

influenced, and I can't remember what gender I already influenced it as.

After clicking Influence on our Pink dragons, would it be possible show next to our

eggs: "(Already influenced as Male)" or "(Already influenced as Female)" ?

There's pretty one way only to know if an egg has been incubated or not, but if we

have a pair of eggs that we would like to influence to be mates, it would be nice to know

what we have influenced and for which gender.

YES

I'm increasing my pink BSA hoard. I bred two eggs, influenced them male and female, then gifted one. I have no idea which gender I influenced the remaining egg, so I can't influence the replacement I bred.

Exactly this.

It's one thing to know that you influenced your Blue/Water dragon male, and your Magi as female, but when it's the same breed, it's difficult. Even having different breeds, and you can still forget.

I was just influencing mine, got distracted because someone called me, and had no idea of which egg I influenced as what.