Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Right okay.

@annaku: Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks.

RIGHT! To deal with the confusion:

When I put the first come first served rule up, I never expected to have 5 apps for 2 spots. I thought people would be able to see that slots had previously been applied for by others and so would not put up an app for NDK if there were already 4 other applications.

HOWEVER

I realise I may have confused people in the notices saying there were 5 spots available. I meant 5 total spots available, not 5 additional, though I understand how I could've confused people. Because I was the one to cause the confusion, I therefore didn't see it as fair to go with the above rule. So, I figured it would be best to allocate the remaining slots democratically by RP ability.

If you have already been accepted you do not need to send in a RP sample. Nor do I expect you to give up your place.

Those who samples are required from are:

Animorph

Fanfanatic (For NDK char only)

Red Dragonette

Tokino

Those with strikes through I have sample.

If you wish to start RPing you may, though it may be advisable to wait till out intro is up, certainly if you belong in the NDK.

I believe I have addressed all the issues, if I've not I shall deal when I get back on in a few hours, or Kja can deal should he be able to make heads or tails of the mess I appear to have made.

((If I'm allowed to say this? It's just an RP, so no worries. Please don't get so riled, everyone!

((It's an EPIC RP though.

This is all I have to... wait.

WALRUS.

There we go.))

((Okiedokie then I shalt Await the arrival of more people before I begin my reign of terror as Hyro's minion happy.gif ))

Edited by En'K'Haral

If I don't get replaced by someone else, does anyone else plan on starting in the capital city of Rythos?

((EVERYBODY starts out in Rythos:

(Because there's a whole Galbitorix thing going on right now (Hyro having exterminated the old order of dragon riders and trying to create his own) then any body who a dragon would bond to would be under guard. Plus, every body would be within one city as the first break out of a resistance movement (the New Dragon Knights) wouldn't be able to be organised on a national level until the first few managed to break out.

(ohmy.gif Dang! The entire reason I joined this forum was to play this rp! laugh.gif is it too late for me to apply for a char?)

i dont know last i heard dragon song was trying to figure out who got the last two NDK spots before we could start

((Correkshun, I'm SUPPOSED to be writing the intro. And I dislike doing what I'm supposed to. There's a huge backlog.

And the whole NDK thing is solidly in DS' jurisdiction. Mainly because I'm sure as hell not gunna do it.))

((Perhaps the intro can be on a rainy day. Dreary starts always make for spectacular adventures. At least thats what I find...too much Malazan book of the Fallen I think...yeah especially since the bad guys have this tendancy to beat out the good guys...Oh I have another character name!!! Kallor happy.gif WOOOT!!! much thanks happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((The last intro was on a stormy day I believe.

Also, due to the fact that I only recieved two RP samples, Tokino and Animorph are accepted as the final 2 NDK.

I'd keep prodding Kja but I'd get my finger ripped off. *prods him from a distance with the lungewhip*))

((You can't prod with a whip. It defies both 'whip' and 'prod.' Prod needs a solid shape, 'whip' means something flaccid. A solid whip is a crop.))

Edited by Kjakings

((@annaku: That it does.

Kja, you so can. You're thinking Indiana Jones style whips, I'm talking the horsey variety - all of which have a solid shape. Lungewhips work exceptionally well for prodding. =P ))

(I'll make my intro after a few other people do. -hates going first-)

(( So will I. I remember that my coach used to prod me with the lungewhip all the time... Honestly, she treats her students and horses the same way. ))

((I thought that Kja was going first. Well if that is not the case I can get a start tomorrow. The bed beckons and the eyelids refuse to be ignored. Good night.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Drac flexed his wrists and the twin hooks flew out of the mini-magic-canon on his wrist and clamped on the wall. He made them retract and was pulled up the wall, with Night coiled around his waist Drac scaled the inner wall of the Tower and leapt upon the battlements. The storm made it darker than night with the rain but the occasional flashes of lightning meant Drac needed to work fast.

There were guards on the walls and one flick of the wrist sent the scaling hook through the throat of the guard and a violent pull ripped it from its perch, dragging flesh and spine with it. Meanwhile Night had taken care of the other guard, his face and claws a deep ruby red with blood but quickly being sluiced clean by the rain.

Then Drac was over and down the wall, heading for the armoury and stables. The hooks were powerful but crude weapons. Drac needed a blade in his hand and the crossbow on his back, as well as a liberal helping of throwing knives.

Drac kicked in the door of the armoury and quickly grabbed his sword and crossbow, running to find some knives when he nearly ran into Kiera and Taja with their weapons at each other’s throats. This was a common occurrence in the palace between the two and Drac found it quite entertaining but now it worked to his advantage. If they were distracted with trying to kill each other then they wouldn’t be trying to kill Drac.

