Kira1

The Agnimitra

Kiri watched Midnight as she left, and waved back at her. She turned to Jade again when she spoke, asking if she was a wind dragon. "Oh, do you ask because he called me airhead? Well, that was actually because I tend to space out a lot, but yeah, I am a wind dragon. You are one too, right?" She said, while smiling at Jade again. It somehow felt good to meet someone who was also of her same species, and partly shared her powers. She knew not all Agnimitra had the same abilities, even if they shared their element. "So, don't you want to come with us? We can lead you to the resistance safe house." She said, hoping Jade would agree. Though she seemed like she could take care of herself, it was always better to be in larger groups, and she knew how lonely it could get when you have to travel constantly, not being able to stay in one place for too long, unless you want the Black Dragon's army on you...

Puppy tried to find his mouth or his legs, but both were frozen in a state of fear. Standing before him was the man he had so dreaded meeting and yet... thinking about what he had seen when he touched a shard of ice, here was the man he had so misunderstood. Perhaps he was right in his original thought that his father's description of Stick was less then accurate. Maybe there was more to the man then cold one-minded purpose and a steady stream of insults. These thoughts gave him confidence, and he finally managed to speak.

Staring at Stick with his large amber eyes Golden murmured "I'm sorry." It wasn't the most memorable statement, but it sufficed for how he felt both for Stick and barging into his room. When Puppy even thought of the sadness that had radiated from the ice when he touched it, pity for the man welled up inside him. When he had first lost his father, he had felt much the same way, but as most aches do his had dulled with time, but it seemed Stick's never had. The wound was still as festering and painful as the day it had first been inflicted. Puppy wondered if this was because Stick so rarely let himself consider his mother's death; therefore, never giving himself a chance to think it out and heal as much of the damage he could.

“You should be sorry for barging into my room although that does not answer my original question. What are you doing in my room hatchling?” Stick said the question more sternly this time and allowed his annoyance to show in both his stance and words. The boy was staring at him with his large golden eyes with a strange mixture of pity and apprehension. This unnerved Stick slightly. Many people had looked at him with apprehension, but very few with pity. Rain was one of the few who showed her pity and concern openly, but he was used to that from her. The last thing he needed was another person like Rain pitying him.

That wasn’t the only thing that was bothering him about that stare. Stick was more then certain he had seen it somewhere else a long time ago, but Puppy was much too young to be that person. The memory he was grabbing at was so old it came from his very earliest years. All this was making his head whirl so he frowned and stared harshly at the boy before saying “Forget it. Just leave my room and I won’t beat you to a pulp for it this time hatchling. Let this be your warning.” Taking one last hard look at the boy, it was then that he had a revelation. The boy’s eyes looked identical to… “Who’s your father boy?” Stick asked with a strange sense of urgency in his voice.

Edited by Dashidragon

When Jade smiled Sayuk knew she had something in her mind. Mostly because she was looking at him and something was telling him she knew he was ready to attack if need be. He would love to but... Kiri was still around. What did not help him was that she was a wind dragon. Having fought some he knew their power could be... bothersome. You cannot really evade wind after all. Still being an ice dragon did have its advantages and he would never want to trade his power for wind ones. Since she had put back her sword to its sheath, he removed his own hands from his knives. No need to keep them there since it was much faster to remove his knives than her longsword. Kiri then offered to take her to the safe house. Didn't she mean the mansion? The safe house was quite far... Still he wanted to check on some things his own way. She could be from Dark's army and he had a simple way of verifying that. A way called a direct question. Not in this shape of course... he needed this much less know body to infiltrate the resistance.

"So while you two wind user are having a nice chat and getting friendly to each other I will be on my way. I have no intention on bringing her to the mansion since I know nothing of her motive"

He looked at Jade.

"Training is far from a good reason for me. There is many way of training oneself and one of them include hunting others."

With that he turned himself, careful to every sound, and went deeper into the forest. His goal was to put some distance between them and himself so both would not be able to see him anymore. Since Midnight had left him with Kiri and an unknown presence, she might have though he would help Kiri if need be. He needed her to live then.

Midnight made her way back to the mansion and inside, heading to where the room Stick was given. She wondered if Puppy had agreed to heal Stick? Rain went to ask while Midnight was out there with Sayuk and Kiri. She wondered if Rain had been looking for it at all. Maybe they already had Puppy heal and she missed. Well, Rain could tell her everything.

