Dis

The sprite practice thread.

Much smile.gif The near foreleg seems a bit too defined on the right side, giving it a "stuck on" appearance.

I'm pretty sleep deprived so I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about or if I made it any better.

user posted image

user posted image

Any huge issues with this before I fix the lines? Well other than her wings, they are supposed to look like that ^u^

Much better, Tiki smile.gif

Kitty, the wings wouldn't work for flight like that.

I'm pretty sleep deprived so I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about or if I made it any better.

user posted image

The back hind leg doesn't match how the near hind leg looks. Remember, both legs need to have the same build to them. Right now they look like legs from two seprate creatures.

I realize that but the far leg's foot is turned, facing away from us. So you are seeing the back view of the foot.

Is there anything you would suggest to make it look more like what I'm attempting?

Its not the foot. Its the rest of the leg. Theigh doesn't come down far enough like it does in the near leg. No where near infact.

I see what you mean now. Don't know how I missed that. I'm messing around with it now but I probably won't post the edit until later tonight as I have to leave soon.

I realize that those wings wouldn't be capable of flight, They are supposed to look that way. She is one of my characters, and more more 'floats' I guess c: Is there any other issues?

So they're supposed to be stumps attached to the shoulder with sticks and webbing attached to them? Because as they are now they wouldn't even be able to fold in [like you can with your arm/wrist] unless they were noodles, even then with that mass they would either be stuck stiffly in one place or flopping around.

But ok. Since they're supposed to be like that.

The far wing only has one... stick... while the near has two.

user posted image

Merr.... X\

Can't seem to make it look right. Redlines are welcome.

Edited by tikigurl91

Hello everyone! I'm testing my spriting skills (which I don't really have since I'm a beginner) again. I'm making a leetle mailbox badge for one of the BSA concepts. I wanted to try making a leetle for once. I have the base with palettes right now. I'll try ot shade it eventually... But for that. I need comments and criticsms. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is what the mailbox is based on:

Fancy Letterbox

Here is the mailbox sprite:

(Now with shading!!! Comments? Criticsms?)

post-25-1346337105.png

Edited by Shokomon

Hello everyone! I'm testing my spriting skills (which I don't really have since I'm a beginner) again. I'm making a leetle mailbox badge for one of the BSA concepts. I wanted to try making a leetle for once. I have the base with palettes right now. I'll try ot shade it eventually... But for that. I need comments and criticsms. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is what the mailbox is based on:

Fancy Letterbox

Here is the mailbox sprite:

(Now with shading!!! Comments? Criticsms?)

It doesn't look like any kind of mailbox to me, but otherwise I see nothing in dire need of attending to.

Perhaps make the hole straight instead of curved. That will make it better resemble a mailbox.

Also

user posted image

More crits please.

Decided to do female.

user posted image

Can has crits for http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=136411 ?

Edited by Ashywolf

the neck seems a bit too thin, it needs to connect to the underside of the head more,

the lines themselves seem a bit to wiggly and not fluid like they need to be

So they're supposed to be stumps attached to the shoulder with sticks and webbing attached to them? Because as they are now they wouldn't even be able to fold in [like you can with your arm/wrist] unless they were noodles, even then with that mass they would either be stuck stiffly in one place or flopping around.

But ok. Since they're supposed to be like that.

The far wing only has one... stick... while the near has two.

that's a bit harsh White.... ._.; this is a sprite practicing thread....

ya I know the post's old... but still... :\

@dragonstar32

You should make the highlights a lot brighter.and not use so many colors that look so similar (I've made the same mistake a lot before... since they usually look like 2 different worlds up close...)

@Fire-Ice

the sprite isn't completely closed (the horn tip is wide open) and the closest hind leg and wing arm look Very off I suggest redoing them completely using this dragon as a reference on how they're supposed to bend. The tail also seems to be too thin in some areas (mostly the bottom of it, where it's closest to the hindleg)

You should also smooth out it's lines (the tail needs it the most)

and I would avoid having such thin spikes...

Edited by 626lavaheart

I made the mailbox badge with a square hole now. Does it look any better? Or does it still not look like a mailbox?

post-25-1346700054.png

wow dragonstar, you didnt even touch the problem.

Go look at some good dragons and tutorials. Especially for wings.

pretty cool aizzy~ not much of anything atm as i gtg quick