“You’ll pay for that stable girl.” Snarled Kiera, her bow with emerald-tipped arrows right in Taja’s face.

“I doubt it, river *****.” Taja returned, her eyes quickly flashing to Drac who was attempting to get past the doorway with neither of the two noticing, and then quickly back to Kiera, dismissing him. Drac had no idea what this meant but he had no time to ponder it when Kiera noticed and launched the arrow at him, hitting the wall and exploding.

“Don’t try and kill him you idiot!” Taja yelled, removing her blade from Kiera’s throat and launching after Drac down the corridor.

Drac skid to a halt in the defence section and grabbed a heavy enhanced shield as Kiera shot more arrows, which were deflected off the shield and sent into the roof where they exploded causing cracks and fissures along the ceiling.

Drac launched his grappling hooks into the ceiling, using his magical power to enhance his muscle strength and that of the tethers on the rope, drawing power from Night behind him as well in order to make the ceiling collapse down, directly onto Kiera and Taja.

Drac turned to the connector between the armoury and stable and, abandoning all hope for a stealthy escape having destroyed most of the Royal Armoury, drew power from the storm above him and condensed it into a white hot point of pure electrical energy, launching it at the giant reinforced Wizardwood door, causing it to explode outwards but patter harmlessly against the golden shield Drac threw up. The storm briefly dissipated because Drac accidentally took too much of its power, but quickly resumed in full force.

Checking that his baby skywing was still with him, Drac sprinted through the stable, finally coming upon his black war charger, ironically named Stealth. Weaving a quick spell Drac teleported the saddle and armour on the horse and vaulted up, blasting open the outer door and riding off into the streets of Callahorn, wind whipping his cloak around his form.

Drac was just riding into the foot hills of the western mountains when he saw his first signs of pursuit; a squad of heavy cavalry with pikemen support were barricading the road. Drac nearly ran straight into them in the storm but managed to pull Stealth off to the left just in time, and the soldiers didn’t appear to see him.

From then on Drac avoided the main roads and took the long way through the forest. He just hoped that the other members of the New Dragon Knights he had organised within Callahorn had the same idea as he and used the storm for cover and broke free, and were now heading to the appropriate meeting point in the foothills. They were to wait a week after the appointed meeting time for any stragglers and then move on, regardless of who did or did not show up.

Drac was already two days late because he’d been waiting for the right opportunity, and-

Suddenly Drac’s thoughts were cut short mid-sentence as an arrow dipped in a potent sleeping potion hit his side, tumbling him from the horse. Stealth had his instructions: the horse was to continue to the meeting place with or without Drac to show them that he wasn’t coming.

Several arrows pinged off the war horse’s armour, but Stealth didn’t stop. He ploughed on into the night, the instructions fixed firmly in the magically enhanced horse’s mind, while nestled deeply in one of the saddlebags Nightglyder struggled to get out to see what the loud thud had been.

((There. Now leave me alone.))

((It's KiAra, not Kiera. =P))

As the storm raged outside, Taja Thorn leant on the window sill and gazed into the turmoil. She had a bad feeling about tonight, a sense of foreboding that had been deep in the pit of her stomach since the moment it had begun to rain heavily. Something was going to happen, and whatever it was it wasn’t going to be good. Plus, she didn’t need anything to go wrong – Hyro was already furious. At least one of the “New Dragon Knights” as they called themselves, had escaped. She’d heard few details and didn’t know who it was or which of the various strongholds around the city they had escaped from – just that they had fled with their dragon hatchling. Needless to say, Hyro had not been a happy ruler. Taja sighed slightly as she closed her eyes and let her head fall forward slightly. At least his son, Drac, was still impris-

The realisation hit Taja, and she promptly swore loudly. Of course the storm had been a sign. Pushing herself off the window ledge, she began to head swiftly towards the horse stables and armoury. There was little point in going to where Drac had been held; most likely he has already escaped from his room. However, she knew the boy. He’d want a weapon, so she’d just have to cut him off at the armoury. Striding down deserted corridors, Taja diverted some of her attention to try and contact her two dragons in the stables. She was unusual, in that she had two dragons bound to her by trust and loyalty, when most people weren’t even bound to one. It generally gave her a massive advantage in battle, whilst she was fighting with one, generally Cirrus, most enemies wouldn’t expect a second dragon to take them from behind. However, upon finding the connection she was nearly deafened by a mental roar from Cirrus, the skywing. Taja actually had to stop in the middle of the corridors and clutch her ears, even though it did no good what so ever. Another roar, from Bramble this time, followed moments later. Taja cut the link instantly. Obviously the pair of them were arguing over something, most like the tiniest thing. She wouldn’t get a word in edgeways, so she’d have to not rely on them as backups. It would take too long to go to their stables, inform them, and then go back to the armoury. Likely by that point, the boy would’ve been and gone.