She was almost to Stick's room when she heard him talking to someone. Sounded like Puppy was in there, but Rain wasn't. What was Puppy doing in there alone? Midnight became a little bit worried, but she wasn't about to just barge in there. She quietly came to the door, standing where she could hear and not be seen or noticed. She might learn of something that Stick wouldn't say in her presence.

Kiri watched as Sayuk left, waving slightly at him. She wondered what he needed to do, but she shruged it off, thinking he was probably just going to heal, or to rest. She tured back to Jade, waiting for her answer. She had told her about the safe-house because, even though Jade looked strong, and capable of taking care of herself, one could never be sure. "Like I was saying, I can take you to the safe-house, it's near here, we could get there in no time, by foot. You can stay there, and help the rebellion, or travel around looking for othe Agnimitra, like Midnight..." She said, trailing off at the end of her sentence. She was over-thinking things again, Jade probably only wanted somewhere to sleep... "...Sorry if I got carried away..." She muttered, a little embarassed.

She suddenly noticed Sayuk's scent lingering in the air. She sniffed a little, he semed to be somewere around, but not too close... She wondered briefly why he was still in that area, but she returned her attention to Jade almost immediatly. Right now, the new Agnimitra was more important.

Edited by Shirogane_Hikari

((Shiro, the temple is technically a safe house. so, i'm not really sure why Kiri is saying those things.))

Edited by Kira1

Puppy was surprised by that last question. He had just assumed that Stick knew he was his cousin. The fact that Stick didn't know had never crossed his mind. It made sense that he wouldn't know. His father and Stick had never kept in contact so there was the chance that his father had kept him secret and word had never reached Stick's ears of his existence. Was it best to tell Stick though? Puppy quickly thought it over and saw no reason why not to. Stick didn't seem like the man who cared about family or friends alike.

"My father was Owl. I'm your cousin. Didn't you know that?" Puppy asked Stick.

Stick was shocked by this revolution. He had assumed for so long that the rest of his family was already dead; the thought of even one of them being alive was overwhelming. His uncle had been a crafty one, so somehow he had been able to avoid detection for this long. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, Stick stared at the wall in stunned silence for several moments before returning his attentions back to Puppy. Allowing himself to truly look at the boy, he started to notice the family resemblance. They both had the same nose and eyes that were a shade of yellow. There was also the height. Puppy was already tall for his age and he obviously still had more time to grow.

"Let’s pretend you're not lying," Stick said huskily. His voice was coated with a strange range of emotions, from awe to sadness to fear. "Is my uncle still alive? Who was your mother? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Where did you grow up? How did you get here? Forget that. Just tell me everything."

When he finally reached an area where they would not see him he used his power erasing himself completely from everything. He was finally ready to see how thing would go. He came back closer and when he was near enough he turned around them, not getting close so not to risk getting touched and reached the other side. He was now standing the opposite direction he had gone off to. He didn't have to worry about much now, but the girls conversation. In the best case Jade would follow Kiri to the mansion and he would have nothing else to worry about, in the worst case Jade attacked Kiri and he would have to help her. There was always tht other scenario where Jade would refuse and go away. In such a case he would be able to ask her a few questions away from any resistance ears.

He pushed these hypothesis away. They were not useful for now. Everything in due time. For now. He was going to observe.

So that's why Puppy was acting strangely around Stick! Midnight thought to herself, doing her best not to gasp out loud at learning this. She was about to blow her cover though by making a sound and she kept her mouth shut to stay silent. It was best to stay and listen to Puppy explain everything to Stick. It probably was somewhat rude of her to eavesdrop like this, but she had to know! Her curiosity was just too great for her to pass this opportunity up, especially since it seemed like they didn't know she was there. Well, then she would just stay exactly where she was until they finished their conversation.

Jade nodded when Kiri asked her if she wanted to go to the safe house. "I would love to. You must be a very nice person to ask someone that you just met if they want to help the rebellion. I could but...you could call me a in-between. I don't kill humans. Sometimes though I do hate them. But I don't think it is right to kill them. The thing is though, I like to sleep outside more. It helps me breath better then when I am in a building." Jade narrowed her eyes as she caught a scent. She shook her head and let it be. "Do you want me to evaluate how good you are so far with your powers? If you don't want me to you can just say so."

((Whoops, I thought that in the beginning, but I got a little dizzy after what Skarx posted xd.png Oh well, I'll go edit it))

Kiri smiled sweetly at Jade, blushing a little about the compliment. Jade said she was an in-between, but she could still live in the masion, since there, you were safe from the Black Dragon's army. If she didn't kill humans, that was good enough, at least for her. And she couldn't see why Midnight or anyoune would say otherwise. "It's okay if you're an in-between, you can still live in one of the safe-houses, away from the risk of being found by Dark's army. If they do, you'll probably be forced to kill humans..." She said, smiling again.

Her head tilted a little to a side when Jade offered to test her skills. She probably meant a spar... "Well, I'd like to, but I don't really like fighting, so..." She said, trailing off at the end of her sentence. She felt bad for turning down Jade's offer, but that was the way she thought. "...Sorry..." She said, her head hanging a little, making her long bangs of hair cover her eyes. She still tended to bow a little whenever she said 'thanks' or 'sorry'...

Jade smilled as she heard what Kiri said about fight. Jade chuckeled and shook her head. "No. I don't mean a spare. I mean in the sky. You know, using your powers. I want to see just how good you are so far." Jade smelled the scent again. She sniffed the air and her eyes narrowed. She was thinking that it might be something that would hurt her or Kiri. Jade felt as if they were actually family. It had been a long time since she saw another wind dragon. Jade put her hands behind her back and shifted on her feet.

Edited by Jadeclaw

((Umm, you're not supposed to be able to smell Sayuk, when he uses his ability, he dissapers completely, without even a scent, but if it was just something he touched, then it's allright ^^))

Kiri looked back up when she heard Jade's words. "If it's just that, then I don't see wht not!" She said, quite cheerfully. She was really glad there was a way of testing someone's powers without having to fight, and that there was actually someone who thought of it. And she was a wind dragon, too. She hadn't known Jade for that much, but she was already starting to fully trust her. She just kept looking at her, waiting expectantly for her to tell her what she should do... She wondered what kind of test it would be, up in the air... Maybe asking her to control the wind? Or to create it? She shook her head a little, reminding herself to stay at the real world, and stop day-dreaming before it got worse. She saw Jade put her hands behind her back, and then start shifting on her feet. She wondered if she was nervous about something... A moment ago, she had sniffed the air, ad if something didn't belong there... "Something wrong...?" She asked, a little concerned. She sniffed the air a little herself, wanting to find out what was bothering Jade... After all, there weren't so many things that could disturb an Agnimitra...

((Thank you for telling me))

Jade shook her head as she heard Kiri ask her what was wrong. "There's nothing wrong. I never was in the jungle before so the smells are new to me. Mostly I would stay in the Himalayas. I been hiding there for two hundred years. It's so hard not to change the degrees there. It is always cold at first. Mostly I just slept until I got to hungry to sleep anymore." Jade looked into the sky and walked back some. "We can practice in the sky. I know somewhere where there is a clearing big enough to take off from."

Stick sat on the bed and inclined his head to the empty spot next to him. His eyes searched the young Agnimitra questioningly as if he was searching for something he couldn't find. Amazingly, Stick's face was not twisted into its normal sinister smile or disapproving frown. His eyes were alight with curiosity and it somehow diminished his usually disconcerting appearance. Without even realizing it, Stick's eyes had changed from their usual sharp penetrating yellow to a more friendly subdued and welcoming amber strangely reminiscent of the shade of Golden's eyes. His hair had changed from its bright flaming red to the same shade of yellow that Puppy's was. These were the actual eye color and hair color Stick had been born with.

Golden watched in wonder as Stick's hair and eye color changed. With that simple change it was amazing how much alike they looked. If he hadn't known better, he would have thought he was looking into a mirror at a future version of himself. Other then age, one of the minute differences between them was the shade of their eyes. Sticks were just slightly darker. Walking over, he sat next to Stick on the bed and looked him straight in the eyes, searching for an easy answer. He was no longer sure whether to trust his father's judgment. The man before him appeared so open and curious it scared Puppy.

On the other side though, Golden wasn't sure whether he could trust the man. He had seen the other side of him before. There was no arguing that Stick had a darker side to him, even if hidden under all those layers was the golden man sitting before him. Could it all be a sinister ploy merely to sucker him in? Puppy thought on that for a minute but his natural trust of everyone didn't allow him to entertain his doubts for long.