Stood in the middle of the armoury, Taja looked around for a suitable spot to conceal herself and wait to see if she really was right and not just being paranoid. However, she was disturbed by Kiara, the one person Taja got on least well with. The raven haired girl stopped abruptly as she spotted Taja, her face instantly twisting with malice.

“Well if it isn’t Hyro’s little pet!” she sneered.

“Push off Riviera. Don’t you have some man to be doing?” Taja snapped, not even bothering to look at Kiara. She was in no mood to deal with the girl and her snide comments. A sound caught her attention, and she spun round only to find Kiara pointing an arrow at her face. Automatically Taja drew the silver sword from her side and whipped it up so that the tip was pointing at the base of Kiara’s throat.

“You’ll pay for that stable girl,” Kiara snarled.

“I doubt it, river *****,” Taja swore back, just as she noticed the very person she’d come down to wait for, trying to slip past them out of the armoury. It was a pain to be right all the time. It only took her moments to decide what to do, and she’d no doubt seriously regret the decision later. She flicked her attention back to Kiara, and pretended that she’d not noticed Drac. After all, she thought to herself, I have my pride to defend, can’t let Riviera boss be about. Besides, I’m her superior. Unfortunately for both herself and Drac, Kiara noticed her seconds distraction and whirled round to see the boy. She had no such hesitations, and instantly let the arrow fly in his direction, though for once she missed her target, even if just barely.

“Don’t try and kill him you idiot!” Taja yelled. The sword instantly dropped from pointing at Kiara and she began to sprint after Drac as he ran for it. It would be slightly more difficult to explain to Hyro why she’d not run after him. Arrows flew past her, shocking Taja slightly. She’d forgotten how quickly Kiara fire arrows and still be accurate. Her chase however, was cut short as she saw Drac firing hooks into the ceiling – God only knows how he’d managed to get them – and she skidded to a halt. She already knew what was about to happen, and couldn’t help but flinch as most of the armoury ceiling was brought down right on top of her.

“BRAMBLE!” The force of the mental shout interrupted the black’s argument with Cirrus, and he stuck his head out over the door into the rain to see why on earth Taja would feel the need to yell so loudly. He was met by the sight of the armoury tower collapsing.

“Uh oh...” he muttered, before letting himself out of the warm stable to stand in the pouring rain.

((Well, it appears we've started!))

((Yiehaa, staaaaarting!!))

Katelyn had been mending her saddle, sitting in the stable of Sleet. Somehow she found his company a lot better than that of the rumble of humans inside. Though she had had a good workout that morning, having been able to beat those few who had dared oppose her, the stormy weather was irritating her and she needed something to do. Though her saddle was still far from worn, she prided herself in keeping it in top-shape. After all, your life could depend on it while in the midst of battle and if a strap broke or even loosened an inch, it could mean the difference between life and death. Sleet yawned widely and pushed the tip of his snout against her left boot. Kicking his snout softly, she shook her head and continued.

“Not now, Sleet. I know you like stormy weather, but I’d like to keep my clothes dry for just once.” Sleet let out a faint snorting sound and laid his head back down. Grinning, Katelyn finished a seam of one of the straps for her legs and tested its strength. Satisfied, she stood up and wanted to hang it on its hook on the wall, when she suddenly heard commotion. A dragon on the move and judging from where he had come from, it had to be Bramble. Katelyn had never understood how Taja had been able to bond with two dragons; it seemed like an almost impossible feat, having two minds in your head besides your own. Whenever Sleet was exited, it was sometimes even hard to follow his thoughts and be able to think for herself. Motioning at Sleet to stay where he was, Katelyn walked out of his stable and through the main corridor and true enough, there was Bramble’s black tail disappearing outside into the rain. Hearing something collapse, she started running and cursed as she ran into the rain.

“There goes that idea about keeping myself dry. What the-!” Seeing the armory tower into rubble, she was shocked into silence. Following the bulky form of the black dragon, Katelyn ran up to Taja, while keeping a firm link to Sleet. “Stay there, but keep ready. Feels like something is on till…” Sleet quickly replied, but not with what Katelyn was expecting. “So you run out in the rain for a little commotion, but you won’t do it for me? I am deeply disappointed in you, Katelyn.” The mental chuckle told her he was joking, but she did wish he would take things a bit more serious from time to time. Arriving at Taja, she looked around to take stock.

“M’am, is something amiss? What happened to the armory?” The bits of fur which stuck out of her leather upper clothing were dripping with rain and started to give out their typical animal scent. To many it stunk, but to Katelyn it was a comforting scent of trust.