"You really care, don't you?" Golden said with surprise.

Stick blinked at this comment. It stung at him as if the boy had just announced his deepest darkest secret to the whole world. As he allowed himself to think on it though, he realized with some awe that he really did care. It had been so long that he had genuinely cared for anything other then killing his brother that the thought he could care about something else was an epiphany to him. Thoughts of things he had once cared for floated through his head. His mother... His family... His home... His father’s approval... He realized that the last one was what had led him to where he was now. He had always felt like he had to best his brother and so everything he did he tried to do it better then Dark. Do I really have to be a better murderer then Dark? Maybe for once I don't have to follow in my brothers footsteps and try to be the better son.

"I really do care. Now, why don't you tell me more about yourself? I'd really like to know." Stick said with a smile on his face that was natural and friendly instead of sinister. With those words he threw out almost 2000 years of fruitless searching and found himself again. Now that he had a real family again he had something to live for.

((I know its sappy xd.png I'm a girl though. I like sappy things. Don't worry though. When not around Golden, Stick will return to his normal rude, insulting pain in the rear end that he usually is, just not as bad as before.))

((Your welcome! ^^))

Kiri nodded a little while Jade was talking. She knew what it was like to be somewhere completely different to what you're used to, and you just have to addapt. She wondered what it was like at the Himalayas, though... Noticing she was about to space out again, she tried to focus on something. For example, what Jade was saying. She said something about a clearing big enough to take off from, so she decided to just follow her. It had been a while since she had last went into her dragon form anyway, so she was kinda loking uo to it. To fly. To feel the breeze caress her features. Just now, se realized how much she missed it... "So, how far away is that clearing?" She asked, a little of her eagerness slipping into her voice.

Jade smiled when she heard the Kiri's eargness in her voice. "It's not that far away. Just a couple yards away from here." Jade started to lead the way into the forest. Jade made sure to stay out of the way of tree trunks and roots. She didn't want to trip in front of the younger wind dragon. She could feel the wind pulling at her. It seemed as if it wanted her to touch the clouds with her wings. She shook her head when she felt that she was slipping into a daydream to much. She soon came to the clearing where she landed from. She looked back at Kiri with a smile on her face. "Here we are. About to go where wind dragons everywhere were born to be. Up into the air to do what other dragons call death difying stunts. Well, that's what I do anyway. It is beautiful above the clouds. Have you ever gone that far up into the air?"

Hikari followed Jade across the woods, being careful not to trip over anything. Eventually, they came to a pretty big clearing, and, like Jade had said, they could probably take off from there. She heard her talk, and turned to look at her. When she mentioned 'death defying stunts', she blinked a little, and her head fell slightly to the side. She had never tried those, it never really occurred to her. Well, it was expected, she guessed, since she only traveled because she needed to. She never really thought of it as something that might be fun... She just enjoyed the breeze against her features, but stunts? She wasn't so sure about that, but, hey, whay damage could there be? They were both wind dragons, so even if something went wrong, they could easily stop their fall, or slow it down enough to come out relatively uninjured...

"Well, when I traveled, I used to do it inside the clouds, so they could hide me, but I guess I never tried to fly above them..." She said, while looking up at the sky. It was around mid-day, so it was a pretty light blue colour, with the clouds floating lazily around, they really looked like cotton candy... She vaguely remembered having said that once before, and she realized it had been the first time she had flought into a cloud, with her father... She smiled lightly at the memory, she remembered trying to bite the clout, to end up with nothing but a little water... Shaking her head to bring herself back into reality, she turned to look at Jade again. "So, we're going up there, or what?" She said, while closing her eyes, and letting her dragon form take over her.

Soon, her whole now snake-like body, was covered in blue scales, and two reindeer-like horns sprouted from her head. A tuff of white hair grew in a line from her head to her tail, ending there with longer fur. And she took off towards the distant clouds, making it there in almost no time. She let the nostalgic feeling of the moisture around her, and the lazy breeze wash over her, closing her eyes, with a smile painted over her lips. Without even noticing it, she started flying higher and higher, with her eyes still closed. When she noticed, she was already at a considerably dangerous height, even for Agnimitra. But she didn't really care. The sight that was offered to her was more that enough as a repayment. The forest looked so tiny... The trees looked like green dots, and the animals were barely visible. She recognised the mansion in the distance, as mighty looking as always, and the clouds... They looked like cushions, like you could land perfectly on them... "It's so pretty..."

Golden dispelled all of his fears and immediately opened up. With an easy smile, Puppy started to tell about his history. He began with the best times, when he was at home with both his father and mother and thought he was human. Occasionally Stick would interrupt him to ask seemingly inconsequential questions such as "Where did you go to school?" or "That really happened?" or "What day is your birthday?", questions any normal person would ask a long lost family member. Then he moved on to the times that had a mix of good and bad. He described his first flight with enthusiasm but then got more solemn as he came to the part where his father had described the challenges that came along with being an Agnimitra.

Finally came the part he had been dreading, the worst of times. He described he had seen his father killed and was forced into joining Dark's army, if only for a while. As he came around to that part, Stick's cheery mood visibly darkened and he scowled with fierce anger. That caused Golden's stomach to do a little back flip. He was afraid the old Stick was beginning to reemerge and the man he thought he had seen was simply an illusion that had never been.

Trying to soothe the savage look on Stick's face, Puppy immediately stumbled into the portion of the story where he had met the others and come here. He hid nothing from Stick, even telling him of the new powers he had developed a short while ago. Once the part about his uncle and Dark's army was past, some of Stick's anger seemed to vanish, but the man still appeared tense and there was a vengeful gleam in his eye. In one last attempt to distract Stick from his anger Puppy murmured, "What about you? What’s your story?"

As Puppy told his story, Stick absorbed up all the information he could. He wasn't asking so he could use the knowledge against the boy as he usually did when he questioned people. There was simply an unreasonable urge to know more about him. He asked as many questions as came to mind in the early stages, but as Puppy continued, Stick heard the boy's story and immediately felt anger at his brother. How could Dark do this to an innocent boy, someone who is his own flesh and blood? he wondered to himself. His eyes gleamed as he imagined sticking a sword through Dark. The daydream was familiar to Stick, but this time the dream was different. This time Stick was plunging the sword through Dark for the sake of Puppy, not for his own.

Stick noticed that his anger was making the boy uncomfortable, so he tried to relax and listen but he was only so successful at this feat. The anger loomed at the back of his mind like a black cloud waiting to swallow him up. Golden stumbled through the last of his story when he asked an unexpected question.

"What about you? What’s your story?" Puppy murmured.

Stick paused and the anger dissipated at his surprise. He should have realized the boy would expect his story in return. It was only fair right? Hesitating for the briefest moment, he then decided he might as well. He had already laid out all the deepest aspects of himself to the boy. There was nothing left to hide from him.

"I have had a long life Puppy. Years and years of experiences that don't really matter in the end, but I'll try for your sake to pick out the most important parts." Silence reigned for a second as Stick considered what to say next. "I suppose I should begin at the beginning. It is only proper. I was born into a normal family with normal parents. Everything was just normal, that is until he was born. I suppose your uncle told you I am Dark's brother, correct?" Stick was sure his uncle would have told his son this crucial bit of information, but it didn't hurt to ask. If he hadn't then who knew how the boy would react.

((Thank for warning about Sayuk' ability Shiro ^^ If he's using his ability even if he touch something it will not smell anything though. Just though I would clear that point too.))

Sayuk followed the girls. Wind dragons doing stunts was always something nice to see. He had the chance of seeing one years ago. He would have liked to try it, but... he would not be able to slow his descent if things went wrong. His only special aptitute in 'stunts' was the height he could fly. He could stand extreme cold without problem, but it was nothing special. When Kiri changed into her dragon from Sayuk did too. As soon as Jade would transform and leave the groud he would follow them and go on with his observation... as much as he could.

It felt strange to leave him human shape. He rarely ever did so he could blend in more easily. Still he flapped his large wings. Flying would be nice, it had been a long time since he did.

((These total NPC posts are really intense! I keep getting carried away and writing so much for them. If it gets overwhelming, let me know. biggrin.gif ))

Rain crossed her arms over her chest as one of the Agnimitra entered the room. The woman was small and blond and looked to be at least 300 years younger than Rain or Adam. The woman squeaked in surprise when she saw Rain standing there.