Anna awoke at the sound of a large crash to feel her room vibrating. Quickly rolling out of she grabbed her scimitars from where they rested beside her bed. Going to the window, a flash of lighting illuminated the crumbling tower. "Ziva awake. We must go, something has happened." she shouted as she strapped her swords to her waist.

From a basket by the fire place a small head peeped out 'But its cold and raining Anna. I hate being cold and wet plus your still in you night cloths'

"Then quickly into your bag I'll carry you but we have to go now." the hatchling scampered into the waterproof backpack just before it was swept up. Grabbed her cloak as she ran out the door, Anna thundered down the stairs with no concern for anyone who might have slept through the shaking and crumbling of the tower.

(( go CANADA 2-1 with 4:26 left to go. GOLD will be ours!!!))

Edited by Annaku

(( Kinda confused about where we're actually starting... Are we in cells? ))

Adua held the white hatchling tightly in her arms. Her - the voice in her mind was distinctly feminine - white pelt seemed almost luminous in the darkness. The contrast was lost, however, as lightning flashed outside of the barred window, illuminating the room with a blinding light. This was followed by a crash of thunder, which made Kei squeak and curl up more tightly in Adua's arms. The girl leaned against the wall - for she was used to storms like these - and waited. She waited for an opportunity to escape, or possibly a signal from outside. As she stared at the raging storm outside, there was a lull in the violence. The clouds seemed to grow lighter and the rain weaker... Then a loud boom. Kei jumped, whimpered, and resumed her frightened trembling. This wasn't thunder, though the sounds were similar. This was an explosion. One of us has escaped, she told the hatchling. Now, it's our turn. Kei glanced at the tempest outside, now resuming in full force, but gulped down the knot of fear in her throat. Alright, she responded. Adua repositioned the hatchling so that she was tucked under one arm, with her book wedged between her arm and the hatchling. As important as the book was, it would at least provide some protection from projectiles. Adua concentrated. There was only a small bit of offensive magic that she knew. But she did know of one spell that could move objects that she couldn't reach. This was supposed to be used to set broken bones, but notw it would serve a different purpose. As she directed her power at the bars on the window, they moved slightly. She pushed harder. They began curving outward. She felt the little dragon add the little power she had to her own. That little amount was enough to burst the bars from their stone holdings.

Adua scratched the little hatchling's head, and pushed her and the book through the opening. She followed after, worming her larger body through the small hole. She fell awkwardly to the ground, hastily regained her footing on the muddy ground, and looked around for any witnesses. None. Adua snatched up the wet hatchling and book. There was an outer wall around the establishment, and she followed its curvature, looking for a place to climb over or for a gate. She stopped in her tracks. Lit for an instant by lightning was a particularly rough section of wall. It was not hewn well...or perhaps the stonemason lost passion for who he was working for. Figures. Thank you, whomever you may be. The wall was not particularly high, but it would be troublesome to struggle over with a hatchling in tow. She looked down at Kei. Are you ready? Kei looked miserable with her fur wet with rain. She shook herself and nodded. The hatchling took the large book gently in her mouth; her small jaws were just strong enough to hold it. Adua took Kei in both arms, crouched slightly, and threw her into the air. The white hatchling sailed up, and landed on top of the wall. Standing stock-still so as not to lose her balance, she looked inquiringly (and with a bit of fear) at Adua. The girl scrambled up to the top, using the tiniest fingerholds and footholds. The rain made the going slippery, and she slipped more than once. When she finally reached the top, she laid herself flat, to be less noticeable and to catch her breath. Then, she grabbed Kei and the book and slid off, jarring her legs upon landing. Ignoring the painful numbness, Adua ran.

If she knew Drac well enough, he would head towards the foothills. So she would go there as well. But for now, Adua needed to get as far away from the place as possible. She dashed through the forest, without a sense of where she was going. Finally, after some unknown amount of time, she found herself at a wide oak. Her surroundings were mostly dark, which would help her hide. Kei, on the other hand, remained a bright white. Adua felt sleep pulling at her, so she threw herself down between two of the gnarled roots of the oak. Kei burrowed behind her to hide herself and keep warm. She immediately fell asleep, too tired to even be afraid of the thunder. Adua followed suit.

((They're prisoners under any other name. They're kept in luxurious rooms with the best food and training, but they're still held close. Hyro needs sufficient time to brainwash or convince them to join him thoroughly, like Kiara (SEE! I SPELT IT RIGHT!) or Taja, by any means necessary. Then he can give them freer reign. But he does let them integrate with each other so they have past experience with each other when he uses them to incite fear and discourage rebellion.

Plus, sky-lark must now be the one who has already escaped.))

((Plus, sky-lark must now be the one who has already escaped.))

((There's still Tanchou and Animorph to post... We have people on Hyro's side this time!))