"Oh, did I interrupt something? I am so sorry!" The woman said stepping closer to the pair. Rain recognized her as Lana, a water dragon with minor healing abilities. Rain seemed to remember her as having a sort of crush on Adam. Lana had followed Rain around like a duckling during the time she had spent there for the weeks that Rain had been staying there. Anytime Lana saw Adam her cheeks flushed and she got rather clumsy. Rain was fond of the younger woman.

"Its not a problem, Lana. It is a conversation that will be continued later." Adam said, with a pointed look at Rain. Rain looked away and sighed internally. She did not want to have to turn one of her best friends down. Lana smiled at Adam's words and giggled nervously.

"Oh good. I'm glad." She said and stepped closer to them. Adam looked at her expectantly and Lana giggled again.

"Wasn't there something you wanted to tell me, Lana?" Adam asked in a slightly annoyed voice. Getting interrupted from what he had been set on talking about had obviously annoyed him. Lana's eyes lit up in excitement.

"Oh, right. Of course. I just received a letter from another Temple. I thought you would want to get it as soon as possible." Lana said and handed him the letter. Adam shifted his hand into a claw and carefully tore the letter open. He then shifted his hand back and pulled the letter out. He opened it it and began reading. Lana looked around the room and walked over to a vase. She ran her hands over it and in that moment a branch fell off one of the trees outside. The snapping sound caused Lana to turn abruptly in surprise and push the lamp off its stand. Rain saw the movement out of the corner of her eye and moved towards it as quickly as she could. She reached the lamp and stretched her arms towards it as it fell on the ground and shattered, spraying pieces of porcelain everywhere. Rain winced as they came flying towards her and some of the shards grazed across her skin. Luckily, Adam was far enough away and Lana has her back turned so Rain was the only one affect. Rain was still except for her breathing for a few moments as Lana turned and gasped in surprise. Adam dropped the letter and rushed to her.

"I am so sorry!" Lana said, reaching out to Rain. Rain flinched away and Adam stopped as he reached Rain. Rain just let out a deep breath and straightened so that she was standing normally, but held her arms away from her body. Adam looked over at Lana.

"Why don't you go check on the members coming back from the patrol and making sure that they are all right?" Adam asked in the patient sort of tone parents use with their children. Lana nodded, frowning, and walked towards the door. Rain rested her hand on the girl as she passed and sent her feelings of reassurance.

"Don't worry about me or the vase. I'm fine and Adam really hated that vase." Rain said with a smile. Lana's expression brightened a little and she nodded, then walked out of the room and closed the door. Adam looked back at Rain.

"Are you..." Adam asked, but trailed off when he saw Rain close her eyes and begin to focus on all of the tiny scrapes to heal them. Adam watched as the cuts seemed to glow for a second, then disappear. After another deep breath, Rain opened her eyes and smiled at Adam.

"What were you saying?" Rain asked in a sweet voice. Adam smiled and shook his head.

"Nothing, I love watching you heal. You are so good at it, so pure." Adam said and stepped closer to Rain. Rain stepped back this time.

"I'm sorry, but I want to go see that dagger, and you need to read the letter. It is probably important." Rain said to Adam and turned her back to him. She walked to the door and looked back at him from it for a moment. He started to step forward and she opened the door, walked through the doorway, and closed it. She then began walking down the hall. After a few minutes, she pulled out a key and opened a very normal door that lead into a storage/maintenance room. She moved a few of the common place items they kept facing outwards and found a hand sized door carved into the wall. She pulled it open and pulled out Stick's dagger. Rain quickly closed up the door and put everything back in its place. She then left the closet, closed, and locked it after her. She slid the dagger into one of the pouches on the inside of her clothing and began walking down the hall, towards the Western gardens.

Edited by Key2Universe

((@Skarx, I meant something Sayuk touched before, so his scent would still be lingering around ^^ *is waiting for Jadeclaw to post*))

((why is it that when you guys do tons of posts I'm not on!? DX I wanna be on when you are!))

Midnight listened intently to the story, forgetting that this could be considered rude, and held to memory every detail. She didn't know these were the things that Puppy had gone through. Of course, she did feel sorry for the boy, but she knew he wouldn't like it if she showed it to him. Around Puppy she would act as if she never heard anything, which she should also do for Stick as well. They would eventually learn that she had been here listening, but for now she would let them think they had a private conversation.

But poor Puppy, having to join Dark's forces after his father was killed. It just made her hate Dark even more for doing something so horrible. Just like how Dark had killed her parents and grandparents; it was something no one should go through.

And Stick was Dark's brother!? That surprised her, but she held no hate towards Stick because clearly he did not like Dark. Still, for him to be the brother of that man? It had to be hard. Those poor cousins having to deal with someone who was their own relative, someone who they probably now wished never existed.

The way Stick talked about when Dark was born showed just how much he hated his brother. Apparently everything was normal for Stick until Dark was born, this somehow able to change Stick's life in such a major way.

Midnight stayed as quiet as she could be, hiding her presence and continued to listen. She didn't plan on missing this.

Puppy inclined his head toward the man and gave a small nod. He had known who he was from the very beginning although he had thought little of it. The fact was too important to ignore though. Stick was Dark's brother and that’s the way it was. When he had first heard that from his father Puppy had had a hard time believing there was another man out there who could claim even closer relations to the hideous Black Dragon, but here he was, in the flesh. Puppy had come to terms with that fact long ago. It no longer bothered him to any large extent.

Stick smiled. He was happy he didn't have to break that news to Puppy or he might have lost the boy's trust forever. After this he continued on. "This is important Puppy. Don't tell anyone who I am. My brother is looking for me. He doesn't know where I am or if I'm alive, but if he learns of my whereabouts me and everyone in this temple are in horrible danger. He will come after me relentlessly. It’s best for everyone that my secret stays secret. Now that we have that formality out of the way, I will continue on."

Stick started into his story. Unlike Puppy's it was filled with gaps and the nuances were skated over. Over 2000 years of history cannot be told in detail in the short time span they had, but Stick focused intently on his beginning years. He told of his mother’s death at the hands of a terrible disease just around the time Stick was earning his wings at 14 years of age. At this point his life had still been fairly normal. His brother had simply been a young child who acted like any other, but after his mother’s death everything changed, or more pointedly his father.

His father started choosing favorites after his mother died, but he primarily favored Stick because Dark grew up to be a troublemaker. Stick had felt a need to keep his standing as the favored son, and so he worked diligently to best his brother in everything. Perhaps it was this very same competition between Stick and Dark that drove Dark to murder his own father as a teenager. After Stick came home and found his father murdered, he decided he would keep his fathers memory alive by doing what he had always done to please his father, besting Dark. Thus his adventures began.

The next few years 2000 years were skated over. The truth was Stick had done almost nothing worth mentioning in this time other then chasing his brother down and trying to kill him. He did mention meeting an Agnimitra name Ida who he thought he had fallen in love with, but then she mysteriously disappeared, which had only added fuel to the fire of his rage. He also mentioned when he had first met Rain. He had no idea why this was important enough to him to mention to Puppy because Rain annoyed him to death, but it was.

Finally he came to the point in his life where he was here. He laughed as he told the story of how he had met his long lost cousin in the strangest way. He told the story as if Puppy were not sitting next to him at this moment and it was a 100 years from now, telling the story to someone else. "And then I sat down next to him and prepared to tell him my story... but oh! It seems reality has caught up with my story I'm afraid." He laughed at his own joke and winked at the boy beside him in a carefree way.

((It is because we are conspiring against you Kira >:D Muhahaha!))

((Sorry. I had to do stuff))

Jade smiled as Kiri changed into her dragon form and took off into the air. She didn't really care if she didn't do stunts. These times were hard and you had to be careful. She was suprised that she was a Chinese Lung. She sighed and changed into her dragon form. Her blue scales shone brightly in the sun. She shook her head and took off into the air. She flew higher into the air. She flew up above the clouds and looked at the sight before her. She sighed as she saw the sight. The sun looked as if it was setting. You could see a blend of blues, reds and oranges. "The most beautiful sight in the world."

She let her wings stop flapping and fell from the sky. She brought her wings close to her body and spun around and around. Small twisters formed whenever she done a three-sixty. She spun and spun until she was twenty feet above the treetops. She spread out her wings and bent upwards. She flew above the treetops and did a few spin in the air while she was flying. She felt good being in the air again. It was always a wonderful feeling to be there. And this air was so pure and had no smell of smoke in it. She hovered above the trees and looked for Kiri.